Brisbane airport endorsement

Published June 25th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

Recently at the Brisbane International Airport to fly out on holiday to the USA I was idly browsing the Airport touchscreen directory and thought I would share with you a curious observation. I can only conclude that the 4th symbol is the wheel of a pirate ship and that Pastafarianism is officially recognized by the Brisbane Airport Corporation.

-Simon

Cleverly disguised

Clear as day.  Well spotted, Simon.

Only a few minutes later, Zlatko sent me this picture of the FSM at Dubai International Airport:

Very interesting.

23 Responses to “Brisbane airport endorsement”

1 2 3
  1. Nick says:

The wheel is actually a buddhist symbol. From ReligionFacts.com: “The Buddha was the one who “turned the wheel of the dharma” and thus the wheel symbol is the Dharmachakra, or “wheel of law.”

Is it possible that buddhists are actually an ancient sect of pastafarians?

2. rhonan says:

Sorry Simon, the wheel icon in the picture is the Wheel of Darma, a sacred symbol to Buddhists and Sihks.

3. Brad says:

Unfortunatly, the wheel which appears on the directory is actually one of the Buddhist symbols…
    So Pastafarianism is unfortunatly not recognized at said airport.
    Long live FSM!

4. libhomo says:

Be afraid, be very afraid.

5. don says:

They want you to pray at the airport? Not much faith in their pilots or airplanes? Very frightening indeed!

6. Jeff says:

But FSM still bring light in the prayer room… RAmen

7. Randy says:

I was unaware the Buddhists used a wheel for their symbol. That is just stupid. All religious symbols are just dumb. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Well, except for the symbol for us Pastafarians…that pirate fish symbol is just hella cool! I’ll pray to the FSM for all religions who use the wrong symbol, but I just know they will go to hell. Yup, I just know it, I feel it. I’m right, and everyone else is wrong.

Sorry for sounding like a dick, but without some judgementalism and some self-righteousness, how are we to be taken seriously as a religion, eh?

Randy, Pastafarian Fundamentalist

• Drew says:

Doesn’t fundamentalism break at least one of the Eight I’d Really Rather You Didn’ts? … I mean, I wouldn’t know myself. I don’t -live- by every literal no-room-for-interpretation word of the Gospel of the FSM. I’ve just read it leisurely once, but it seems pretty anti-fundamentalist.

I’m going to ditto Nick’s comment. It appears that Sidhartha Gautama was actually an avatar who brought revelations of His Noodly Goodness to the lands of India. The Buddha (well-fed one) never claimed to be a god, much less the God, and as many of his followers have said “Embrace nothing. If you find the Buddha, kill the Buddha. If you find your father, kill your father. Live life as it unfolds, bound to nothing.” The Buddha and all of his true followers argued against the veneration of any deities, including (and this part makes them heretics) the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Avatar Gautama only brought the FSM philosophy to India. The mythology was left on the mountain with the trees and the midgit.

• Kreuzberg-Jakob says:

Thanks for all your comments about Buddha and far East teachings.
        Buddha’s philosophy has its roots clearly in the Hindu faith, what seems much more humanist than today in Buddha’s lifetime.
        But this wheel at the pictogram is without doubt the 8-spiked wheel of fortune!
        Aout this wonderful sign was written so much – I don’t want to repeat.

8. Justin says: