I don’t know if you realize just how offensive this is

Published April 19th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

I don’t know if you realize just how offensive this letter is. Obviously, it’s satirical and some may think “clever,” but mockery is never wise.

I’ve never been able to understand why it is that those who call themselves “atheist,” “agnostic,” or whatever other label they wish can’t see that, in all reality, intelligent design (or rather a relationship with Christ) is the more intelligent route. If we (Christians) are wrong, then who cares? Nothing will happen to us because there is no after life, no higher power, no second death, but at least we lived a life worthy of something. We had something to look forward to, and hey, if it isn’t true then we’ll never know cause we’ll be DEAD. On the other hand, if Christians are right, those self-proclaimed atheists (etc) are pretty much screwed. What did you live for? Advancement of human life? By what? Living for yourself; living according to your own standards. In my opinion, your religion (yes, atheism is a religion) is selfish and irresponsible. The only reason you don’t want to admit that there may just be a higher power is because you don’t want to answer to it. You don’t want to have to change your lifestyle; to live according to HIS standards.

I’m so sorry that you feel this way. I pray for people like you each and every night. I pray that God will hit you over the head with some sense and knock you to your knees.

And FYI: Intelligent design has just as much (if not more) merit as the evolutionary theory. Evolution is a theory: it hasn’t been proven. There may seem to be evidence, but you may be forgetting one minor detail: care to explain how the first cell appeared? Where it all began? Good luck because, unfortunately for you, even if there isn’t “overwhelming evidence” that there is a God, we Christians will have lived a fuller life knowing and believing that we have been saved by the power of Christ’s sacrifice on the cross. We are loved far greater than we can comprehend. And guess what, so are you. God loves you, even if you don’t know that yet.

-Carly

567 Responses to “I don’t know if you realize just how offensive this is”

1. Joe says:

Wow, I am convinced. By your simple assertation that you are right, my whole life has been turned upside down. I am gonna hand in my pasta card.

Not really. “Evolution is a theory: it hasn’t been proven.” Weakest argument out there.

“In scientific usage, the term “theory” is reserved for ideas which meet baseline requirements about the kinds of empirical observations made, the methods of classification used, and the consistency of the theory in its application among members of the class to which it pertains.” Wikipedea

Gravity is just a theory, if it has not been proven, go jump off a cliff.

Try this Carly, consider for an instant that you are wrong.
    Makes sense, doesn’t it?

“I pray that God will hit you over the head with some sense and knock you to your knees.”

You have a mean god there carly.

2. Lioss says:

Well,I think you (and many others) don’t pray enought cause I’m still pastafarian.

Have you any scientific proof of creationism or intelligent design?I mean real proof,by a serious scientist not by a fanatic.

You think pastafarian are offensive!Just read a bit of what you can find here : http://www.venganza.org/category/hate-mail/

Pastafarian never post such things on christian,hindouist,muslim…website.
    Then who is offensive?Who is intolerant?
    Christians often criticize,but few of you really know christianism history and exactions.

3. LAB says:

Carly: To answer your question: http://godisimaginary.com/i46.htm

4. Interrobang says:

We’re not atheists, we’re pastafarians.

5. gano says:

…and, by the way, atheism is a religion as much as not collecting stamps is a hobby.

6. Carly says:

Carly,

Why do you think people that don’t believe in a higher power don’t have morals? I think everyone who is a member of this church lives their life according to internal morals. Do you really require a god to tell you that killing people is bad or not to commit adultery? What religion does is take personal responsibility out of the picture.

I live a good life according to my own morals. And you know what? They just happen to be the same as yours. You were just told your while I reached mine from some inner reflection and deep-thinking. The argument that atheists want to be atheists so they don’t they can lead a life of pillaging, rape and plundering is just moronic.

Also have you ever read any about how they think the first cells formed? There is a decent amount of literature on it and I’ll go head and read your book if you read some of mine, though its a little tougher reading = ).

Until then Know you are a Joke to us, your religion is a Joke.

RAmen

7. galderon says:

Carly,

We realize that it may be offensive to some, but where is it written that you can’t offend people? Some things that Muslims do offend Christians, and what Christians do offends Muslims. This site tends to offend both groups. If you can’t grow a thicker skin, I’d recommend you avoid sites that offend you.

I’d recommend reading about Pascal’s Wager, as you’re using it without understanding it. I’d also ask you to consider why you want to publicly declare that you will pray for us. Is because you actually are praying for our well-being?

You should also read about what a scientific theory is. The only scientific field that has proofs is math. In all other fields, the highest level a idea can reach is theory. That means something has been given the most rigorous tests and still survives, and it makes predictions that have been shown to be right again and again.

You should also learn about what a religion is. Pastafarianism is a religion. Atheism is not. Atheists don’t believe in any gods. That’s it. No rituals, no beliefs, no worship, nothing.

Carly, I pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster that you actually go out and learn something from this. You are regurgitating back what you’ve been brainwashed to do about a topic you are hopelessly uneducated about.

- Galderon

8. theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Carly: If you choose to believe in whatever sounds best, don’t answer any emails from Nigerian “princes”. On the contrary, atheists would LIKE to know what you say is true, but – being rooted in logic rather than emotion – we know it’s not.

Atheism is not selfish – religious belief is egotistical. “I’m better, because I’M saved”. “God loves ME”. “God made me in his own image”.

“You don’t want to have to change your lifestyle; to live according to HIS standards.” You’re right – I don’t! I don’t lie, steal, cheat on my wife, etc. Atheists, on average, are more moral than religious, especially the REALLY religious. We don’t expect to be forgiven.

“Intelligent design has just as much (if not more) merit as the evolutionary theory”. WOW – this is just SO wrong. Evolution – discovered by a religious man – has millions of facts to back it up. Everything from fossils to observations to experimentation. Intelligent Design has what? The “God is Magic” card?

“What did you live for?…for yourself?” Today alone, Carly, I am donating 3 hours of my time – for free – to tutor others. Would that time be better spent on my knees praying to an imaginary being to give me eternal happiness? Sounds SELFISH to me.