Virgin Mary sighting is clearly the FSM

Published August 30th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

A church in North Carolina has been receiving a lot of attention over a "Virgin Mary" sighting.  In quotes, because it’s clearly the FSM.  Take a look:

Mary did not have noodly appendages (so far as I know)

Here’s an article about it.  I particularly liked the quotes…

This was, to me, I feel like, an answer to prayer. I think (God) sent us a miracle.

Feel free to leave comments and set them straight.

43 Responses to “Virgin Mary sighting is clearly the FSM”

1 2 3 4
  1. StJason says:

This sort of stuff always bothered me. What the hell kind of petty diety would make such an obscure, small miracle like this? I mean, the creator of the entire universe, if He really wanted to, would show up fifty feet tall glowing and flaming and saying in a voice that shook like an earthquake: “Hey, retards! Lay off the shit and eat some spaghetti already!”

Dripping water in a basement… sheesh!

2. Bearded Clam Admirer says:

It looks more like Bob Marley than the Virgin Mary…

3. Vinny says:

If God were to really go to the trouble of putting a sign on a church wall, surely you’d at least expect it to look, y’know, good? And not like something you have to squint at and take LSD to see as looking like a human being?

Seriously, it boggles the mind that some people actually will take this as a divine sign. It’s a freaking water stain in a vaguely human shape. With what looks like a second head growing out of the shoulder. Apparently the Virgin Mary spent a lot of time playing with radioactive waste.

4. Sarah says:

It definitely looks more like the FSM than any humanoid creature *nods*

5. Phyve says:

Looks like god needs to grant them a plumber.
    They locked the comments after the first FSM comment. That’s frickin’ hilarious!!! :::fingers in ears::: “I can’t hear you!!!”

• Theo says:

well… mission accomplished then.

6. theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

It boggles my mind how people think their deities, with all the troubles in this world, would waste their time marking basement walls or supermarket freezer doors with their likenesses. Who the *%#@ would worship such a weak, inane god like that?

7. Alchemist says:

@theFew. I’d like to teach the world to sing in that kinda harmony…

8. The Big R says:

Looks more like Kosh of Vorlon to me.

1 2 3 4