What Happened to the Concept of Respecting Others

Published June 18th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

I wanted to write this, because as an Atheist myself, I still find your attempt at mockery not amusing. Though I lack religion, I still can respect others and their beliefs. Can’t you do the same? You can have your own viewpoint on life, but this makes all atheists look like assholes.

You may not agree with religion or the people who follow it, but keep in mind that you still have to live with them. Taking this approach, yes I’ll admit creative, but really destructive. I don’t see the point in this misguided "religion" but realize that just because you believe you are right, does not make it any less offensive.

The Kansas School Committee is looking pretty good right now.
-Annie

307 Responses to “What Happened to the Concept of Respecting Others”

1. morgan says:

What about us real believers, who beleive in the pasta monster.
    why are you insulting us, we believe that pasta is right just as christians beleive god is right.
    we think that all other religions are stupid.
    and we are not atheists we are pastafarians

2. the worlds largest gurf says:

No one is making fun of religion what we are making fun of is religion being given the same amount of credibility as science.

3. stevo65 says:

First time on this site and enjoying it thoroughly.The thing that struck me most on the Hate Mail page was that the more fundimental the christian the more abusive the post.As for the grammar,well lets not go there shall we?

• B. says:

Lets go there

• Pastafarian Pirate Dan says:

should be “Let’s go there.”

RAmen

• B. says:

I’m excused

• Keith says:

Welcome to the site. I hope you have many hours of pleasure mulling over the social inadequacies of the rude and incoherent.

• gordon_uk says:

And that just us lot, lol!

• Pope Permesan III says:

Might want to try spell checker before you ridicule someone’s grammar….. Just sayin’.

R’amen

4. Despair says:

Mate… Pounding other people into the dust is what every other religion does, this is by far the most peaceful religion there is atm. Crusades? Religious martyrs? And in the bible, it says you have the RIGHT to kill children that are cheeky to you!! that, my friend, is uter bullshit, how can it be a holy book if you can ignore parts of it, for example the comment above and how the pope recently abolished limbo. This religion makes as much senses as any other. If God, Or Allah are real, Can they create a stone the cant lift?

5. Ostap Bender says:

Since when did Christians ever respect other ways of thinking?

6. mast cells says:

I agree completely, its no wonder people just dont get it. In this day and age its imperative. Lets exchange links http://mastcell.net

7. Robbie says:

Why is everyone so thin-skinned? Is it the worst thing in the world to have your feelings hurt? Ever thought about the millions of people over the last 4K years who have been raped, murdered, burned at the stack for not being alligned with the correct belief. I think words are alot easier to take than say, being a child and being raped by a couple of priests. I’m sure that leaves a lasting impression on you. How about being accused of being a witch and burnt at the stake. I”m sure they all died quickly and without pain. How about preaching against the use of condoms even when it could save millions of lives. How about sitting at your desk on a beautiful autumn morning and looking out and you see a 757 airplane coming right at you. What crosses your mind? Gee, those atheists sure are rude aren’t they.

8. daniel says:

ho…common…when didn’t I give respect? all atheists I know show respect to religion. but it doesn’t mean I can’t fight it and make things more logical then they are in religion. it doesn’t mean that when the teacher says something that seems wrong I won’t argu with her! I can’t watch the idiocity from the side Annie! sometimes I have to take a step and do what I should do.
    besides,don’t talk like that on atheists with the RESPECT CHRISTIANS show us. with the “RESPECT”,hatred and racism jews in my country,ISRAEL, show to me and a lot of atheists here!!
    D@mn it.