The FSM is not a real religion

Published January 28th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

The FSM is not a real religion. You just made it up and decided to plagiarize the bible. If you’re going to make up a religion have a fucking imagination and come up with you’re own quotes that haven’t been scammed off of the other legitimate religions of the world.

~Christine ~

282 Responses to “The FSM is not a real religion”

1 30 31 32
  1. James says:

Why not?. The bible plagiarises a lots of other religions.

2. Bob says:

Ha! Without the pagan religions, Christianity wouldn’t have a leg to stand on.

• Bob Marley says:

please stop.

3. Sam Neville says:

I’m going to assume this guy is Christian when I say this; who’s bible is the Old Testament again?

4. jamie says:

ok this is spinning my head i am a Christian but cant both exists from my religion god said there are other gods but none higher then me i am wondering if it can be

• Keith says:

I wouldn’t worry about it too much if I were you (but then I’m not). Any god that tells you it is better than other gods must feel very insecure if it feels compelled to tell mere mortals that they must worship only him or get punished. The “might makes right” attitude seems to be common in celestial mythology and gods are transitory things (except, of course, the FSM).

5. Someone says:

The FSM is NOT real!

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Sob. *wipes away a tear*

I almost miss Gabe & Gweeds. As frustrating as they were, they were more entertaining than this drive-by shit. Funnily enough though, none of them can find the “about” tab.

6. Bob Marley says:

Guys stop. people have different religions. And yes I am a Christian but who cares? My best friend is a different religion, sure she still believes in God but who cares? If we just get to know each other maybe we can to friends WITHOUT talking about who lord is real or not.

• Keith says:

Bob,
      The easiest way not to be offended or upset by what we write is to not come to this site.

• Rev. Wulff says:

As long as there are people in this world trying to pass legislation that makes their religion science, and bans real science, we will be needed. And we will be here.

• Captain Birdseye says:

Bob, which particular god are you talking about? Unless you can prove that FSM doesn’t exist, or that another does, He remains just as likely as any other god.
      Pastafarians saved kids from being taught fundamentalist Creationism in their science class. I would hope that you would not want any religion forcing their particular creation myth into science classes.
      When I studied religious knowledge at school, the teacher went through all of the world’s religions; none was proposed as the ‘correct’ one. FSM aims to restore that dynamic of equality.

• SillyKiwiMan says:

I care, Bob.

I don’t think any less of your faith than any other. Your beliefs are all equal in their lack of merit.

I have had many people in my life of faith. The smart (enough) ones knew to leave the subject alone. It meant we could have perfectly cordial relationships, some going as far as friendship. Some of them were really nice, and genuinely wanted the best for me. Others were the sort of preachy arsehole that most of us in this church rail against.

Stop preaching, stop telling me that I’ll go to hell for not following the same mythology as you (Bob, I appreciate that you personally might not behave this way, but you’ve come here to tell us what you think we should do, so you’re pretty close) stop treating people who are different to you like second-class citizens (why should my gay friends not be allowed to marry in a secular state? Why should they be happy as well as good dressers?) and most of all, why should we change what we think just because of a poorly-written series of fables with practically no relevance to life as we know it?

Yarrgh

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Please forward your letter to the King of Saudi Arabia. If for some strange reason I ever wanted to set foot in that FSM-forsaken land, I would be labeled a terrorist, simply because I have no respect for his religious beliefs.

• Canon Chris says:

That was incredible news, especially as the terrorists are religious people. I suspect the reasoning is that, without targets, the terrorists will all retire; bit like solving rape by locking up women.
        This was the nation that declared women as ‘like raw meat to an animal’; poor men just can’t help themselves. Says a lot about their blaming the victim for causing the crime.
        A mere detail, but, I thought it was atheism that was now illegal. I would claim to be a True Believer and pray fervently to FSM in court.
        Any idea what the punishment is? What about Buddhists? They’re atheists.

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

Atheists get top billing in the new law! Article 1: “Calling for atheist thought in any form, or calling into question the fundamentals of the Islamic religion on which this country is based.” Punishment? 3 to 20 years in prison.

1 30 31 32