I understand your weak attempt

Published November 20th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

Bobby, I understand your weak, (though somewhat humorous) attempt to draw parallel between your alleged FSM and the true Creator, fortunately your doubt does not negate nor prevent His existence.

There is a Bible verse which states that the fervent prayer of a righteous man (one who has chosen to believe in forgiveness and accept eternal life) avails much.

Since you evidently do not believe in the Creator you should have no issue with my prayer for you.

Perhaps He will see that it will require a ‘hitting bottom’ before your mind, soul and ‘heart’ as they say, is open to the possibility and awareness that eternity without this Creator, whom is love, will be an horrible reality.

You are allowed to make your decision either way, but I’m hoping your ears & eyes will be opened to the realization that this 3-dimensional physical apparent reality is so much less than that of the realm of the Living Spirit.

May He be exalted in you, also, and may you find Life.

Bobby, expect the unexpected.
Il Pavarello

184 Responses to “I understand your weak attempt”

1. plumberbob says:

@ Il Pavarello,

You referred to a Biblical verse which you didn’t quote or list. Do you know what it is?

You’ve come to our website, and you’ve obviously ignored the directive to read the Open Letter and the “About” tab material. You could have learned that our purpose is the exclusion of religious mythology from the science curricula of the public schools.

In the mean time, since you’ve proposed your own mythology, it is up to you to prove to us the existence of your deity. Mis-quoting from a Hebrew/ Koine book that you probably can’t read is not accepted as proof. You must know the language, who wrote it, when it was written, and the politics and economics of the authors and editors before we can have a clear rational discussion about it.

Carefully read the comments of Southern Ptarmigan (tenth down in the comments section) who has this question fully in perspective. S/He is a well educated evangelical Christian:

Remember that you believe whatever it is that you do believe in because it’s what your parents or priest believe:

Do not get trapped in the Authoritarian mold:You will be constantly surprised by unsuspected things.

The Authoritarians

The attached talk by Dr Andy Thomson tells us how our needs as helpless infants uses the same parts of the brain as our thoughts about the mythology of religion:

The fears and terrors of the unknown are powerful drivers in our need for superstition.

RAmen

2. Sam says:

Bobby,
    The foundation of your logic is shaky at best. Saying something is, or is not, true simply because a book says it is so without a shred of logical or physical proof is fundamentally flawed. However, I doubt analytic thought id your forte’. You strike me as a male, who does not engage the logic circuits in his brain often. So, not to put too fine a point on it, bugger off you moronic sod.
    SP

Or as an alternative follow Mark 9:47 in that most literal of books you adhere to with such fervor that says “if your eye offend you, pluck it out: it is better for you to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:” It is clear your eye has offended you. So pluck away buddy, but use antisceptic. If you die of a self inflicted wound you go to “H” “E” double hockey sticks, where ever that is….

3. Trey says:

“your doubt does not negate nor prevent His existence.” And your Faith doesn’t prove his existance.

4. Ste says:

You have chosen to blindly believe that the Bible is the word of god.
    That is fine by me (although i’d like to know WHY god did not prevent other people to have other gods…).
    What I am not fine with is your attempt to impose your view on everybody. Should not let god do that job? and if he does not do that personally, what make you think that you and your likes should do what god himself decided not to do? It’s a little arrogant, isn’t it?

5. edd says:

Hey, I wanna spout clichés that sound deep and meaningful but are really trite and nonsensical, too!

Bobby, speak the unspoken. Read the unread. Preach the unpreachable. Accessorize the un-accessorizable. Tweet the un-tweetable.

6. Aset says:

Does no one get satire?

Il Pavarello, who died and made you speaker for G-d? I’m pretty sure that G-d has a since of humor. He might even find this very funny.

7. tek says:

“Expect the unexpected”? Leave it to a follower of the Abrahamic god to close with a metaphysical impossibility. Our god is, if not provable, at least logical, and therefore superior.

As far as the “parallel between the true creator and the FSM” is concerned, since FSM is the true creator, I don’t quite follow how there is a “parallel”, only a revelation of truth. No amount of belief or doubt can change the fact of his undetectable and, therefore, unverifiable existence. If you can prove that the FSM does not exist, I will not only stop believing, but also buy a round of drinks for the whole forum at the nearest strip club. (That’s beer only, folks, I’m on a budget here).

It’s amazing how followers of Il’s god (and other self-contradictory cults) completely fail to see the advantages of following an internally-consistent faith. Perhaps this is because Il’s god is “apparent”? Used here for its previously obscure alternate meaning “away from the phone, if you would like to leave a message please wait for the tone”. Apparently.

I would say “his will be done”, but since it always is what’s the point? May he touch you all, you know, if he wants to. How would I know? Get off my case already, I can’t be blessing you all the time; why can’t you bless yourself for once?
    -tek

8. bruceo says:

This is clearly a terroristic threat. I’d report this to the authorities if I were you, Bobby.