After reading some of the posts

Published March 20th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

After reading some of the posts on your site, I have come to the conclusion that you aren’t so concerned with the question of why you are here but rather in proving that your existence is without meaning and therefore does not qualify itself to be questioned. Congratulations! You are meaningless. So what do we do now that we’ve settled that little philosophical debate? Are you up for a drink or should we just stand still until the next random event pushes us in some direction?

-Richard

180 Responses to “After reading some of the posts”

1. A1 says:

‘m getting hungry– i wanna eat spaghetti with meatballs. *giggling

where can you base your FSM “theory” (contemplation or speculation?) it’s just created last 2005. do you know all bout Mr. Bobby Henderson (the one who created your “so-called religion?). background check please!! I’m more convince bout the biography of Mr. Charles Darwin and his belief

ooh by the way, He do believe in God.

your religion’s kinda intriguing.

havent you red this letter: (P.S. pinaulit-ulit pa huh!)

“It is for this reason that I’m writing you today, to formally request that this “alternative theory” be taught in your schools, along with the other “two theories.” In fact, I will go so far as to say, if you do not agree to do this, we will be forced to proceed with legal action. I’m sure you see where we are coming from. If the Intelligent Design “theory” is not based on faith, but instead another “scientific theory”, as is claimed, then you must also allow our “theory” to be taught, as it is also based on science, not on faith.”

I’m curious bout the one who propose YOUR religion and bout that letter. was he hungry and suddenly felt that he wanted to worship/ believe in some what called “Flying Spaghetti Monster” that time? — a monster hunting his stomach for some reasons that he made that kind of “theory” (sorry, it’s not a “conclusion”). aren’t YOU curious? every word stated in your gospel were really “RIDICULOUS”.

“Scientific American described the Gospel as “an elaborate spoof on Intelligent Design” and “very funny”. In 2006, it was nominated for the Quill Award in Humor but was not selected as the winner. Brenner Wayne of The Austin Chronicle characterized the book as “a necessary bit of comic relief in the overly serious battle between science and superstition.”

I’m still reading bout this article. *sigh. my comment: “Life’s not a joke or what — i dunno if Mr. Bobby Henderson just continued this sort of fraud just to cover his pride. i want to investigate. i hope i have much time. if i have, i will –”

• Not so hairless Ape says:

“everything’s a JOKE from the start. even the religion didn’t have any guts to comment from the description. SO, they do believe that (oh i mean, YOU do believe) that your church is a PRANK/FUNNY/RIDICULOUS church. in short — NOT SERIOUS. ”

CONGRATULATIONS! You figured it out!

• Mr Cooper (all hail FSM) says:

its not a joke, we have fatc in our side, people were shorter when there were less of them so obviosly someone is pushing then down, then as there was more people the fsm couldnt push down as much so the grew taller, hence a logical and resonable conection, now try telling me jewish zombie could do that

2. A1 says:

(http://www.gelfmagazine.com/archives/touched_by_his_noodly_appendage.php)

* – my comment

Gelf Magazine: What do you prefer to call your religion, Pastafarianism or FSMism?

Bobby Henderson: I use the term “FSMism” by habit, but “Pastafarianism” is growing on me.

GM: When did you start the religion and how did the idea come to you?

BH: The letter came first. I didn’t put it up online until several weeks later, after receiving no replies from the KS Board. Mounting disgust over the whole ID issue and “lack of sleep” (*he better get some rest! and psychological advice) were the prime catalysts. Also, the FSMonster told me to do it.

GM: When did you know you were the chosen Prophet for the great Flying Spaghetti Monster? Does He still speak to you?

BH: I had of course seen spaghetti several times throughout my life (*of course it’s a food DUH?!! is he nuts? we do have spaghetti here, i can even cook it too!!), but it wasn’t until He revealed Himself to me and touched me with His Noodly Appendage that I knew I was Chosen. Does He still speak to me? If by that you mean “Do I hear voices in my head?” the answer is yes. (* i knew he was HUNGRY!!) Further evidence that He is near me abounds. I oftentimes find that I have made mistakes in my day-to-day activities. These, clearly, are the work of a mischievous Flying Spaghetti Monster, tampering with my work with His Noodly Appendage, purely for his own amusement.

*okay — he dont get enough sleep, and for the last statement. FSM tampering with HIS work and day to day activities. hungry and dont get enough sleep? just see: The Effects of Sleep Deprivation on Brain and Behavior. maybe that’s why he’s acting/thinking a bit weird/odd.

3. a1 says:

Here’s Mr. Bobby Henderson

now think again. …

• Drained and Washed Clean says:

Think again about what? You are restating things we already know about. If we tell you that your god is a hate filled, vengeful, murderous beast that isn’t going to change your mind about believing in it! You obviously already know that. You read your bible thoroughly and completely, right?

4. Maggie says:

I vote we all stand still. Samuel Beckett would surely approve.

5. RegsaGC the believing says:

Why does people keep writing these hate mails? they know that they will only get laughed at. I have never seen anyone humiliated more in my whole life than the persons getting their letters up on this page.
    In the other hand… keep them coming! it is very amusing *LOL’s* XD

6. theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Our lives are meaningless unless they’ve been dictated by an unseen agency? It’s the other way around – ” I”M the master of my fate; I”M the captain of my “soul”!

7. Dr Zhen says:

i’m up for that drink!

8. scott johnson says:

Poor Richard…needing some validation to feel good about his existence….a good deed gone un-noticed is still a good deed…it doesn’t need to be validated to have meaning or reason for being done. Although, i feel that you are the kind of person that needs a pat on the head and a whisper that god loves you so you can find meaning and a purpose to keep on living….we wouldn’t want you to eat a lead pill and die of accute lead poising (aka…bullet to the head) because you felt meaningless without your god and religion….i guess some of us don’t feel the need to be validated and told we have a meaning….we are happy that we are here and ablr to experience the ups and downs of life…and that’s more then enough for us to go on happily ever after…but you have fun with your little lead pill…good luck with that….