Rally sightings

Published October 30th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

Source: Gawker

Above 2 pictures thanks to kdtwaite

Darlene’s Rally sign

Spotted at BuzzFeed’s Top 100 Rally Signs, courtesy of Pete.

Caught these two during the Jon Stewarts and Stephen Colberts Rally
for Sanity and/or Fear in DC on October 30th. Everyone kept asking “Is
that a spider?!?” however there were quite a few people (including me)
explaining what it was. Loved it!

-Jackie

Above two spotted by Traci, via Facebook FSM Group

Matt S. sent this picture of himself being Touched.

Due to delays caused by subway issues caused by the huge crowds, we were not able to rendesvous all at once. But here is an apparition of his noodliness, in the courtyard between the museums. A few people were puzzled, but far more came up to be “Touched by His Noodly Appendage”

Another shot.

The UbiFamily from the Forums, in full regalia. The sign that’s cut off reads “Is this thing on?”

Above three photos courtesy of Ubi Dubium

Washington Post mention:

“I do vote,” says Teddi Fishman, 46, the director of the Center for Academic Integrity in Clemson, S.C. “But more than entertainment or politics, I just think this is a release for everyone. We’ve had so much tension.”

This is why Fishman has come to the rally dressed as the Flying Spaghetti Monster, with plush tentacles encircling her body. “I want to be around people who believe in civil discourse, that you can disagree” respectfully, she said.

A man walked by and asked if he could take a picture. “Yes,” she said. “And would you like to touch my noodly appendage?”

Full article here.

70 Responses to “Rally sightings”

1. nun sequitur says:

concerned, if a rally like this were held in tenessee where i temporarily lived, there would b pasta everywhere…not in the form of converts, but…i am not trying 2 conjure anything, i just do not c it going over well in some parts. no offense to tenessee. i said tenessee by the way, not geneseee…(& sorry if i have mispelled anything, which prob i have).

• nun sequitur says:

i don’t know y i presume this is not exported 2 overseas, but 4 any1 unfamiliar, this is genesee i was referring 2. maybe there r beerologists around here could tell u more, but i have never personally witnessed others ingesting it.

2. Daniel Beard says:

Yes. It is true. Sin is fun for a season. The problem is that all professing Pastafarians will have to face Jesus Christ and the Great White Throne Judgment.

“And I saw a great white throne, and Him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.” Revelation 20:11-15 (KJV)

• TiltedHorizon says:

Santa already has a bounty on my head, Muhammad already hates me, Ganesha hired Shiva to deal with me, Ceiling Cat is licking my butter, Cthulhu is mad because I won’t answer his call, Crom wants me to answer the riddle of steel, Zeus just wants a hug, all while the dust bunnies under my bed are laughing at me since they warned me this would happen.

Jesus will have to wait his turn, I’m busy.

• Stevie says:

Agree 100%! All that “Jesus is gonna’ get you” ooga booga crap stopped scaring me many years ago and also sounds nothing like the Jesus that I was taught to pray to way back when I used to be a Christian. I am not buying it and they should not be selling it.

• Keith says:

Well, we all know the “gentle Jesus, meek and mild” is just selective editing. I can selectively edit to prove that Jesus was a complete bastard:
          “and he made a scourge of cords,
          sell your cloak and buy a sword,
          if anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother…
          I have come not to bring peace but a sword”
          instructions for how to beat your servant:
          says that the laws of the old testament still apply

I could probably go on but I think that will suffice.

• Keith says:

Daniel Bored, more likely. Blah blah blah, god, jesus, retribution. Unsurprisingly your religion does not have a monopoly on thrones and books of judgement. Look up the name Chitragupta for a start.

• Reverend Captain Mal says:

Wow, that was so enlightening. I am going to repent and change my ways right now because you can quote a fairy tale. Trying to convince us of anything by quoting the bible is a waste of time. Do you know how many religions have holy books that are said to be divine inspirations? Too many to count.

Oh and you’re wrong. Sin is not just fun for a season. Depending on the sin, it can be fun for a long long time. But since we’re on that topic, how do you define sin?

• Professing Pastafarian says:

If I end up standing before the Great White Throne, I’ll not plead for mercy. I’ll just say send me to hell, because I don’t want to spend eternity in the company of self-righteous bastards who quote from the Bible. I truly can’t imagine what it would be like to be surrounded by millions of Daniel Beard clones. To me, that would be hell. But there’s nothing to worry about because White Thrones and a Book of Life are just layers of bullshit to frighten and coerce the naive.

• The Reverend Toni Rigatoni says:

I frequently stand before the great white throne, sometimes I actually sit on the great white throne; my wife sits on the great white throne all the time (though not constantly I hasten to add)! All I can say is, if anyone at all finds themselves standing before the great white throne, make sure you shake well, there’s nothing worse than an embarrassing damp patch of shame in the front of your trousers.

May the Sauce be with you,

The Reverend

• Keith says:

I wish I’d have thought of that! they don’t call it the thunderbox for nothing!

• Rose says:

you forget..
      the bible was written by MAN, who LIE AND CHEAT AND STEAL to get what they want.
      I honestly think that if your god exists, he’s looking down at people like you, slapping his forehead and wondering how in the heck you got yourself created so stupid.

• Mad Sat says:

Ok, lets discuss this rationally.
      Crimes of Satan.
      1 Tricked Eve into feeding her mate an apple
      2 Tormented Job as part of a wager with Jehovah
      3 Goes to and fro in the Earth, seeking whom he may devour
      4 Shows up in Revelations – but this hasn’t happened yet
      5 Tempts Jesus.

Crimes of Jehovah
      1 Cursed mankind unto the last generation (Genesis 3:16-17)
      2 Murdered a large but unknown number of people directly (Flood)
      3 Murdered all the first born of Egypt
      4 Promotes theft by the chosen people repeatedly (Exodus 12:35 etc.)
      5 Kills 24,000 of the chosen by plague. (Numbers 25:6)
      6 Orders rape/enslavement of 32,000 virgin women. (Numbers 31:32) This incident also involves theft of millions of dollars worth of livestock.
      7 Kills all inhabitants of two cities (Sodom/Gomorrah)

Admitted, that’s a partial list, if you really want, I can go on.

• Keith says:

As far as the Garden of Eden myth goes, it was a serpent which is not given a name and the fruit isn’t specified. Apart from that the list seems pretty accurate.

• Miriam says:

Telling a Pastafarian they’d better behave or burn in hell is like telling a 40-year-old man he’d better behave or he won’t get any presents from Santa.

(I can’t take credit for coming up with this, my friend Cat said it.)

3. St. Arrrrgyle says:

I wonder what God uses for reading material on the Great White Throne? The Christian Science Monitor? The Book of Mormon? The God Delusion? Help me out here — I’m curious.

St Arrrrgyle of A Sissy
    Pirate Saint of Gay Apparel

• Olio says:

“for reading material …”?

‘When Will Jesus Bring The Pork Chops’, by George Carlin is a favorite of His. Geo is currently up there reading excerpts to Him through the door to the loo.

• St. Arrrrgyle says:

I hope George reads to him — “Christians must be sick in the head. Only someone who hates himself could possibly think of the pleasures of masturbation as self-abuse.” and “People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.”

• St. Arrrrgyle says:

OR — “Cosmologists are just now beginning to accept the possibility that the Big Bang was actually caused by a huge explosion in a meth lab.” and “I was reading a fitness magazine that had an article about cross-training, and I realized this would have been a good idea for Jesus.”

• Olio says:

I don’t know that everything in there is the gospel equivalent. If you read the below quoted material on maiming, it is clearly not all about entertainment, unless those observing are sadistic. Then I suppose it would be from that perspective. However I would hope for more than sadistic audiences. These abound however. Read his section on boxing. Second paragraph page 9. I do not know how to properly annotate it.

Carlin:WWJBTPC/Hand Me My Purse ;page 9 paragraph 2.

• Olio says:

I do not understand the cross training statement about jesus.

As for the other statement, I have missed the section on that topic entirely.

People do many things seeking comfort, which that is a very fleeting measure and an overly emphasized one if it is making an appearance in gods favorite book,above other measures. If conditions did not drive people to such but to improve conditions for others whenever possible- like abuse prevention- this would result in less emphasis placed there to begin with. That’s why god loves this book so much. It reminds him where his priorities are.

• Rose, Memeber of FSM and The Order says:

“If God were a teenager” is what I believe the title is. In it, God’s name is Bob, and just like any teenage boy, he only thinks about Sex.

4. Olio says:

“Since this book comes out in the fall Id like to take advantage of this early opportunity to wish all of you an enjoyable Christmas season and a happy New Year filled with good fortune. Of course,I realize this can’t happen for everyone. Some of you are going to die next year, and others will be crippled and maimed in accidents, perhaps even completely paralyzed. Still others will be stricken with diseases that can’t be cured, or will be horribly scarred in fires. And lets not forget the robberies and rapes – there’ll be lots of them. Therefore, many of you will not get to enjoy the happy and fortunate New Year Im wishing for you. So just try to do the best you can. ”

That was Georges Holiday Message, in above referenced book. Not a timely citation, however did not see one for Mothers Day listed. The book is dedicated to a Buddhist family member.

Spot Wade, his personal assistant, puts in some words as well. Everyone knows dogs go to heaven. That’s why god is an anagram of dog.

Overall a very comprehensive book. That’s why it is a personal favorite of the lords.

• St. Arrrrgyle says:

All the quotes I cited above are from Carlin’s WWJBTPC book. You seem to lack a humor gene or two if you fail to see the biting sarcasm he uses to accentuate the present state of the human condition as it pertains to religion. As far as the “cross-training” statement goes – I guess you had to be there (Golgotha). Lighten up.

5. Olio says:

I think you meant to say facetious ;not sarcastic.

My humor gene flickered out recently, maybe a transplant is in order.

I was attempting to be facetious. Everyone knows god does not use the toilet he has others go for him… and would not read that book because would already know what’s in there. Not the flying spaghetti monster, he I heard was an avid reader. I have not got all the answers. Never have pretended to.

Maybe if I turn down the lights I can get a better perspective. It is blinding, the light around here. Or did you mean weight related lightening up?

• St. Arrrrgyle says:

Sorry, Olio, I misread you. I forgot that God doesn’t defecate. I’ll have to find a euphemism for “Holy Shit!”. And that “lighten up” should have read – “Light one up.” Boy-o-boyardee, I sure messed that up.

May He caress you in His noodley embrace.

• Olio says:

You were probably correct. There is something about genes I understand, will not express themselves unless exposed to the environmental trigger which relates to it. I won’t be lightening nor lighting up any time soon but thank you for the suggestion. Why not do that for me?

• Olio says:

On second thought. Please do not do that for me. Light anything up. Maybe don’t do it at all is best.

• OLIO says:

I’ll be damned. It’s on page 109. Thought for a moment it was a joke. I have said that if sex offenders stayed away from other people and kept their hands to themselves it would be better; and am okay with that, just don’t really want to go there. Which is another section of the book. Not going there..I like his other materials. In The Secret News section it mentions a report about the fact god does not care. Just to let you know. So if he does really read in the restroom, we will not ever know. He does not care to tell us. That’s why we don’t know. There’s that too. In the section titled 99 Things You Need To Know. It states in #13 Some of the things you need to know are things nobody knows. Then on that other topic he listed, the one you listed on page 109, #11applies. It says Some of the things you think you need to know are things you probably don’t really need to know.

So. That’s all I know.

Sorry I lost sense of humor. It’s the non secret News outside of that guys book which included offenders in the category mentioned.
        I’d prefer certain criminal elements stay home as mentioned and away from the general population. That is a perfectly valid activity when lined up next to the alternative (abuse of others ); and paging through his book, I can’t see how I could have doubted that was in there …