I don’t know if you realize just how offensive this is

Published April 19th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

I don’t know if you realize just how offensive this letter is. Obviously, it’s satirical and some may think “clever,” but mockery is never wise.

I’ve never been able to understand why it is that those who call themselves “atheist,” “agnostic,” or whatever other label they wish can’t see that, in all reality, intelligent design (or rather a relationship with Christ) is the more intelligent route. If we (Christians) are wrong, then who cares? Nothing will happen to us because there is no after life, no higher power, no second death, but at least we lived a life worthy of something. We had something to look forward to, and hey, if it isn’t true then we’ll never know cause we’ll be DEAD. On the other hand, if Christians are right, those self-proclaimed atheists (etc) are pretty much screwed. What did you live for? Advancement of human life? By what? Living for yourself; living according to your own standards. In my opinion, your religion (yes, atheism is a religion) is selfish and irresponsible. The only reason you don’t want to admit that there may just be a higher power is because you don’t want to answer to it. You don’t want to have to change your lifestyle; to live according to HIS standards.

I’m so sorry that you feel this way. I pray for people like you each and every night. I pray that God will hit you over the head with some sense and knock you to your knees.

And FYI: Intelligent design has just as much (if not more) merit as the evolutionary theory. Evolution is a theory: it hasn’t been proven. There may seem to be evidence, but you may be forgetting one minor detail: care to explain how the first cell appeared? Where it all began? Good luck because, unfortunately for you, even if there isn’t “overwhelming evidence” that there is a God, we Christians will have lived a fuller life knowing and believing that we have been saved by the power of Christ’s sacrifice on the cross. We are loved far greater than we can comprehend. And guess what, so are you. God loves you, even if you don’t know that yet.

-Carly

570 Responses to “I don’t know if you realize just how offensive this is”

1 42 43 44 45 46 52
  1. Sixta Vantol says:

Hello, this is unquestionably a certainlyoutstanding submit. In principle I’d liketo produce like this too – taking time and real energy to create a great write-up.!!!. but what can I say.!!!. I procrastinate alot and never seem to have something done. Thank You

2. adenocarcinoma liver treatment says:

I really enjoyed your article write a lot more..I will add you to their favorite

3. GeBoRo says:

“By what? Living for yourself; living according to your own standards.”

um… “living according to your own standards”, “living according to your own standards”,…

I still fail to see what’s wrong with this. Isn’t america the land of freedom?

…Oh wait, you literally mean “your” standards…

4. theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

The old argument “life isn’t worth anything if you don’t believe in a deity; in particular MY deity”.

“The believer is happy. The doubter is wise” – Hungarian proverb

“Men become civilized, not in proportion to their willingness to believe, bu in proportion to their readiness to doubt”.
    H. L. Mencken

5. Maryetta Staudenmeier says:

Great finding this blog page. In case you are searching for a home in Naples Florida, I will be pleased to assist you find it. Have a wonderful Day. Wishing you a Happy and successful New Year!

6. Devin says:

*sigh*
    As a FSM follower, I have quite a few problems with your post. First off, not believing in a religion is now considered a religion? Secondly, Evolution is not just a theory, but is closer to proven than anything else. one day, the saucy-one will reach down with his noodley appendages and show us the truth. But until then, we will learn of all three theories. And Atheists have something to live for as well! They live to survive, not to be scared of doing something wrong and being tortured eternally(Stale beer and STDs is better than torture!)

7. Runiat says:

The reason why religion is a bad choice even if God exists:

God is perfect.
    Humour is a form of perfection.
    Letting only atheist into Heaven would be one hell of a practical joke.

Therefore, if a perfect God exists, only atheists are allowed into heaven. And Pastafarians, as obviously we’re not serious about it, ye know, just kiddin’.

On the other hand, if He doesn’t exist, who cares? We’ll be dead.

• Danimal says:

Best version of Pascal’s wager I’ve seen in a long time.

• Tyger says:

Carly: If your god wanted all of us (the human race) to be as boring and unimaginative as you, he would not have let puns, jokes, portmanteaus, of laughter in general, exist.

8. name.....um....okay....flying spaghetti monster says:

hehe go fsm!!!!!!!! it is friken amazing!!!!!

1 42 43 44 45 46 52