The FSM is not a real religion

Published January 28th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

The FSM is not a real religion. You just made it up and decided to plagiarize the bible. If you’re going to make up a religion have a fucking imagination and come up with you’re own quotes that haven’t been scammed off of the other legitimate religions of the world.

~Christine ~

282 Responses to “The FSM is not a real religion”

1. oogabooga says:

As opposed to Christianity which is so original that it needed to plagiarize the Mithra story (not to mention that the Bible is basically a rehash of a buttload of religions that existed in the region at certain times)? Or Islam, which is simply a rehashed version of Christianity with some pedophilia and a lot more misogyny thrown. FSM is as real as any other god. The only difference between FSM and the god of the Bible is that FSM is actually cool.

Anyway, the mere existence of the word of FSM makes it completely legitimate. Since other gods don’t need any other evidence, we can apply the same logic to FSM. But please don’t criticize what you don’t understand – until you’ve been touched by His Noodly Appendage, you simply can’t even understand the word of FSM. And you will never be touched by His Noodly Appendage unless you believe in the word. It makes perfect sense!

2. rodrigo says:

eeeeehhh… but the bible itself plagiarizes Jewish tradition…. and Islam, another “legitimate” religion takes a lot from Christianity, and all of them take roots in Indian, Egyptian, Roman, Greek etc. “discontinued”-out-of-production religions.

Anyway, the flying spaghetti monster is as “real” as any other god….but a lot yummier. Pun intended.

3. Belgian Girl says:

Christine,

Other religions scammed us off and stole our quotes. Not the other way around.

And I really don’t like you telling me that FSM isn’t a ‘real’ religion. We have as much rights as you, for claiming our religion and believing in any fairytale we like. I rather go with a peaceful Flying Monster then with a bearded scary old underachiever, who loves you but will punish you when you will do even the smallest thing wrong. I just don’t like the fairytale about having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. Like, Mike Fuhrman puts it “I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m ‘bad’.” Using fear to control people is still the definition of terrorism in my country. And what do you think its best? An athiest who does good out of kindness of a christian who does good out of fear?

Come back to reality and start to use your FSM-given-brain.

RAmen

Belgian Girl

4. Greg says:

FSM is as real and as legitimate as any other religion in the world (and vice versa). We, Pastafarians, firmly believe that ours is the true and right religion but – and here we differ from a vast majority of other believers – we have no problems with letting other believe in what they want (divine FSM is very clear about that).

You want to worship a Jewish zombie who was his own father etc. – that is your choice. I don’t think your religion makes much sense, but I won’t deny your right to practice it, or to call it real and legitimate (I assume you’re a christian, since you mention the bible). But I’d like you to accept the fact that there are other religions in the world, some younger than others, but it doesn’t necessarily make them less legitimate that those which have been around for thousands of years. Back in the day christianity too was a young and quickly spreading religion, much like Pastafarianism now (let’s just wait a millenium or two and we’ll see who prevails).

Oh, and I guess you can accuse Bobby of many things, but lack of imagination is certainly not one of them.

Open your mind a bit, Christina, and have some delicious spaghetti – FSM is waiting for you to accept his blessing.

RAmen!
    Greg

5. Oday says:

Finally! I was beginning to think we scared off all the hate mailers.

You know, the irony in this letter is so strong it burns. Because the exact same thing could be said about the vast majority of religions.

6. bluzdude says:

Every religion ever was made up by SOMEONE…

I don’t see where any one is any more valid that any other.

Except Scientology… I mean, come on… They have to be kidding, don’t they?

7. DavidH says:

Cease thy struggling, my child, and let thyself fall back into the saucy embrace of His noodly appendage.

8. galderon says:

Now we’re the business of determine religions’ legitimacy? Is Catholicism legitimate? Protestant? Baptist? Mormonism? Judaism? Buddhism? Hindu? Islam? Wiccan? Satanism? Scientology? Why didn’t anyone tell me that Christine is in charge of categorizing which religions are legitimate and which are not???