This site is frustrating

Published April 29th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

This site is frustrating because these “pastafarians” just use this mock religion to bash on everyone else’s beliefs. there are pieces in the Bible that seem absurd… talking animals, reanimated corpses, the ground opening up and swallowing people, etc. but nothing that takes THIS great a leap in logic. God isn’t a “bearded man on a cloud” He’s the creative force in this universe. hell isn’t a place where you can “chill with friends, but boy is it hot in here”… hell is a place reserved for Satan, and the people who he deceives into following him there. don’t take all this as “shoving my religion down your throat” take it as a clarification of some misunderstandings some pastafarians seem to have about Christianity. the obvious point behind this website is to say “hey you believe in God without proof, well we believe in noodles, and since they already exist, that counts as proof”… well basically, it’s not proof people should look for in spirituality… it’s doctrine. pastafarian doctrine is an obvious farce. the Bible has integrity. where all these other “religious books” fall short, the Bible stands firm. you guys couldn’t even come up with an original name… it had to be ripped off from the Rastafarians… give the Bible a try, an honest try.

Peace and Love for my fellow humans,
Joe

222 Responses to “This site is frustrating”

1 10 11 12 13 14 18
  1. Conp says:

If you were to read the other hate mail from christian idiocy on this website you would see that many people have conflicting beliefs on why we are wrong and you are right. But all Pastafarians agree that your are idiots, so that makes us the organized religion, right?

2. mikey says:

Did Joe say that the bible has integrity???

No no, a bible proposes a hypothesis to a question, but is not even a hypothesis because it cannot be tested so I’m not sure what to call it. A theory on the other hand, well that is another thing.. theory, is not in the bible, nor is it in religion because a theory can be observed, tested, retested, revised (bible can too so I hear), and in every way beat about by other well educated persons to prove it wrong, yet it stands. No, the bible has no integrity at all really.

I go to school in Orem, Utah. Orem, dear friends, is next to Provo, which happens to be the city that houses Brigham Young University. Brigham Young is a mormon prophet polygamist from back in the day who couldn’t remember the names of his children because he had too many, and perhaps my own thought is that the tithing (10% of your income before taxes!!!) of the fellow mormons paid for his excessive child birthing and wivery, but that is just a guess. On campus at Brigham’s university you cannot have a beard without a license, nor can members of the opposite sex be in your apartment after 10:00 p.m. and you can get kicked out for having sex, drinking a beer, touching your noodly appendage or pasta bowl, and a litany of other fine things. Anyway, my college is also filled with lots of mormons (say around 85%), most who didn’t get into BYU, and if you don’t know who they are consider changing your life with a quick google search. It will blow your mind.. Anyway, my point is that I can go to school with them no problem even though I’m not a follower and in fact disagree with them every time I hear them talk about anything relating to religion, philosophy, science, history, or politics… but here’s the deal and my response to Joe.. believe all you want, just keep your damn religion out of my education! And keep it out of schoolbooks for youngsters and out of the classroom! Its hard to find good teachers, but the curriculum should be relatively easy.. there’s a whole lot of awesome stuff out there and people dig hearing about it and its not in the Bible!!

3. Tiffeny says:

I would prefer to be an atheist than any of the religions that people like you would join in, Joe. I have been attacked and criticized all my life by people like you just because I don’t have an “organized religion” to go to on whatever holy day they pick. Sorry if I don’t think some guy I don’t know can teach me anything about a God he doesn’t know. I may not be atheist like some of my brothers and sisters but I would rather side with them than you. I have read your bible and studied the teachings of your Christ and nowhere did he say “Condemn people for having an open mind or kill people for not believing in me.” Actually he stated that public displays of righteousness should never be done. Mathew 6:1 – 8 will tell you a lot about why I get so upset when Christians try to preach to me. I have never seen one do it without acting self-righteous and patting themselves on the back of their friends when they did it. Most just verbally (and occasionally physically) attack me. So I say damn to all that would try to convert me for I will in return try to convert them to follow the teachings of my God the FSM. I now have found the perfect church for my beliefs. The great Captains do not question my faith or legitimacy on this planet because of a book. They just try teach those that ask to learn or those that attack us to live as they think they should without trying to force their beliefs down the throat of others. We do not go to your churches and condemn you or try to convert you so please get the fuck away from ours.
    To my brethren:
    Sorry if I seem not so Jolly as a good Pirate should be and I normally am. I ran out of rum. If you can please send your fastest pirate ship with a good amount for me to stock up on I would greatly reward you with many wenches and treasures taken from the Queens ship that I just commande….ehem…..I mean that unmanned fishing boat that I found abandoned.
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Tiffeny

4. scott johnson says:

“the Bible has integrity. where all these other “religious books” fall short, the Bible stands firm.” ummmm, have you actually read AND understood the bible??? What a poorly written, contradicting, boring, and totaly unbelieveable piece of fiction lacking any consistnecy or outside independant sources confirming its outlandish references. It’s monumental failiurer is exemplified by the sheeple that heed the word of some 2,000 yr old sheep hearders without question or regard for science and knowlege. And when asked if stoning someone to death is a suitable punishment for lying to ones parrents (as prescribes in the holly book) the only answer is “of course not, you can’t take THAT passage litterally”….what a load of bull….if you really beleive in that crap, then i have these really cool pair of sandals that jeasus himself wore the day he was crusified!

5. Evan says:

I feel a bit insulted. You think our Holiness is just a bowl of noodles? “believe in noodles”. I can tell you that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is not a bowl of noodles. I might as well say the Christian God is just an old man. I would hope that before you start condemning my religion you would research it and understand it. After all, where would we be if we didn’t completely understand the beliefs and ideas we follow. We might as well be sacking cities and starting wars… oh wait…

6. Blackbeard says:

The fact that you believe that your god is not a ‘”bearded man on a cloud”‘ but is rather ‘a creative force in the universe’ is purely your interpretation of your religion. Our religion on the other hand has a more literal representative ‘force,’ and it is our choice to believe in him, no matter how ridiculous it may seem. In fact, it’s not that different from any other *ahem* religions.

7. Jim says:

Re: Hell is reserved for Satan.

There isn’t even a scriptural basis for that statement. In fact if you read the Bible, Hell is the last place you would expect to find Lucifer. The concept of Hell is NT. It doesn’t exist in Judaism, and it probably came into Christianity via the Big Fat Greek religion (Hades to be specific)

So if you’re going to be all self righteous about Christianity, learn something about it from the Bible itself – not from South Park or (I doubt if you’ve read it though) Dante’s Inferno, which has the first references to Satan in Hell.

8. mari nari saus says:

He boiled for your sins. More beer and strippers please.

1 10 11 12 13 14 18