I don’t know if you realize just how offensive this is

Published April 19th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

I don’t know if you realize just how offensive this letter is. Obviously, it’s satirical and some may think “clever,” but mockery is never wise.

I’ve never been able to understand why it is that those who call themselves “atheist,” “agnostic,” or whatever other label they wish can’t see that, in all reality, intelligent design (or rather a relationship with Christ) is the more intelligent route. If we (Christians) are wrong, then who cares? Nothing will happen to us because there is no after life, no higher power, no second death, but at least we lived a life worthy of something. We had something to look forward to, and hey, if it isn’t true then we’ll never know cause we’ll be DEAD. On the other hand, if Christians are right, those self-proclaimed atheists (etc) are pretty much screwed. What did you live for? Advancement of human life? By what? Living for yourself; living according to your own standards. In my opinion, your religion (yes, atheism is a religion) is selfish and irresponsible. The only reason you don’t want to admit that there may just be a higher power is because you don’t want to answer to it. You don’t want to have to change your lifestyle; to live according to HIS standards.

I’m so sorry that you feel this way. I pray for people like you each and every night. I pray that God will hit you over the head with some sense and knock you to your knees.

And FYI: Intelligent design has just as much (if not more) merit as the evolutionary theory. Evolution is a theory: it hasn’t been proven. There may seem to be evidence, but you may be forgetting one minor detail: care to explain how the first cell appeared? Where it all began? Good luck because, unfortunately for you, even if there isn’t “overwhelming evidence” that there is a God, we Christians will have lived a fuller life knowing and believing that we have been saved by the power of Christ’s sacrifice on the cross. We are loved far greater than we can comprehend. And guess what, so are you. God loves you, even if you don’t know that yet.

-Carly

564 Responses to “I don’t know if you realize just how offensive this is”

1 40 41 42 43 44 52
  1. beccadee says:

Yeah, when your religion stops believing how gays are going to hell, I’ll listen to you about how offensive this site is. :)

2. Peter says:

As an agnostic, I acknowledge the possibility of a god. But ya know what, even he did exist, I would still not “change your lifestyle; to live according to HIS standards.” I would rebel against the fascist dictator and do everything in my power to overthrow his tyrannous rein.

• Ari says:

Lord Asriel is recruiting… :P

3. morgan says:

A person who seriosuly doubts evolution isnt worthy of anyones time. Doubting evolution is like doubting gravity.
    Evolution is a fact, no matter how much you deny it, you are a monkey and you will always be a monkey and your god premits brutal torture of other animals jsut because you think you are superior.

our god just provides us with pasta and strength, our god created evolution out of share pasta and noodles.
    everything is built out of pasta wich is a fact you cant disprove.
    everything is built out of strings and pasta is a kind of strings. its a string god.
    wich is more logical than nay other god.

4. yourgod says:

this is what makes the world hate you so much, american-so called catholic- that you dont even know the meaning of your stupid religion.
    pure brainwash.
    GOD is dead. long live the pastafarians

5. ROFLCOPER says:

Sum up her argument:
    Ignorance is bliss.

Cheers with the strippers and beer!

6. Iron Bess says:

Live for today for you are a long time dead.

7. Rachel says:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL This is like the funniest hatemail i have ever seen XDDD oh like i care about going to heaven. I don’t plan on going to heaven actually, or hell. If I have a choice i would rather go to hell then. The plane tickets there are really expensive, it costs you -150 sins and 2000+ good deeds. and going to hell only costs you 150 sins. I currently have 305 sins right now, im gonna rackup more and get a free ticket for my friend. Look forward to meeting YOUR devil, hes probably a much cooler guy then you are anyways, bye for now!

• Jakob says:

besides non of all the good heavy-metal bands are going to heaven.

8. Cardinal Fang says:

“I’ve never been able to understand why it is that those who call themselves “atheist,” “agnostic,” or whatever other label they wish can’t see that, in all reality, intelligent design (or rather a relationship with Christ) is the more intelligent route.”

How is it more intelligent, just out of interest? I am agnostic by choice. It is a position I have come to after reading the Bible, Koran, Torah AND books by people like Dawkins. It is a position I have come to after talking to friends of many different religions including Christian (Protestant and Catholic), Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Sikh and Bah’ai, as well as firends who are militantly athiest. It is a position I have come to after considering all my beliefs as well as my strong espousal of scientific method as a way of finding the truth about nature. After all of this, after all that soul searching and thought, I have come to the conclusion that IF there is some form of higher power (and you may call him/ her/ it God, I could equally call him/ her/ it the FSM), then that power is so beyond anything we can comprehend that we cannot possible say for certain anything about its existance or not. To me it is the only logical position consistent with scientific method – we don’t know, we cannot know.

I would have thought that picking a position after much questioning and thought was MORE intelligent than blind faith without any questioning whatsoever? As you espouse “Intelligent” Design despite the overwhelming evidence FOR evolution, and despite the fact that the main tenets of ID (such as irreducable complexity) have thoroughly and catergorically been DISPROVEN, it suggests that you have never questioned anything. Has it not occurred to you that any creator who came up with Evolution is infinately more Intelligent than the duffer who would come up with sucha a flawed system like ID? You have a head – please use it!

• Spam Noodles says:

Fang, old chap. If you’ve read your Dawkins you’ll know that agnosticism is exactly NOT logically consistent with the scientific method. According to Dawkins (I agree with him on this) the existence or non-existence of god belongs firmly within the realm of scientific enquiry – in that god either does or doesn’t exist and any agnosticism can only be of the ‘temporary’ kind i.e. a state of not knowing YET.

1 40 41 42 43 44 52