After reading some of the posts

Published March 20th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

After reading some of the posts on your site, I have come to the conclusion that you aren’t so concerned with the question of why you are here but rather in proving that your existence is without meaning and therefore does not qualify itself to be questioned. Congratulations! You are meaningless. So what do we do now that we’ve settled that little philosophical debate? Are you up for a drink or should we just stand still until the next random event pushes us in some direction?

-Richard

180 Responses to “After reading some of the posts”

1 13 14 15 16 17 19
  1. Christian Baptiste says:

This is very offensive. My god decided to create a grotesque display of torture to save people like you. When kids get bone cancer its gods divine will, genocide is also one of gods favourites but he dosent like websites like this, he will descend from the sky wearing a gold crown on his noble head and step off his throne above the blue sky and smite you down, then go away and leave innocent people to suffer. its only right and proper for an all loving god.

• The Religious are scared to die says:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! this is hilarious!

2. Gareth - age 15 says:

Your saying that evolution is just a theory yes it is but so is the THEORY of intelligent design also the only thing one can go off when desciding the validity of their THEORIES is EVIDENCE one word that you religious folk tend to forget. You could say the bible is evidence however the content of it was decided upon by members of the church so they left out everything they didnt want people to know or warped things they did. The church as well as all religions except atheism and agnosticism, if you call them relligions, they are more movements or concepts, are just organisations set up by extremely intelligent athiests who saw an oppotunity for power and look they were right. Also would you check your facts before broadcasting them on the web something that theists tend to do. Cells develpoed from Archaea (an alien life form that came to earth on a meteor the evidence of this is it can still be found in yellowstone national park within a crator where the meteor landed.) They evolved(evidence for evolution can be witnessed across dog breeds which all have similarities in DNA with the grey wolf, although DNA is similar in dog like species such as the fox or other wolf breeds all dogs whatever they look like share a strong genetical correlation with the Grey wolf proving that all dogs evolved from it. Further testing proves how this is possible by a study conducted into evolution by the russian government. Originally it was top secret but they have now released the evidence. A breed of fox the same in all cases was bred acording to how agressive the fox was within just four generations of the breeding the foxes were not only developing different temprements but also starting to vary in appearence although every one of them was the same colour and had the same shaped body and build.) from Archaea into the three base microorganisms Fungi Bacteria and Eukaryotes (as witnessed in the present day and in fossils.) (Viruses are acounted for as there is fossilized evidence that Archaea had viruses in them when they came to the planet as viruses usually function.) These are all types of cells Eukaryotes form the multi-cellular organisms of today as they are communal microorganisms. Cells can be made by running energy through DNA moecules. DNA has been proven to exist and is a natural polymer this means it can be found naturally. The bases Cytosine(C),Guanine(G), Adenine(A) and Thymine(T) used to form the DNA structure, as well as the base Uracil(U) in RNA are all chemicals which bond naturally to another within the five(C+G, A+T/U). Each of the chemicals also naturaly bonds with the compound which makes up the backbone for the DNA/RNA backbone consisting of Deoxyribose(Carbon, Hydrogen and Oxygen(C5H10O4))/ribose(Carbon Hydrogen and Oxygen(C5H10O5)) and phosphurous. This means that a polymer can form if all those chemicals are prsent as can other chemicals e.g. Carbon and Hydrogen in the right density under the right conditions form oil polymers:ethane, ethene, ethyne, etc. This means that DNA can form naturally. Biologists did some research into this and by recreating the RNA molecule of poleo, mixing it with glucose and water with access to oxygen as well as apropriate heat levels etc. and activating it with electrical energy they were able to create a new poleo virus microorganism that functioned as would any normal poleo virus. This PROVES that if the right chemicals are present in the right conditions with energy life can be created. That is how cells were made. If you would like to continue this arguament ,which when you have so little evidence it is impossible for you to win, and start to talk about atoms well they are made of electrons, protons and neutrons as any idiot yes even a religious one would know. These three particle types are made out of the sub particles Quarks, Leptons and Gauge Bosons. Quarks being responsible mainly for the substinence of the atom itself experiencing all four fundemental interactions (electromagnetism, gravitation, strong interaction and weak interaction). Leptons are mainly responsible for the electric charge. Gauge Bosons are responsible for the exercion and transfere of force. Each of these subparticles are made up of strings of energy at this level the position of everything is uncertain as energy can be in more than one place at the same time. Energy cannot be created or destroyed only transfered is one of the primary priciples of the universe. This is one thing which has loads of evidence that totally contradicts god or any god with no evidence as if he cant make energy or destroy it he is obviously not omnipotent at all as he couldnt have created the universe. If one were to observe the ‘vacume’ of the universe one would see that it is not a vacum at all it is a simple balance of matter and antimatter only if you take it on average would it be a vacum. Energy’s ability to be in several places simultaniously means that it can be in and out of existence simultaniously too or in this universe and in a parellel one whatever you want to think (I percieve the second to be true considering the point i am making). This causes the universe to balance out on average it is an equation if matter is present there must be an equal quantity of antimatter. This prosepect means that if the universe was to reform a singularity again as in the theory of the big bang everything would be equal and therefore there would be nothing because if you transfer something across it cancels out to zero where there is a ‘-1′ there is also a ‘+1′ this is backed up by the on average the universe is a vacum principle. that means that there was nothing to create in the first place, there still isnt, on average everything in the universe on average it equals 0, nill, NOTHING. Therefore I propose Zero Theory, my theory one where there never was anything we were never created we will never be destroyed everything is energy positive or negative and it equals out to zero. Zero Theory takes the creation aspect of the big bang to be false although the big bang did happen but was the collapse of a previous universe, one in an ongoing eternity on universes. The universe attemted to equalise itself as it became over inbalanced but when the previous universe collapsed as the uiverse is iregularly spread in the balance of matter and antimatter although on average it is the same it could not collaspe entirely causing a re-explosion another in the eternity as it collapsed it was still unbalanced because of the randomness of the spread causing it to equilise incorectly. If a single incorect equilisation occurs then the force of the gigantic implosion is enough for the momentum of the universe collapsing to re-cause an inbalance on such a scale as to through out all the equality causing another Big Bang forming another universe in the eternal chain. The only way there would be nothing is if the energy had the infinate probibility of being correctly alligned then if the universe was to collapse the universe would equalise correctly to nothing and there would from that point always be nothing as everything would be equal so there would be no inblances to cause another inbalance and therefore another universe. therefore I conclude that the chain of the universe cycle must be eternal or nothing would exist but as there is an infinate probibility of the matter being correctly alligned there is an infinite probibility that this is the last universe but at some point the universe will balance out. This is my argument for why god or any god doesnt exist and how i think the universe works. I thank you for reading this. I hope you see my reasoning.

• RB says:

Wow, Who put a quarter in Gareth?

• The Religious are scared to die says:

This was about the smartest thing i’ve ever heard in my life! way to go Gareth.

• Tylena says:

Wow! You are really smart and well informed about physics for a 15 year old Gareth! It took me some time to read and understand your post. I would love to have a drink with both you and Richard and just listen to how he goes down…

• Spammyboy says:

I’m afraid 23:17 BST is not the time for such dense prose, but after the first few lines I knew that your post is one of an intelligent, witty and well-informed young man.

3. AntiJack says:

I’ll go for that drink, when we’re there I can tell you how I make meaning for my life to have.

4. bruceo says:

Gareth:
    That’s a fantastically great theory!

5. plumberbob says:

@ 106 – Josh king -,

You, like almost all other hate-mailers to our site, seem to have completely missed the point.

Perhaps if you were smart enough to read and follow the directions that were clearly given to you when you entered our site, you would have had your questions answered. After reading the Open Letter and the “About” tab material, you could have learned:

1) Our mission is the exclusion of religious mythology from the science curricula of public schools.

2) Our theology is a satire that neither depends on, nor is derivative of any other religion.

3) We insist that any school board that includes any religious mythology in their science curricula, must also include ours.

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
    H. L. Mencken
    US editor (1880 – 1956 )

“This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it”. John Adams, Founding U.S. President

If you find our theology to be irritating to your sensibilities, perhaps it is demanding a re-evaluation of your own mythology. I suspect that you’d prefer something that’s like this:

CHRISTIANITY: the belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie will give you eternal life if you drink his blood and eat his flesh and telepathically tell him he’s your master, all because some rib women was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.
    MAKES PERFECT SENSE!

Please rejoin us to discuss the theology of transubstantiation, since that’s so important to you. Do not run away as so many fundi trolls have done. Our invitation is perfectly civil, as will be our discussion.

RAmen

• that guy says:

lay off the bible bashing mate.

• Drained and Washed Clean says:

Unless you can find a flaw in his logic, or an untruth, then it is not bashing. It is stating fact.

• Mr Cooper (all hail FSM) says:

his facts taste nice,nice and crucnhy
          except i see us as a real religion not just satire

• Keith says:

In Australia a bible basher is the same as a god botherer: one who inflicts their peculiar brand of religion on others. In 1975, the Prime Minister Gough Whitlam characterised Jo-Bjelkie Peterson (or however it is spelled) as a “bible bashing bastard” In that context, any request to “lay off the bible bashing” would get my thumbs up.

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

At the very least, you should admit the Creator did one horribly crappy job of relaying his message.

“Hmmm,” says God. “I want everyone to know how to follow my wishes. Should I program that into them? Nahh, then I wouldn’t have any souls to torment for eternity. A message written on the moon understandable to everyone? Too austentatious. I know! I’ll have a mortal relay my message in some me-forsaken backwater at a time when not only is there no media, but most people are illiterate and never travel more than 25 miles from where they’re born! To make it even better, I’ll make sure there’s no evidence he ever existed, and his teachings – originally oral or in some obscure language – will be retranslated and mistranslated over and over, edited and “touched up” for centuries. Think of all the fantastic wars and massacres that will generate. THAT’s how I’ll show how all-knowing and powerful I am!

• Ambrose says:

@theFewtheProudtheMarinara, could i quote you? you put my thoughts into words, but dont want to plagerize.

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Of course you can quote me, Ambrose!

And God? If you exist, I’m available to be your press agent! I’m sure I can come up with a MUCH better public relations program than stoning people at soccer games, defacing works of art, blowing up sky-scrapers and planes, or prancing around in fancy robes and weird hats, protecting child molesters. Give me a call!

6. Drained and Washed Clean says:

106 – Josh king – Apr 14th, 2010

We got us a live one here folks! Reading this one not for the faint of heart. The threat of hell might scare you into running back to the sky zombie.

Ok first of all this makes no sense.
    – Making the most obvious statement ever whilst believing in something that makes just as much sense… CHECK!

second pof all spaghetti is a food not a god
    – Trying to define what god can and cannot be… CHECK!

and I hope jesus christ will have mercy on you
    – Veiled threats and a sense of joy at the thought of our “eternal suffering”… CHECK!

but you are a little fucking retyarded
    – Throwing insults when one cannot even SPELL the word one is trying to call us… CHECK!

and third of all congratulations on making another stupid religion like all the others christianity is teh way to go
    – Implying that every other religion on the face of the planet is false… Except for Christianity of course… CHECK!!

Piss poor punctuation… CHECK!
    Awful spelling… CHECK!
    Failure to use punctuation… CHECK!

And last but not least:
    Claiming to know everything while actually knowing nothing and could not even spell proof much less provide it… CHECK!

Sold. Definitely going to ignore everything I have learned about the universe, all the evidence I have read… It is all made up. You are so smart and because of you, and all of the evidence you gave in such an eloquent manner, I will be an xian again. Go you.

Now will you go away?

7. Pastafarian igo says:

Maggie #84 I accidentaly hit the dislike button but I too have no clue were to get the pirate cloths I meant to hit the like button^-^

8. Reverend Marinara, says:

Your conclusion that, since I havn’t bought into your contradictory, confused, misguided set of superstitions that my life is meaningless implies that true meaninig can only be attained by buying into a set of contradictory, confused, misguided superstitions.

In that notion, I find only despair.

Instead, I search for true meaning – God’s truth. Not a book handed to me by men, that was written by men, and held up by men as God’s word so they can sell you their interpretations of beliefs that were created by other men.

God created the mountains, the trees, the midgets, you, me, and all men. He gave us the power to create, as well. That which is created by men is artificial. That which is created by God is natural. He created us, and we created the religions as an artificial substitute for a true meaning of Him. I prefer to know God, where there is meaning.

Enjoy your book.

Reverend Marinara

• that guy says:

thank you! someone actually understands what an ideal religion should be!

• Danimal says:

Would someone please get that guy a chair to stand on so the satire stops going over his head

• gordon says:

I dont think we would get that passed health and safety.

• Drained and Washed Clean says:

Guess he missed the part that god in that context was the Flying Spaghetti Monster, all hail His Noodlieness. Think he would still approve of the comment?

1 13 14 15 16 17 19