I’m not going to go all apeshit

Published January 8th, 2010 by Bobby Henderson

I’m ont going to go all ape shit on you because I’m a firm beliver of people chosing their own religions or lack of one. HOWEVER I do find if ofencive when you make a mockery of other religions, be it christianity, buddhism, judaism, etc. so I think it fair that you respect other people’s belifes and not posting material that INTENTIONALY offends other people,

thank you.
-Logal

137 Responses to “I’m not going to go all apeshit”

1 11 12 13 14 15 17
  1. mark says:

I find his spelling ofencive. Highly ofencive

2. olly says:

HA. You talk about FSP being offensive. Religion offends me, its way of controling people, its way of giving false hope, its way of crashing planes into buildings, its way of female genital mutilation, its way of preachng hell fire to small children, it offends me how stupid YOU are and how probably the apes we evolved from have more sense than you

3. Nathan says:

if you think the FSM is making a mockery of every other religion stop and think for a second. the first recorded beliefs in history were not Christianity, catholic or even Jewish, but these religions were derived from other religions such as the polytheists of ancient Egypt and most religions today get their holidays from the pagan religion (excluding Jewish holidays).

4. DaveDaveDave says:

@olly RAmen!

@Logal
    “Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us – he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.” (Psalm 137:9)

And you call FSM offensive!? Dude, eat some pasta!

5. Chicken Brain says:

Any holy book from any religion, if previously unrecognized and published today, would make one’s head explode.

How does a book call for peace and love and then tell you to commit genocide?

• Ritchi says:

what about Buddhism? not only does it not have a hell or any negative punishment for those who don’t follow it, it was always a religion that coexisted with other religions. to boot, it has no god, Buddha is just the name for those who have reached enlightenment and can be any and all people.

6. Tom says:

@Chicken Brain: Well, I think it’s more of a warped interpretation of being faithful to their respective printed salvation that causes them to foam at the mouth when somebody says they have a pretty neat book too.

While not religious myself, I think it’s important to recognize that some pretty basic guidelines like peace and love and all that jazz are in most religions, but get skewed as it progresses and society starts looking at it funny.

7. ER404 says:

“I’m a firm beliver of people chosing their own religions or lack of one. HOWEVER”

You buddy, just killed your own argument before the end of the second sentence. Bravo :)

8. KatetheKate says:

“so I think it fair that you respect other people’s belifes and not posting material that INTENTIONALY offends other people,

thank you.
    -Logal”

…. Heh, so much for Freedom of Speech. Oh that’s right, we’re only free to believe what YOU believe.

-50 points for Constitution!Fail.
    -25 points for Spelling!Fail.
    +20 for attempts at civility

I’m glad to give that 20 points. Next time, please don’t be so terrible with your grammar. It offends me. Intentionally.

R’amen!
    KatetheKate

• Shade says:

Nobody likes trolls or flames. How is this really, truly different? Would you not get angry at a flamer who was insulting you?

Logal has been insulted; I think it perfectly acceptable that he express that opinion.

• Keith says:

I think one could argue that Logal came to this site with the intention of being insulted. As many people have pointed out in other postings, there is no legal, moral, or other compunction to visit this site. Logal could just as easily visited sites that are more agreeable to his/her/its ideologies.

1 11 12 13 14 15 17