Door propaganda

Published July 6th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

fsm_03

Our neighbor was hanging up a maria and jesus-icon in the hallway. We couldn’t let it hang unanswered.

Keep up the great work of spreading the words of The Flying Spaghetti Monster!

Regards from Chillnest :)

-Djinn

164 Responses to “Door propaganda”

1 2 3 5
  1. Pilot wench says:

Whahahaha, got already any comments from the neighbors?

:D

2. Chillnest says:

No, i’m waiting :) I’m not sure if he gets angry, laugh or don’t care.

3. Fiona says:

Ohh I still have to put on my car fsm

4. Pasta says:

The FSM is more stylish.

• ARIK says:

HANDARSON YOU ARE VERY SMART.PORGIVE ME FOR THE BAD GRAMMER I AM NOT FROM AMERICA.I AM FROM ISREAL.I HATE RELIGEON.ITS RETARTED I MEAN COME ON THERE IS NO WAY THAT A FUCKING MAGIC HAPPENED.RELIGION IS A FUCKED UP THING AND I HOPE IT WILL DISAPEER FROM THUS PLANET WITCH WAS NOT CREATED IN 6 DAYS.IT TOOK MILIONS OF YEARS AND FUCKE MUSKE CHUCK AND THE TEMPLE I MEAN REALLY FUCKE YOU

5. zebobbybird says:

Does it keep the “witnesses” and mormons away?

6. Chillnest says:

zebobbybird: It has worked so far. Maybe FLM also will scare away the license man (if you have that in your country) and neighbors who complain about noise?

I’m still waiting on a reaction from my neighbor..

Have a nice summer everyone!

7. ohaiguys says:

Dear Chillnest
    as a christian, i would like to apologize deeply on behalf of my fellow church goers for the offence caused by expressing their beliefs in their own home. I am hopeful that when you do recieve the intended “reaction” it will be one of grave repentance for holding beliefs other than your own but as i am sure you are aware all christians are unempathetic bigots who force their views upon everyone, point in case being the above declaration of faith which you yourself very justly supressed with your own modest and indifferent display. i admit that being proud of believing in an existance greater than human life is a most unacceptable act it is certainly a prejudice of the deepest kind for your neighbour to express this belief openly and i applaud you on your calling them on it. I again apologise deeply for flying in the face of your fine establishment with my own beliefs and hope that you never again must undergo the painful experience of being exposed to a worldview other than your own.
    regards
    an uneducated, prejudice and intrusive fool whose beliefs have no purpose or benefit whatsoever.

• Gordon_UK says:

To ohaiguys

Maybe you would care to apologise for the rest of the abhorrent behaviour displayed by other members of your religion?

For example;

Sexual abuse of children

The cover up of the abuse which allowed the perpetrators to continue

Forcing your believes in to our laws

Forcing your believes in to our schools

For telling Atheists (and believers of other regions) the have no morels

For telling Atheists (and believers of other regions) they should have less rights then Christians

For treating women like 2nd class citizens, according to the RCC ordaining women is as bad as child abuse

For treating gays as sub human

RAmen
      Gordon

• Drained and Washed Clean says:

I must say I am confused by your child like temper tantrum of words and self-deprecation.

First – There was a display and he chose to put up a display of his own beliefs. Why is that not allowed?

Second – If Christians are allowed to publicly display their beliefs, are you saying Pastafarians should not be granted the same rights?

Third – Religion is fair game for being criticized… Just like everything else on the planet. Are you saying he is not allowed to speak to a different perspective and publicly disagree?

Seems it is you who needs to be exposed to a worldview other than your own.

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

So are you saying that anyone displaying a belief not aligned with yours is being offensive? Only Christians or perhaps those of a “sanctioned” faith (ie: relatively old and large) are permitted to air their views?

• Drained and Washed Clean says:

Apparently. We wouldn’t want to go and “offend” anyone… Even though Christianity offends me, but we won’t bother with that. I am just an atheist and don’t actually count…

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Of course not. That’s why a politician of ANY faith would stand a better chance of election than an atheist. You’d think that NOT hearing voices from invisible people would justfy electing unbelievers, but..

• Chimp Pete says:

Sarcasm, very constructive.

8. ohaiguys says:

gentlemen
    it appears you have misinterpreted my most sincere apology as a “temper tantum of words”. if you would like me to further my apology then i am happy to do so.
    As the many apologies for and extensive action taken abuse by Pope Benedict against child sex abuse(of course Benedict is Catholic and i am an Anglican, but seeing as im sure your aware all Christians are same shit, lets roll with that) is clearly and shamefully insufficient for upstanding gentlemen as yourselves, i apologise deeply for the sexual abuse of children that is of course exclusive to people of my faith.
    i apologise for the overt cover up of such abuse, especially in the cases of (former) Father Peter Hullerman, (former) father Stephen and (former) father Marcial Maciel Degollado. I find it shameful and embarassing that so many of our laws and ethics have been forced upon laws around the world. i am sure you could list a myriad of instances where this has been apparent so i wont bore you with a list.
    I am sure you would agree that conducting a scripture class to further educate students on religions on the world which happen to include Christianity is an archaic and insensitive practice, so i must apologize deeply for this also.
    I certainly owe you a very deep apology for the numerous times the Christian church has overtly implied that anyone who is not a Christian has no morals. this was most apparent in the several inter-faith dialogue conventions held in Assissi throughout the eighties.
    Non-Christians having less rights than Christians is in fact a founding doctrine in our church, this is most apparent in Romans 14.
    And yes, we often teach and practice the doctrine of women being inferior to men. so much to the extent that there are several instances in the Old Tetament of beating a woman being punishable by death. and as before mentioned, all Christians are the same scum, so the doctrine of the Catholic church may as well be applicable to all Christianity so i of course apologise for this.
    Yeah we treat gays as sub-human ALL THE TIME! we just cant get enough of it. it is so good to see you guys are basing your opinions on deep scriptual study of actual Christian beliefs and not just what a couple of fanatics at an AIDs protest wrote on their signs. of course having any sort of a doctrine against any practice, while being one of the defining factors of what constitutes a religion, it is unacceptable for Christianity to pick and choose this way, especially considering the letters of Paul remind us that all sins, including Homosexuality, are forgiven through faith. thats just cruel of us.

Drained and Washed Clean i commend you for your most righteous and compassionate words. The public display of ones own beliefs is a free right to all people and a central aspect of a free society. of course once some bastard expresses a Christian belif such as, oh, say, putting and icon above their doorway, this right is rendered void and appropriate action must be taken to shame and provoke them. I wholeheartedly agree with your statement that religion is fair game for criticism, Pastafarianism, however, is not such fair game. i mean thats just not kosher. Especially considering the integrity and seriousness of your beliefs and were anyone to attempt a criticism of Pastafarianism this would certainly be most unacceptable, i mean after all this talk about how horrid us Christians are, why should we be allowed to defend our own faith and beliefs? we are after all inherrently child molesting, racist, sexist facists whose beliefs should not be allowed to be displayed in the public domain without being openly attacked and the right to defend denied.

i hope i have cleared up any confusion regarding my apology. i have nothing but the deepest remorse for any of you who have ever been offended by the beliefs and practises of my church and hope that you continue to carry out your own expression that has never hurt or offended anyone. especially the view expressed by ARIK which could in no way be considered to be discriminatory or hateful.
    yours truly
    an inhumane demon who for thae sake of his beliefs has become the embodiment of pure evil

• Gordon_UK says:

ohaiguys

I think it was a fair assumption for me take from your phrase “as a christian, i would like to apologize deeply on behalf of my fellow church goers” you were speaking on behalf of Christians in general rather then a particular version. Now unless something has happened recently that I’m unaware of both Anglicans and Roman catholic are both Christians faiths.

So you believe that pope Benedict’s action where “extensive” while he was head of the Holy See (before he became pope)? By that do you mean resending the 1962 Vatican document Crimen Sollicitationis? (The document recommended that rather than reporting sexual abuse to the relevant legal authorities, bishops should encourage the victim, witnesses and perpetrator not to talk about it. And, to keep victims quiet, it threatened that if they repeat the allegations they would be excommunicated) Nice!

You also missed off Rev. Lawrence C. Murphy who managed to abuse over 200 boys with the knowledge of Cardinal Ratzinger (AKA the pope).

Yes it is upsetting that there is a law in the UK the requires schools undertake an act of (usually Christian) worship each school day, regardless of their own beliefs. This is somewhat different from religious education which is beneficial, my personal favourite from school was learning how the pagans where ‘converted’.

“Non-Christians having less rights than Christians is in fact a founding doctrine in our church” your right there try Exodus 22:20 “He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed”. Never quote dogma to an atheist as they tend to know more about it then.

Women bishops, the Anglicans love’um that’s why on the proposal on legislation to consecrate women bishops, the synod bishops voted by 28 to 12 for the motion, the clergy by 124 to 44 and laity by 111 to 68. With this phrase being used “who as a matter of theological conviction will not be able to receive the ministry of women as bishops or priests”. Surely this should of been unanimous if they thought women where on an even footing.

“Yeah we treat gays as sub-human ALL THE TIME!” “considering the letters of Paul remind us that all sins, including Homosexuality, are forgiven through faith.” So your saying homosexuality is a sin and correct me if I’m wrong but is sin not a bad thing? Which may explain one CofE bishop, Bishop of Rochester Dr Michael Nazir-Ali, saying gays should ‘repent’. Can you feel the love?

And I’m sure it a breeze for ARIK living in a country that’s so heavyly religious and which has quite a low tolerance for atheists.

RAmen

Gordon

• Drained and Washed Clean says:

Where did I say Pastafarianism is not fair game? I must have missed that… Hmmm… But I do know that Chillnest is not going to their door and banging on it and saying “look at my sign!! What is your reaction?!?” People put things in their yard to piss others off all the time. This is no different.

However, you are coming here and being an ass. No one is attacking you. Is that your door? Then you have nothing to say. I am not coming to your church where you speak of things that I completely disagree with and find offensive and saying how stupid you are for believing in an invisible zombie sky daddy. I am doing it in what you could call MY church. Now you are coming here, to MY place, and doing this sarcastic “woe is us” bit (which is really getting old).

If you have something to say, then say it. If you want to engage in a philosophical debate then pose an actual question or thought, OR if you would like us to visit your church and do what you are doing here; please leave the address for us.

Otherwise, go whine at your own church.

1 2 3 5