Amazing tattoo

Published February 10th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

Greetings. I am a college instructor who teaches public speaking, film, and religious studies. I wanted to get a tattoo that expressed my dedication to the 1st Amendment. I am not a theologian, but a historian of religions, and my area of expertise is the Medieval Church. So, my tattoo artist and I came up with this design. I think it effectively demonstrates freedom of expression, speech, and religion. And, I wanted to share it with you. May you be blessed by his Noodly Appendage!

RAmen,
Kelly

29 Responses to “Amazing tattoo”

1. Phyve says:

Kelly,
    Tastey tat. Truly a work of art. Nothing like a heaping(sp?) serving of FSM with a side-dish of lil-FSM to put the appetite at bay.

2. Ham Nox says:

@Kelly
    Well that’s good to know.. I never much liked the FSM nativity scenes, because it pokes fun at a story that is actually quite beautiful on the surface of things (even if it never happened) while making zero sense with the “belief system” as a whole. I don’t believe you can just insert a baby FSM with absolutely no purpose or backstory.
    Congrats, btw. It’s a really nice tat, whether I agree with it theologically or not :P

3. Ari says:

I love how the baby FSM has only one meatball.
    But shouldn’t he be carried in a take-out box instead of a blanket?

4. daniel says:

like the tatoo… but if it were me…i would loose the roses and go with bigger meatballs and more pasta…those are my two favorite things about His Noodlyness…oh, and beer volcanos too

5. Kacey says:

Amazing. What college do you teach at? I’m applying for grad schools and would love to know.

6. Alison in S.O. says:

WOW! I am particularly impressed by the depiction of the Sweet Baby FSM peeking out from it’s swaddling clothes. SWEEEEET!

AC in SO

7. Alison in SO says:

It would be cool if the Evolve Fish folks could make T-shirts and stick-on tats of your version of Madonna and child…I’d buy them!

8. Steven Wanzell says:

@Ham Knox (I shudder to think what ‘logic’ led you to that nickname!): I definitely intend to ridicule Christianity!! But I do confess some guilt – it’s just TOOOOOO easy!