This site is frustrating

Published April 29th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

This site is frustrating because these “pastafarians” just use this mock religion to bash on everyone else’s beliefs. there are pieces in the Bible that seem absurd… talking animals, reanimated corpses, the ground opening up and swallowing people, etc. but nothing that takes THIS great a leap in logic. God isn’t a “bearded man on a cloud” He’s the creative force in this universe. hell isn’t a place where you can “chill with friends, but boy is it hot in here”… hell is a place reserved for Satan, and the people who he deceives into following him there. don’t take all this as “shoving my religion down your throat” take it as a clarification of some misunderstandings some pastafarians seem to have about Christianity. the obvious point behind this website is to say “hey you believe in God without proof, well we believe in noodles, and since they already exist, that counts as proof”… well basically, it’s not proof people should look for in spirituality… it’s doctrine. pastafarian doctrine is an obvious farce. the Bible has integrity. where all these other “religious books” fall short, the Bible stands firm. you guys couldn’t even come up with an original name… it had to be ripped off from the Rastafarians… give the Bible a try, an honest try.

Peace and Love for my fellow humans,
Joe

225 Responses to “This site is frustrating”

1. Silas says:

I have one question for you, Joe. Do you realize that the only reason you are Christian and not Buddhist (the best religion other than Pastafarianism I think), Islamic, Jewish, etc. is simply because you were born to Christian parents, right? Maybe YOU should give OTHER religions a try (like Pastafarianism).

Also, as was mentioned above, how often do true Pastafarians go onto Christian sites to bash and make fun of them? Little to none, I’d expect. We mock the religious nuts here who send insane messages to our Prophet, often with a horrifyingly disturbing amount of hate and incorrect spelling. I have no issue with the idea of religion, (each to his own and all that), but I take offense when you say we only use this site to bash religions…you have completely missed the point.

Finally, like many on this site, I once could consider myself a Christian. I did give the Bible an honest try, and it didn’t cut it for me. I refuse to acknowledge a religion based on fear. After all,

“Theism of any kind is just a night light for those who are afraid of the dark.”

RAmen

2. Xtylish says:

You know what else is frustrating? Religion in schools. Being told I’m going to burn for eternity and am misguided. Science (the thing that has kept you alive past the age of 20) being horrifically disregarded as useless.

FSM website? Not so much as frustrating as these things.

3. Sarah says:

Doctrine? You mean appeal to authority? And what place does that have in science class exactly? Also, care to show how all other holy books “fall short”? We as Pasafarians want to keep all religion out of public science class (or else allow all religion, including ours, in), yet for some reason the vast majority of our hate-mailers are Christians who think we are picking on their religion and only their religion. Sorry but your religion just isn’t that special; get over yourselves.

RAmen,
    Sarah

4. Anonymous Coward says:

23 Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!”
    24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number.
    25 And he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.

And you thought Pastafarianism was ridiculous.

5. UUniversal Love says:

Hey Joe!*
    Just so we clarify, that’s false indignation about the FSM ripping off Rastafari. I have a deep abiding respect for Rastafari, but I kind of get the feeling you don’t:
    Quote. all these other “religious books” fall short. Unquote.
    So fuck you. I mean that in the most loving and respectful way imaginable, meaning “fuck your pretentious, preconcieved notions about everyone else and get on with actually loving your fellow humans”.

Doctrine, noun: a particular principle, position, or policy taught or advocated, as of a religion or government
    A lot that I’ve read of Jesus is about listening to others and rejecting laws based on cultural biases, which are two concepts with some real “integrity”. I don’t have to be Christian, or of any other faith or non-faith, to do that. How does your version of Christianity bypass western imperialist doctrines with little integrity that have bastardized Jesus’s teachings?

Also, not sure where you’re from, but the US Supreme Court ruled that parody is “fair use”. We don’t rip off. We peel off elegantly, and let ideas stand in their naked, raidant beauty or their scandalous, dull hypocrisy.

Peace and Love, without the condescension.

*Excellent song. RIP Hendrix.

6. Adam B says:

I just came across this website, and for the life of me, I can not believe that so many so-called Christians, so many people who view themselves as morally right, send so many hateful, unintelligent, and downright disgusting letters (not necessarily this one).

I would like to say that suggesting that the Christan bible has “integrity” where other holy books fall short is the empty claim of someone who has never even picked up a Qur’an or Torah (which is essentially the old testament, also valued in your own Christian faith)

This religion was founded on the principle that if you can not disprove a God, then he might exist in any form. There is an equally good chance that the FSM is the true creator as there is the chance that it is the christian/muslim/jewish deity. It’s simple fact. Maybe people like yourself should stop feeling like it’s somehow your obligation to stand up against other mocking your religion just because you personally feel that it is correct, and others are false or ridiculous for reasons you make up such as documentation, or length of its existence, or amount of followers. Remember, at one point the entire population of this world firmly believed it was flat. That didn’t make it true.

7. robotulism says:

I’m frustrated by people who don’t like funny rhyming words. I mean, I know that pieces of some rhymes can be absurd. Like say, venus and shmenis. But I wholly believe in silly rhyming. Probably like you believe in Christianity, or, I’m sorry, fish-cheese-manatee.
    Why don’t you give rhyming a try, an honest try.

8. Insightful Ape says:

Incidentally, the stupid “give the bible a try” line reminded me of a bumper sticker I saw the other day. It said “Try Jesus”.
    To which I would say, I don’t need to; Pontius Pilate did that for me.