This site is frustrating

Published April 29th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

This site is frustrating because these “pastafarians” just use this mock religion to bash on everyone else’s beliefs. there are pieces in the Bible that seem absurd… talking animals, reanimated corpses, the ground opening up and swallowing people, etc. but nothing that takes THIS great a leap in logic. God isn’t a “bearded man on a cloud” He’s the creative force in this universe. hell isn’t a place where you can “chill with friends, but boy is it hot in here”… hell is a place reserved for Satan, and the people who he deceives into following him there. don’t take all this as “shoving my religion down your throat” take it as a clarification of some misunderstandings some pastafarians seem to have about Christianity. the obvious point behind this website is to say “hey you believe in God without proof, well we believe in noodles, and since they already exist, that counts as proof”… well basically, it’s not proof people should look for in spirituality… it’s doctrine. pastafarian doctrine is an obvious farce. the Bible has integrity. where all these other “religious books” fall short, the Bible stands firm. you guys couldn’t even come up with an original name… it had to be ripped off from the Rastafarians… give the Bible a try, an honest try.

Peace and Love for my fellow humans,
Joe

225 Responses to “This site is frustrating”

1. baby bedding clearance says:

If thine enemy offend thee, give his child a drum.

• Keith says:

Well, if that doesn’t beat all!

2. Noodles says:

umm…the bible is the “obvious farce” buddy.

3. The Dude's Dude says:

“you guys couldn’t even come up with an original name… it had to be ripped off from the Rastafarians…” – Joe
    As an ordained Minister of the Church of the Latter Day Dude, I feel it is my duty to support the Pastafarians in calling their religion whatever they want to. Christians shouldn’t feel superior or original, they ripped off a lot of stuff. They replaced all the cool Pagan Sacred days with their own crappy holidays. I.E. – Christmas was the Winter Solstice (though I do like the presents and the brandy eggnog), Easter was the Spring Equinox(and I do like chocolate bunnies and eggs(which are Pagan symbols, btw(oh yeah, and yule logs and christmas trees are pagan symbols too!)). You even ripped off the old testament from the Jewish Torah. At least the God of the Jews would f you up if you messed with him. The Christian god went all soft and lovey-dovey. But it’s all good, We should all just relax. We can argue about this once we are all dead. You don’t want to waste time that could have better been spent drinkin’, smokin’, or bowlin’(I refrain from the smokin” part(it slows me down(and is illegal(I use a lot of parenthesis))). Anyways, just relax and have a nap or something. You will feel better once you wake.

4. Alphy says:

“…the Bible has integrity.”

Yeah, like a book of fairy tales for deluded adult children.

My ass has interity!

5. HoaiPhai says:

WTF? I’ve been to Jamaica and the only noodle I saw there was in soup and could not possibly be confused with spaghetti, so we stole nothing from the Rastas!

6. Colin Wenger says:

Neo-pagan/Spiritualist/Pastafarian here. Sure I know that sounds like an oxymoron so some people… But when someone says “it’s not proof people should look for in spirituality… it’s doctrine.” I get a little testy.

Doctrine is the last thing that will ever bring rise to actual spirituality. Doctrine is the record and repetition of traditional methods simply because they are tradition. Spirituality is a sense of connectedness and understanding that rises out of unique personal experience.

What most people don’t get is that religion and spirituality are actually 2 separate things. It’s good when they occur together, that’s how we end up with open-minded religious folk. But they are not intrinsically joined at the hip, many physicists have said they have very spiritual experiences when contemplating the functions of our universe. There in lies the answer to this puzzle, contemplation.

Contemplation is questioning. Questioning what you have been told, the world around you and ultimately yourself. This is the source of real spirituality. FSM may not be a ‘real’ religion so to speak (at least within the confines of what many people would consider religion), however it does challenge to question and think for themselves. In that sense I certainly support it.

As far as the bible having integrity… Integrity requires truth, and truth can only be shown to exist if there is clarity and a lack of confusion. Here is a fun example of why that is not the case. http://youtu.be/RB3g6mXLEKk

Now don’t get me wrong, I do know Christians that actually have managed to look past all these confusions and comprehend much of the original intent. They are very good people and they did it through questioning and contemplation, which lead them to the realization that many of these confusions are due to the fact that sections of the bible where drawn from many sources throughout may points in time. Resulting in the fact that it expresses many prejudiced views, that much of the human species has (for the most part) grown past.

It is my sincere wish that the rest of the religious community, regardless of their particular path, can manage to do the same.

7. http://alturl.com says:

At this moment I am going to do my breakfast, once having my breakfast coming over again to read more news.

Here is my page; meningoencephalitis (http://alturl.com)

8. Anikka Albrite says:

An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a colleague who had been doing a little research on this.
    And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him…

lol. So let me reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanx
    for spending time to talk about this subject
    here on your web page.