The Gospel on Kindle

Published April 7th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

The Gospel is now available in Kindle edition. You can also send a sample of the book to your kindle for free.

I have a kindle and it’s awesome. Go buy one if you’ve been considering it for a while.

19 Responses to “The Gospel on Kindle”

1. darkstar says:

dmab: Einstein put the final nail in the coffin of atheism and scientific proof of god? Which universe are you existing in?

“The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It should transcend personal God and avoid dogma and theology. Covering both the natural and the spiritual, it should be based on a religious sense arising from the experience of all things natural and spiritual as a meaningful unity. Buddhism answers this description. If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism.” (Albert Einstein)

“It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.” (Albert Einstein, 1954)

“Scientific research is based on the idea that everything that takes place is determined by laws of Nature, and therefore this holds for the action of people. For this reason, a research scientist will hardly be inclined to believe that events could be influenced by a prayer, i.e. by a wish addressed to a Supernatural Being.” (Albert Einstein, 1936)

“I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the kind that we experience in ourselves. Neither can I nor would I want to conceive of an individual that survives his physical death; let feeble souls, from fear or absurd egoism, cherish such thoughts. I am satisfied with the mystery of the eternity of life and with the awareness and a glimpse of the marvelous structure of the existing world, together with the devoted striving to comprehend a portion, be it ever so tiny, of the Reason that manifests itself in nature.” (Albert Einstein, The World as I See It)

2. UUniversal Love says:

#2 dbag,
    WHAT UNIVERSE ARE YOU IN?
    Well… really, I should first point out that not everyone who visits this site is an atheist. A big shout out to the humanists (secular, religious, environmental, and otherwise) in the audience, who care first and foremost about humanity. Einstein was pretty antagonistic when he said he didn’t believe in a personal god.

EINSTEIN WAS AN ATH*IST?!! – PROOF OF YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT
    Well, he wasn’t really, but taking one quote out of context might make me sound smart.
    **********************************************
    even though Einstein never said that…
    **********************************************
    I believe in light elements…
    PASTA OR STARVATION, CHRISTTHEIST?
    ********************************************************************************************MEATBALLS***************************************************************

-With love and compassion for your hopes and dreams-

3. Boris says:

FINALLY!!!!!!!
    I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAY TO COME!!!!!!

4. Maya says:

@dmab:

Light or Death? I prefer Cake or Death. But that’s just me.

5. Lisa says:

Just finished ordering mine! THANK YOU! I’ve been waiting for this and have clicked “I would like to read this on the kindle.” again and again.

6. d says:

@maya: The cake is a lie! Just as dmabs version of light.

7. Kap'n K says:

This is excellent news indeed.

Whilst visiting my local Borders today, I found a physical copy of the Gospel in humor section, I was delighted to see it, but then immediately offended, and quickly moved it to the religion section, maybe others will be touched… I’ve done my good deed for the day.

8. theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

dmab: So atheists are trying to eliminate “all the dreams and hopes of humanity”? You mean lilke the hopes and dreams of the Talilban to have everyone live under their brutal regime, eliminating all music, statues, progress – like that?

As one of -probably – the atheistic MINORITY on this site, I have plenty of hopes and dreams. But they are of my own creation. I’m not waiting for them to be bestowed on me after death.