I want u to sit down and think

Published February 28th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

I want u to sit down and think. how in the world is a food supposed to create everyone in the world? its just spaghetti and 2 meatballs. not a god. I can understand that u may like to eat the food. but it didn’t create us. oh and by the way I find ur site and religion incredibly hilarious whether your serious or not. which someything tells me u just mite be that crazy. no offense.

-Mitchell

198 Responses to “I want u to sit down and think”

1. don says:

I want you to sit down with a 3rd grade English textbook and learn spelling, punctuation, and grammar. No offence, Mitchell. At least you spelled your name correctly.

2. plumberbob says:

Mitchell,

Perhaps if you were smart enough to read and follow the directions that were clearly given to you when you entered our site, you would have had your questions answered. After reading the Open Letter and the “About” tab material, you could have learned:

1) Our mission is the exclusion of religious mythology from the science curricula of public schools.

2) Our theology is a satire that neither depends on, nor is derivative of any other religion.

3) We insist that any school board that includes any religious mythology in their science curricula, must also include ours.

Why wouldn’t it be a religion? It has a deity, a creation myth, a scripture, an eschatology, an epistemology, a mission, an afterlife; it’s just like every other faith.

You forget religion’s all-purpose logicshield, faith. I’m not sure how it works but apparently if you believe in something REAL hard, it becomes true… or blinds you from reality. I forget which.

“There is something feeble and a little contemptible about a man who cannot face the perils of life without the help of comfortable myths. Almost inevitably some part of him is aware that they are myths and that he believes them only because they are comforting. But he dare not face this thought! Moreover, since he is aware, however dimly, that his opinions are not real, he becomes furious when they are disputed.” [Bertrand Russell, "Human Society in Ethics and Politics"]

RAmen

3. Travis says:

Are you serious? This site’s main purpose is to show religious how crazy, ridiculous, and ignorant there logic and beliefs are. This is a parody religion.

4. Nangleator says:

Mitchell:

I want you to sit down and think. How can any imaginary deity create everyone in the world? They’re just figments of our imagination. Not gods. I can understand you might be weak enough to have to believe in a god, but it didn’t create us, and we don’t need it. Oh, and by the way, this site is meant to be incredibly hilarious, and it’s incredibly obvious that it’s a satire. Something tells me you’re too stupid to see that. (Probably your horrible English.) No offense meant.

5. hojomojo says:

Ironically this site is the result of someone sitting down and thinking.
    And also… stands for preserving the thoughts of all those who sat down and thought and gave us the world we live in today. So all those who kneel and pray cannot taint the sitting and thinking of another generation who will sit and think and give us a better tomorrow, instead of wasting their time praying some one else might do it for them.
    So feel free to laugh, by all means that’s what the rest of us are here to do, but maybe you should sit down and think about why we are laughing.

6. Long John says:

Mitchell,
    please stay in school. Feel free to post again when you learn to read and write.

7. Not so hairless Ape says:

Mitch…. can I call you Mitch?

Mitch, I want you to learn to READ and COMPREHEND. It’s all spelled out on the front page. Go back and read up. You’ll find the true meaning of FSM and Pastafarianism. You’ll also learn, hopefully, that there’s a lot of thinking behind what goes on here. At least, by a large portion of us that frequent this page.

I’d like to thank you for not being a jerk but I really can’t. Your statements clearly indicate that you don’t believe there’s any thought behind this and that we must also be crazy.

At least you think it’s funny. Better than getting offended I guess.

RAmen

8. Arash says:

i want you to sit down and think, think and think. did you see the “start here” on the homepage of this site? did you start there? if you did and still this is the question you came up with then, dear Mitchell, you are a complete moron; however if you have not, then i have to say please please please from now on first expand your knowledge on any subject and THEN comment on it, otherwise you just make a fool of yourself. no offense.