32046 Views

Amazing tattoo

Published February 10th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

Greetings. I am a college instructor who teaches public speaking, film, and religious studies. I wanted to get a tattoo that expressed my dedication to the 1st Amendment. I am not a theologian, but a historian of religions, and my area of expertise is the Medieval Church. So, my tattoo artist and I came up with this design. I think it effectively demonstrates freedom of expression, speech, and religion. And, I wanted to share it with you. May you be blessed by his Noodly Appendage!

RAmen,
Kelly

29 Responses to “Amazing tattoo”

1. Susie Q says:

Wow, that’s wicked! Wonderful fusion of period style and tattoo technique. You’re working with a really good artist. Enjoy carrying the word into the world.

You are touched…

Susie Q

2. Belgian Girl says:

Kelly it’s lovely!!! But why is the FSM looking so sad?

3. biodork says:

Holy crap – Is that The Baby FSM? All praise be to his tiny noodly appendages!

4. Wendy says:

So beautiful!!!

5. Keith says:

Very skillfully done. You and the artist should both be proud.

6. bruceo says:

#8:

Because she wanted a girl.

7. Steven Wanzell says:

I’m moved by how the artist has captured so well, the traditional sadness in the NoodSaint’s eyes. This will surely bring the faithless to their knees, and reeducate the Polish and countless others as to their wayward ways. Martyrdom never looked so delicious, yet grotesque. Nood lives!

8. Kelly says:

@ Ham Nox – My intent was not to ridicule Christianity. In fact, some of my best friends are Christians. I chose this style because the bulk of my PhD work is in Medieval Catholicism – I even taught for a while at a Catholic university (no faith clause of course). All religions are weird. In fact, I’m thinking of sleeving the entire arm in faux religious iconography. I believe in equality :-)

@ Greg – LOL. I live in the bible belt – Kansas City in fact (on the Missouri side – had to make it clear that I’m not a Kansan LOL).

–Kelly