I hadn’t even heard of this religion

Published November 6th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

I hadn’t even heard of this religion until my teacher mentioned it. I didn’t believe him until I looked it up. I’ve heard about weird alien religions and knew people believed in them, but this? I thought it was a joke. I read your ‘evidence’ and frankly, that wasn’t evidence. There is no proof, they didn’t say there was proof, and you’re not good at defending your faith if you include hate mail on your website. I find it very funny that you’re Spaghetti Bible or whatever won the COMEDY award. That shows what a big joke it is to other people. Can you even pull out proof that there ever was a Spaghetti Monster god? Like, fossilized noodles or something? No. Spaghetti is only a few centuries old, there can’t possibly be a god made of something that a human created, when supposidly the spaghetti created humans. This religion makes no sense. I think that if you belong to this church, you should evaluate what they’re teaching. That a giant ball of noodles somehow created the world. How can a pile of limp noodles even move? It can’t. If you belong to this, I’m sorry, but whoever created this website made it possible for people to comment on it, so I am. This is a brainless, hilarious religion, and I wouldn’t convert because frankly, I don’t believe that food created this world, or people. Too far-fetched and stupid.
-Leigh

428 Responses to “I hadn’t even heard of this religion”

1. aliz says:

Oh dude! What an excellent article dude! Have to thank you for this one, though I’ve got a dilemma with your RSS feed. Can’t appear to subscribe to it for some reason. Do you know if anyone else is having the exact same problem? If you’ve got a solution please let me know.

2. sterownik ISUZU says:

There’s noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made sure nice points in features also.

3. indoor flag pole sets says:

Man I definetly adore your write-up and it is so commendable hence I am going to bookmark it. I Have to say the Wonderful research this article has is greatly remarkable !! Who does that additional research these days? Hats off to You . Just another tip to you is that you shouldintroduce any Translator Application for your Global Readers .

4. Tyger says:

Greek gods can take people’s shapes, so FSM could have been something besides pasta at the beginning.

• Keith says:

Valid point: and the Judaeo-Christian god may have been a goat man with wings and horns.

5. Ronnie L says:

I await the day Christians find a fossilized jesus or some such thing to prove their religion. Untill that day a lack of fossilized pasta in the geological record is not too concerning….although i guess some antipasta could have removed them to trick us.

6. http://newagemarketing62.blog.com/2011/12/08/youll-definitely-want-to-look-at-this-fresh-new-inventive-marketing-or-advertising-specialist/ says:

This site is really a stroll-via for all of the info you wanted about this and didn’t know who to ask. Glimpse here, and you’ll undoubtedly discover it.

7. Seiryuu says:

Wait, so is Leigh saying that they’ve found the fossilized remains of the Abrahamic god, since she’s so adamant that God is real?

• madcow says:

You can’t find remains of somthing that doesn’t die, so no they haven’t found remains of G-d. There will never be anything to find when it comes to the flying spaghetti monster

• TiltedHorizon says:

“You can’t find remains of somthing that doesn’t die”

And coincidence, you cannot find evidence for something that does not exist.

• nun sequitur says:

”U cant find remains of something that doesnt die.”

I dont know about something, but refer 2 someONE. ME. Ive attempted 2 off myself numerous times. I was in a coma once because of it. I also have survived numerous accidents unrelated to these attempts…which could have resulted in my death & due to results including that i did not die but am alive suffering, i only wish id been eliminated…i cannot seem to die- but the oversights on test results & head games played with my care may lead to it either way…ill keep u posted, but thus far i appear 2 b fitting that criteria.

also, we probably cannot locate the remains of a friends’ deceased pet bird they asked if they could bury beneath our landlords poplar tree @ our ladt residence, because it is on the small side & do not recall the precise area, but we had met the bird…& his remains are out there, unless an animal dug him up- & its difficult 2 identify remains in certain formats…

• nun sequitur says:

what i meant 2 say is so far, i remain…

• nun sequitur says:

madcow, chimps & humans share a common ancestry & so do we probably genetically on certain fronts, if u r of ashkenazi or safardic descent. Did u know u r @ higher risk of having certain tissue types predisposing u 2 cancers & the likelihood those cancers will go undetected on standard tests is more likely as well & others not sharing this descent face similar outcomes…that is more important to get the word out, on…

• nun sequitur says:

That is 2 say, extra dna…

r Evolution

Creationists don’t like the notion of junk DNA, any more than they like the concept of vestigial organs – the two concepts are closely related. Both imply an evolutionary past. Both also are partly founded upon an argument of exclusion, which they try to present as an argument from ignorance (but there is a subtle difference). An argument from exclusion basically says that we do not know of any function for junk DNA therefore it probably has none. Such arguments are only as good as the extent to which we have searched for a function. After about a century of genetics, and half a century of studying DNA, we have a reasonable level of confidence that much of junk DNA is indeed junk. You cannot prove once and forever a negative claim, but you can get to high levels of confidence.

An argument from ignorance takes the form – we do not know what the function of junk DNA is, therefore it has this specific function (for which there is no positive evidence)…

from here:

8. celeste says:

I’ve heard about weird alien religions and knew people believed in them, but christianity? I thought it was a joke. I read your ‘evidence’ and frankly, that wasn’t evidence. There is no proof. and you’re not good at defending your faith if you let people murder other people in the name of God. I find it very funny that YOUR* Bible or whatever outlawed things like tattoos and working on the sabbath. That shows what a big joke it is to other people. Can you even pull out proof that there ever was a god? Like, fossilized remains or something? . This religion makes no sense. I think that if you belong to this church, you should evaluate what they’re teaching. That one man , who’s also the father and the holy spirit, whatever that is somehow created the world. This is a brainless, hilarious religion, and I wouldn’t convert because frankly, I don’t believe that a ‘god’ created this world, or people. Too far-fetched and stupid.
    -celeste