Touchdown Jesus, the day before

Published June 20th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

I was at the Touchdown Jesus the DAY BEFORE it was destroyed.  I took some pics.  When I looked at this one, I was amazed by what I saw in the clouds.

-Scott

42 Responses to “Touchdown Jesus, the day before”

1. jerbz says:

OMG I get it now…I had never seen this thing until now…TOUCHDOWN!!!! Nice.

2. tekhedd says:

I always heard it called “big butter Jesus” too. Mmmm, butter!

There’s a lesson to be learned here. Let’s see, possible lessons to learn here: 1) do not build graven idols in direct contravention of your God’s commands, or 2) do not build a tall, highly flammable styrofoam-based structure with a metal core right next to a lake unless you want it to be hit by lightning and burn to a crisp.

Either way, they had it coming. There’s a video of it burning too–I hope the people filming it were upwind–that smoke looks toxic!

3. Keith says:

#6 TL: If it is any comfort to your friend I would say that the statue falls within the “graven images” category and therefore should not be mourned. Mind you, I have always wondered why the Catholics plaster their houses and churches with said images anyway. It seems in direct contradiction to what I understand to be item 1 in the Catholic version of the ten commandments (ie. ANY graven images)

4. Korrectol says:

“Graven” in this instance, relates to the root word “gravy”; any tomato based pasta sauce containing meat…

5. Edwords says:

Somebody’s been doing photo tricks.

Everybody knows clouds look like Jesus.(If you stare at them long enough.)

• Drained and Washed Clean says:

Riiight… And how many drugs have you done today?

• Debz says:

@ drained and washed clean and TL
        someone needs to explain the concept of SARCASM :P point being if you’re looking for signs of divinity you will find them, humans are pattern finding creatures who will happily ignore a few thousand clouds that don’t look like they want them to but find meaning in one that does.
        Ramen.

6. TL says:

Now that I think of it, the fire was there to cook the pasta and meatballs! How could we have missed that!

Keith: I don’t think she’s upset at all. She was excited to have one of the last pictures of the thing.

Edwords: You sound really pathetic. But then that’s what religious people do when they feel the least bit threatened. It’s all about insecurity.

7. TXindie says:

News Headline:
    Big Butter Jesus Melts on Top of Flying Spaghetti Monster

8. AngelHair Pastafarian says:

Even the deity of that other “religion” must lift his hands in supplication to our Great FSM, Praise Be!
    rAmen