I want u to sit down and think

Published February 28th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

I want u to sit down and think. how in the world is a food supposed to create everyone in the world? its just spaghetti and 2 meatballs. not a god. I can understand that u may like to eat the food. but it didn’t create us. oh and by the way I find ur site and religion incredibly hilarious whether your serious or not. which someything tells me u just mite be that crazy. no offense.

-Mitchell

199 Responses to “I want u to sit down and think”

1 3 4 5 6 7 24
  1. gordon_uk says:

Mitchell, you wouldn’t recognise a satire if it painted itself purple and danced naked on a harpsichord singing ‘satire is here again’

2. JuulManden says:

hey guys, go a little easy. Mitchell is one of the most sane persons making a hate-mail. no shouting about that the god we believe in is wrong, only questioning how this religion could be so strange. People admit it we are strange to some people, but that is only because we are touched by his noodly appendages. So please be nice to Mitchell and bring our message further in a nice nice and friendly way.

RAmen.

3. That guy. says:

Mitchell,
    I would like to refer you to an area of the site that will help you understand what Pastafarianism is all about.
    Please, before you rip on my religion, learn what it is REALLY about.

4. true believer says:

Okay there are numerous examples of the God in the bible speaking to his people from various forms. Our God just choose to speak to us in the form of a bowl of Spheghetti with meatballs. this was the form he choose to speak to us from. He said that pirates and midgits where his choosen people. Brother Henderson is just explaining this to all of us believers, Who are we to decide how and in what form our creator choose to guide us!!!! He could have choosen to speak to us in the form a used condom and I would still believe!!!

5. GeorgeN says:

Howdy Folks,

Am I getting too old and wishy-washy, or is the snideness factor creeping up on us? Mitchell was pretty polite, by internet standards. His spelling was fine, if you permit text-messaging abbreviations. He even spelled spaghetti correctly, which is something that I often fail at. In other threads we often see Pastafarians asserting that “you don’t see Pastafarians bashing other religions”. Would that it were so! The first “Jewish Zombie” joke was fine, but really it doesn’t repeat to our advantage. The use of capitals can be a little bit sanctimonious (apologies to responder #23). I liked the “6 minutes at low simmer” comment. What’s the difference? I think that it lies with the fact that the zombie joke and the caps are trite and unlikely to provoke any kind of meaningful response. On the other hand, a guy like Mitchell might actually smile at the reference to his own beliefs and go read the “About” tab (no guarantees, of course).

Of course, I am getting old and wishy-washy. Worse, I never was much of an analyst of humor. Still, we might think about relegating the terms “stupid” or “ignorant” to those realms where they are markedly useful.

Mitchell, if you do read the About tab, let us know what you think. Don’t be put off by the “Hate Mail” label. Its the only bucket we got.

George-the-cranky-pastafarian

6. Duke says:

18 – Plumberbob

You said: “Why wouldn’t it be a religion? It has a deity, a creation myth, a scripture, an eschatology, an epistemology, a mission, an afterlife; it’s just like every other faith.”

No, I am afraid it is not like every other faith. To be like every other faith our religion lacks the following things:

- Intolerance for anyone who thinks differently (or simply thinks).
    - Systematic genocide of non-believers.
    - Inquisition or the like for those among the believers who choose to think by themselves (in fact free thinking is encouraged in our faith)
    - Endless and relentless preaching at doorsteps.
    - Hellfire threats to scare believers (stale beer and diseased strippers are not quite that scary)
    - A vengeful and malevolent deity that enjoys the suffering of believers, even when not causing it him/her/itself.

That is just a small sample of the many things we don’t have… So, no. We are definitely NOT like every other faith.

Ramen

7. gordon_uk says:

Hi George

Your right in a way we can get a bit aggressive, though we need to keep in mind that these individuals came to us. This particular post though not openly aggressive is fist of all rude as the poster has taken no time to read up on this movement and secondly feels that they can pass judgement on us.

The poster is quite clearly implying that we are somehow unable to think without their help “I want u to sit down and think. how in the world is a food supposed to create everyone in the world?” and then say that he believes we have mental health issues “someything tells me u just mite be that crazy”.

The one thing we don’t do is seek them out and make comments on the possible state of their mental health.

G