Rally to restore sanity / March to keep fear alive

Published September 17th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

well played

Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert have just announced a rally for October 30th that we should take part in.  They’re calling it the “Rally to Restore Sanity” / the “March to Keep Fear Alive”.

It would be great if we can have a large Pastafarian presence to support the cause.  Perhaps we could have a meetup while we’re there?

Here is some more info on the event:

The Daily Show announcement and event site

Colbert Report announcement and event site

*update*

I have a proposal for a meeting site for Pastafarians attending the Rally for Sanity on Saturday. Just north of the Rally site is the National Gallery of Art. Between the East and West buildings there is an open plaza with glass pyramids. I suggest we meet there at 11:00 am, and then stake out our spot for the noon rally. Admiral Qwerty, PKMKII and the UbiFamily from the forums are planning to attend, and hope there will be lots more Pirates coming aboard. Bring Signs!

Be there or Walk the Plank. YAAARRRGGH!

-Ubi Dubium

92 Responses to “Rally to restore sanity / March to keep fear alive”

1. B. says:

Stephen Colbert had a pirate squirrel on his show last night. I would like to believe that was a sign.

2. pirinja says:

I dont know if a good rebuttle for gatortarian and the whole driving thing was made tl:dr half of the bickering, but though we could walk to work every day driving is easier. But where do we drive, its not our roads, its the people’s roads (via taxes) which the government paid for and regulates. So, whether or not anyone believes that we have to have car insurance or not, the government said you must have car insurance in order to drive on its roads.

Though since we are the government, if albeit by proxy, you can get a law into place to change that, though why i haven’t the slightest clue why you would want to, without it you would be spending thousands where with it you will be spending significantly less for car repair.

Yes the government can be overzealous at times and needs to be watched closely but sometimes they get it right like requiring insurance for cars, otherwise there would be many many more citizens/legal aliens that would be broke.

Sorry if this was already said before…

on the other note, i wish i could go to dc to hear the satire!

3. Meatpuppet says:

|Perhaps we could have a meatup while we’re there?|

FTFY

4. GodOfPasta says:

I will be representing with a “WWFSMD?” sign. It would be AWESOME if we could somehow get together.

• Qwertyuiopasd says:

In the thread on the discussion forum I linked to above, we’ve planned to meet between the East and West wings of the National Gallery of Art. Hopefully Bobby can make a legit post on the front page with the info, but if not, this will have to do.

Also, dressed as pirates and with FSM signs, we should be able to find each other fairly easily, I think. ;)

5. I'm Brian and so's my wife says:

The speed at which this thread descended into partisan bickering and name calling illustrates perfectly why these rallies, while satirical, are so necessary.

When Stewart announced his rally, he suggested some appropriate signs. My favorite was “I disagree with you, but I’m pretty sure you’re NOT Hitler”. The whole point of this stunt is to tamp down the insane rhetoric, from BOTH sides.

• B. says:

I don’t know… Hitler might be in this thread. I wouldn’t rule it out.

6. Great Fear tactic says:

I see that Colbert just asked all of his marchers to march in costumes. Seems the FSM would make for a great costume if we could get a big enough group.

7. B. says:

My 2-minute Sanity sign. Figured He should be visible there… somehow.

• B. says:

Hmm, seems like just clicking on that URL means “voting” for that sign. Unintentional spam, sorry.

8. Bosn_C_Otter says:

Sadly I live in the SF bay area. But from hat I understand there are groups gathering in both Sacramento and San Francisco. Does anyone plan to do a gather in ether location?