I don’t know if you realize just how offensive this is

Published April 19th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

I don’t know if you realize just how offensive this letter is. Obviously, it’s satirical and some may think “clever,” but mockery is never wise.

I’ve never been able to understand why it is that those who call themselves “atheist,” “agnostic,” or whatever other label they wish can’t see that, in all reality, intelligent design (or rather a relationship with Christ) is the more intelligent route. If we (Christians) are wrong, then who cares? Nothing will happen to us because there is no after life, no higher power, no second death, but at least we lived a life worthy of something. We had something to look forward to, and hey, if it isn’t true then we’ll never know cause we’ll be DEAD. On the other hand, if Christians are right, those self-proclaimed atheists (etc) are pretty much screwed. What did you live for? Advancement of human life? By what? Living for yourself; living according to your own standards. In my opinion, your religion (yes, atheism is a religion) is selfish and irresponsible. The only reason you don’t want to admit that there may just be a higher power is because you don’t want to answer to it. You don’t want to have to change your lifestyle; to live according to HIS standards.

I’m so sorry that you feel this way. I pray for people like you each and every night. I pray that God will hit you over the head with some sense and knock you to your knees.

And FYI: Intelligent design has just as much (if not more) merit as the evolutionary theory. Evolution is a theory: it hasn’t been proven. There may seem to be evidence, but you may be forgetting one minor detail: care to explain how the first cell appeared? Where it all began? Good luck because, unfortunately for you, even if there isn’t “overwhelming evidence” that there is a God, we Christians will have lived a fuller life knowing and believing that we have been saved by the power of Christ’s sacrifice on the cross. We are loved far greater than we can comprehend. And guess what, so are you. God loves you, even if you don’t know that yet.

-Carly

570 Responses to “I don’t know if you realize just how offensive this is”

1 3 4 5 6 7 52
  1. Disciple of Pasta says:

So it’s more intelligent to throw your belief at something with no more proof then a book that was “written by him” and other followers then into a logical theory based on scientific evidence? Becasue yes, there is NO proof god exists. Yet much that evolution does. Therefor evolution is an infinite times more plausible then God.

2. Hannah says:

I can’t believe u called us selfish !! Christians onmy do good things so they wont go to hell not because they wanted to ! We do things for a better life and we don’t expect to get something back. And how can God create the human rase ?? With a magic wand ? They’re now making this smaller version of the big bang to see how that first cell could be made ( I guess it’s called a nucleair reactor, have no idea).
    And also, it has been proved that the human rase didn’t live when there were still dinosaurs but some Christians made this museum where they got paintings with people and dinosaurs on !! They send schools to that museum, it should be illegal !!
    Xox hannah
    ps ; again sorry for my bad English
    pps ; can anyone confirm that it’s true that Belgium is the only ( European ) country where you can choose between Ethics and having religions ?? Someone told me that 

3. Wendy says:

“I don’t know if you realize just how offensive this is”

Why, yes. Yes we do.

4. Nicole says:

Seriously Carly, Pascal’s Wager? Do you think we have never heard this before? The problem is that you are creating a false dichotomy; christianity or atheism. Of course there are many many choices. Are you sure you made the right one. If Islam is the one true religion then the self proclaimed christians are pretty much screwed and you and I will be in Allah’s hell together.

And speaking of hell, do you know how offensive it is to tell me that your god created me with the full knowledge that I am going to hell and am going to suffer eternal torment?

Actually I live for pretty much the same things you do, with the exception that I don’t believe that I have to be good to please some petty deity. I try to be kind, honest and to do my best to be a decent human being … simply because it is the right thing to do.

I would love to see some evidence for intelligent design that hasn’t already been ripped to shreds. Care to present some?

When you pray for me, tell god to make me young, thin, beautiful and rich. If that happens I will know that god has answered you prayers and I will become a believer. In fact if you pary for this to happen to all Pastafarians, I can only imagine we will all become believers … and won’t that be a glorious day for your god.

5. Joe Marinara says:

“Nothing will happen to us because there is no after life, no higher power, no second death, but at least we lived a life worthy of something.”

That’s about as presumptuous as it gets. You assume, Carly, that atheists, agnostics, Pastafarians, etc. are incapable to living virtuous, fulfilling lives without the belief system you were born into. You would be wrong about that, and I only need to look at the right-hand column of this website for proof.

You’re living a fuller life? By whose standards?

6. Johnboy says:

Well, Uthor, she may have converted to Christianity, you do not know for sure. And she isn’t mocking atheists and agnostics, so much as questioning us just as you would do her. However, I do find her argument to be pretty weak.
    An omniscient God would know that we don’t believe in him anyways, so any atheist applying himself to Pascal’s wager is stupid. That would be the same as if i blatanly told you how much I hated you, and repeatedly talked bad about you to your face, and yet you were my best friend. Highly improbable? Also, I find it slightly degrading to be thrown into a category of “atheists”. Stalin was an atheist, but I’m not a marxist. Bill Gates is believed to be agnostic, and I certainly do not have his IQ. It would be like if I said that all African Americans love watermelon, and all Hispanics work construction jobs.
    If all evidence pointed to ID, I WOULD once more, yes I was once a Christian, worship the supreme sky fairy. But as of today, science has surmounted religion in the aspect of evidence, and religion can only have one argument, “I had a personal experience. How do YOU know that I didn’t see God? I have a personal relationship with him. Disprove ME!” Shouldn’t the Christian be trying to prove their own God, rather than get others to disprove him?
    And life does have meaning Carly. Personally, I would like to be a theoretical physicist when I’m finished with college that way I can have a positive, however small, impact on the future of humanity.

7. Johnboy says:

Also, you are correct in saying we are all loved greater than we will ever know Carly. Personally, I know that my noodly master loves me more than anyone ever will. :) And…our heaven has beer.

8. Christian Baptiste says:

Im sorry to hear that your rather dull equivalent of a sun god and his slavish devotees are offended. Perhaps a stoning is in order? or a sacrafice of the human kind? a rape perhaps? only to women ofcourse as they are worth less than men. If your a woman and believe in the christian god you must have little self respect, the god of the bible thinks you are dirt. grow up become a full thinking human being. Atheists live for life. they care for human being from a sense of oneness and brotherhood not from an idea plucked off the shelf of primeval ideas in the backward idea store of semi-educated dumb ideaville. toddle pip have fun with your god hes a vulgar brute.

1 3 4 5 6 7 52