phyto plankton evidence

Published May 16th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

planctol

Meringue corresponces found between phyto planktons and the Flying Spaghetti Monster!

That microcosmic creature is sailing in sea using carbon dioxide from fleck atmosphere to grown. It’s very rapidly reacting in its environment. I didn’t find any direct link within pirates, but under the climate change autothrophs could get lower photosynthesis levels to survive.

-Olga, from Finland

14 Responses to “phyto plankton evidence”

1. Pastafarian 31415926535 says:

While I certainly appreciate the noodly likeness here, I must point out that most algae, including phytoplanktonic microalgae tend not to have tentacles. There are some monocellular species with cilia or flagellae, but they wouldn’t have that bell shaped “body” or such complex structures inside as this does. Therefore, I must submit that this is actually a small jellyfish not a specimen of phytoplankton. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

RAmen!

2. Mr Cooper (all hail FSM) says:

it can’t be a jellyfish, you can see its brain and jellyfish dont have brains, but your right its not plankton

3. Pastafarian 31415926535 says:

Actually, though it does superficially resemble a brain, I think the orange thing is actually the mouth/anus or the digestive organ, likely with some variety of foodstuff in it. Also, the outer bell with the less visible inner bell (looking like brightly lit lines around the orange in this photo) are characteristic of a jellyfish as that area is where the mesoglea is held. I might be willing to say that it is a type of comb jelly (completely unrelated to jellyfish) but I think that is unlikely. Also, just to set the record straight, I primarily argued that it is not a phytoplankton or plant-plankton, but the definition of “plankton” is so poorly established that it could be limited to only microscopic organisms (both plants and animals) or expanded to include things as large as the Mola mola or ocean sunfish. Furthermore, most jellyfish are generally considered to be plankton so there is no reason this can not be plankton… most probably zooplankton. See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Jelly_4.JPG

4. Gregorovius says:

Tentacles are the basic structure of Creation, as the mighty spaghetti of The Lord are. This little jellyfish calls to His Glory from the deepness. Brain is no needed to believe.

5. Pamorama says:

This is a hydrozoan medusa of the genus Polyorchis… therefore NOT “phyto”plankton.

• Stonefield says:

Yep, and what looks like a “brain” most likely ist it’s sexual organ(s). Yes, I’m serious! “Orchis” is greek and means “nuts”, and the prefix “poly-” means “alot of”. Now, go on, make jokes about this …

6. Biology Boy says:

…and it’s upside-down, if that helps you with the visual. Polyorchis seems about right to me.

7. Timothy Drescher says:

Hello there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before but after browsing through some of the post I realized it’s new to me. Nonetheless, I’m definitely glad I found it and I’ll be bookmarking and checking back frequently!

8. Backlinks says:

Interesting thoughts here. I appreciate you taking the time to share them with us all. It’s people like you that make my day :)