I’m not going to go all apeshit

Published January 8th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

I’m ont going to go all ape shit on you because I’m a firm beliver of people chosing their own religions or lack of one. HOWEVER I do find if ofencive when you make a mockery of other religions, be it christianity, buddhism, judaism, etc. so I think it fair that you respect other people’s belifes and not posting material that INTENTIONALY offends other people,

thank you.
-Logal

137 Responses to “I’m not going to go all apeshit”

1. Mona says:

a legitimate religion is an oxymoron

2. Mike says:

Yeah… I just don’t understand, why people have to write hate-mails, because they know not all aspects of our religion. They should go to wikipedia, read it and understand, why FSM exists. ;)

3. 7Underwood7 says:

I think that religion makes a mockery of itself well enough.

4. Ben M says:

Well, thank you for not going crazy. This is simply a mockery of other religions, and although I can see that a believer in such a religion would be offended by this satire, you have to understand that we have every right to show our opinion of other’s beliefs in a funny way. This was, after all, started to make a point about education, a very important topic. In fact, it’s all to point out how ridiculous people believing in most religions is; being on level with the belief in a flying spaghetti monster. But you do also have the right to be offended by such.

Also, why can’t you people ever spell-check your hate mail? Come on, it gets annoying.

5. theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

From Dictionary.com:
    sat·ire   /ˈsætaɪər/ Show Spelled[sat-ahyuhr] Show IPA
    –noun
    1.the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.
    2.a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
    3.a literary genre comprising such compositions.

Any person or institution who can’t take a little satire is not to be revered or respected. They are to be mocked all the more. When someone reacts angrily to satire, it’s because the needle has found an open sore.

6. Jessie says:

Logal,
    you just offended me. especially when you said my chosen religion is a mockery. maybe your religions a mockery! but anyways, please take your own advice and shut up.

7. Matt says:

Your lack of typing and spelling ability is offensive.

8. Nameless(: says:

Oh dear. He must have lost his dictionary.. it must be hard to find when his head is up his ass. It’s a shame, it might have helped him pass the spelling tests he had as a kid.