Amazing tattoo

Published February 10th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

Greetings. I am a college instructor who teaches public speaking, film, and religious studies. I wanted to get a tattoo that expressed my dedication to the 1st Amendment. I am not a theologian, but a historian of religions, and my area of expertise is the Medieval Church. So, my tattoo artist and I came up with this design. I think it effectively demonstrates freedom of expression, speech, and religion. And, I wanted to share it with you. May you be blessed by his Noodly Appendage!

RAmen,
Kelly

29 Responses to “Amazing tattoo”

1 2 3 4
  1. Rikaishi says:

Beautiful

2. robotulism says:

Oh, shit, that’s amazing. I totally love it!
    In the beginning, I thought getting a FSM tattoo would be a little too much, but I’ve already started to contemplate the what, where and how of one. This one is so original, my favorite so far!
    Shit, this one really raised the bar, I’m gonna have to get all creative and stuff.

3. Noodly Appendage Servant Calvin says:

Coincidence that he looks like E.T. ? I think not!

• Billy Bass says:

I think what you meant to say is:

“Coincidence that He looks like E.T.?”

It’s the little things…

4. evilangel says:

I think your tat is beautiful and your description of it was a nice read. Btw I loved the eyes on Mary-Ghetti
    Ramen

5. Linguini Lass says:

Awesome ink !

6. Ham Nox says:

I’m not a big fan of the whole “son of the FSM” deal. It’s too much a rip-off of Christianity… It has no better point than to ridicule their beliefs. I think we can be a more positive movement than that. Religion isn’t all bad, it’s just severely deluded and misused in some cases.
    Not that I’m always above ridiculing Christian beliefs myself, but to get a tattoo of it? Christianity isn’t the only religion with problems.

7. Greg says:

Kelly,

that is indeed amazing. You have been truly touched by HNA and now you’re blessed forever.
    I envy you your courage in expressing your beliefs, it is actually inspiring.

Be warned, though, if you ever go to Poland (or the bible belt, I guess), make sure to wear long sleeve, as the holier-than-thou christ-obsessed catho-mentals will be more than happy to stone you to death and then crucify you. I can see you’re brave, but don’t let the hillbillies get you. Whou would inspire the community then?

Keep spreading the word and may the sauce be with you.

RAmen,
    Greg.

8. Sir Cados says:

Nice tattoo! His noodly-ness surely approves.

1 2 3 4