Brisbane airport endorsement

Published June 25th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

Recently at the Brisbane International Airport to fly out on holiday to the USA I was idly browsing the Airport touchscreen directory and thought I would share with you a curious observation. I can only conclude that the 4th symbol is the wheel of a pirate ship and that Pastafarianism is officially recognized by the Brisbane Airport Corporation.

-Simon

Cleverly disguised

Clear as day.  Well spotted, Simon.

Only a few minutes later, Zlatko sent me this picture of the FSM at Dubai International Airport:

Very interesting.

23 Responses to “Brisbane airport endorsement”

1. tris says:

I don’t think ships have wheels…… not even pirate ships! Nowadays they tend to have propellors (which I suppose are vaguely wheel-like) or (in the olden days) sails for their propulsion…. unless of course you are thinking of a pirate ship designed to travel on the land!
    If you are reverring to the wheel of THE HELM OF a pirate ship, it’s a different matter!
    Yours pedantically T!
    PS long live the Dharma!

2. Nick (Another one) says:

As the sad fact of modern society is that the wheel is a religious symbol for Buddhism (which I believe is a higher religion than most), I believe that it is our duty as Pastafarians to change this wheel into a symbol of the Church of FSM. Or in other words, we must reinvent the wheel. (;
    Peace, Love, and noodles.
    RAmen

3. Keith says:

I’m surprised people need special places to pray, unless it is to stop them annoying others. Perhaps some people sound like a full percussion orchestra when they pray? To take things to an absurd conclusion I imagine this scenario (not directed at any particular religion):

“Our Holy Panjandrum PARP!, grant us thy mercy in Cuckooland TWEET! We worship thee on bended knees CLATTER! CLUNK! OW, my head! STOP PUSHING BACK THERE! Mind that drum, it’s falling! BOOOM! No, the xylophone comes in after we shout vespers!” etc.

4. Concerned says:

The flying spaghetti monster is funny, but stupid. The monster is funny, but this whole piece of crap is ticking me off being as i am a christian, this is mockery and slander, and this is stupid.

• Jace says:

FSM is no more stupid then the sky daddy or cosmic zombie jew.

• Drained and Washed Clean says:

#1 – I, personally, am concerned about your ability to read and follow directions.

#2 – This is a satire, not a mockery. The only reason you think that is because you see the idiocies in your religion being exposed.

#3 – You have no idea what the actual definition of slander is, do you?

#4 – Just because you do not understand what is going on doesn’t make it stupid. I suggest you refer to #1.

5. Ephez says:

I’m sure the Buddhists don’t mind sharing. They’re not attached to such worldly things, they’re Buddhists.

• Isamu says:

I’m a Buddhist and I indeed don’t mind sharing! :)

6. Party Pills Brisbane says:

Fantastic blog! I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your RSS feed which need to do the trick! Have a nice day!

7. John Talalay says:

I loved this article

8. tiffany outlet says:

I have wanted to write something like this on my blog and you gave me an idea. Thank you.