I hadn’t even heard of this religion

Published November 6th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

I hadn’t even heard of this religion until my teacher mentioned it. I didn’t believe him until I looked it up. I’ve heard about weird alien religions and knew people believed in them, but this? I thought it was a joke. I read your ‘evidence’ and frankly, that wasn’t evidence. There is no proof, they didn’t say there was proof, and you’re not good at defending your faith if you include hate mail on your website. I find it very funny that you’re Spaghetti Bible or whatever won the COMEDY award. That shows what a big joke it is to other people. Can you even pull out proof that there ever was a Spaghetti Monster god? Like, fossilized noodles or something? No. Spaghetti is only a few centuries old, there can’t possibly be a god made of something that a human created, when supposidly the spaghetti created humans. This religion makes no sense. I think that if you belong to this church, you should evaluate what they’re teaching. That a giant ball of noodles somehow created the world. How can a pile of limp noodles even move? It can’t. If you belong to this, I’m sorry, but whoever created this website made it possible for people to comment on it, so I am. This is a brainless, hilarious religion, and I wouldn’t convert because frankly, I don’t believe that food created this world, or people. Too far-fetched and stupid.
-Leigh

429 Responses to “I hadn’t even heard of this religion”

1. matt t says:

Well nice to see you speaking your mind, person before me. May I point out that you, sir, are retarded

• callum says:

FSM is stupid. The world is not 300 years old, and saying you’ve been touched buy his noodly apendage sounds like you’ve been raped by a saggy old man. If this was real, it will be wonderful. Bit it isn’t. It is a retarded pice or crap that deserves to be burned eternaly in my fiery but crack.

• Matt t says:

lol

• Zuri says:

Go get yourself a kindergarten education and lay off the booze and pot. I’m not a Pastafarian, but I know you’re retarded. You owe every Pastafarian an apology for insulting them, and every Christian an apology by making us look like jerks.

• plumberbob says:

@ Zuri,

Only you can make yourself look foolish by your incessant trolling of our site. You’re terribly frightened that we might be right, and that the fables that have been preached to you by your equally frightened elders might really be just irrational superstitions.

Perhaps if you were smart enough to read and follow the directions that were clearly given to you when you entered our site, you would have had your questions answered. After reading the Open Letter and the “About” tab material, you could have learned:

1) Our mission is the exclusion of religious mythology from the science curricula of public schools.

2) Our theology is a satire that neither depends on, nor is derivative of any other religion.

3) We insist that any school board that includes any religious mythology in their science curricula, must also include ours.

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.
          H. L. Mencken
          US editor (1880 – 1956 )

Please remember that you’ve never been presented with any evidence of the existence of any deity. The transcendental feeling that one can get when deep in prayer or during meditation can be taught to any willing person in about an hour. It’s physiological; it’s not theological.

Get over yourself! Remember that your religious organization is run by old MEN, whose only goal is the collection of MONEY, POWER, and SEX for themselves!

RAmen

2. Burky says:

IM AWESOME

3. Josh Johnson says:

IM AWEOMSER THA BURKY BCUZ HE DOESNT WORSHIP A SAUCE INFESTED NOODLE
    (check out my band (link) )

4. Improv says:

I think it’s strange he’s taking FSM more seriously than I, a loyal follower.
    Fossilised noodles? lol.

We created noodles in his image.

5. callum says:

like if you like the fsm

6. Adam says:

Years ago I was lost in life. I was addicted to crack, meth, heroin, sex with prostitutes, arson, murder, and Coca Cola. I finally hit rock bottom and joined a treatment facility in my area.They told me to turn my life over to FSM and trust that he would lead me on the right path. He has – and I can’t thank him enough.

7. trina says:

I stumbledon this site and had a giggle- clearly it’s what we down under call a pisstake- and just as clearly a helluva lot of your readers do not understand what taking the piss means. I think Americans call it taking the mickey. Lighten up people- the world needs humour and this site dishes some. And what is it with the people who are so angry that they have to use that good old anglosaxon word for sex as a cuss word.So many people confusing fucking with frustration!! There seem to be so many people so pissed off with the world and so inarticulate that they have to spew their anger onto Web sites. If you want to be happier- just don’t sweat the small stuff folks.And finally- just remember that we need to treat the serious stuff in life lightly, and take the light stuff very seriously.
    Happy New Year people.

• theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Or, as I like to say “Don’t sweat the petty stuff. And don’t pet the sweaty stuff, either”.

8. TMadd says:

i was reading that and i saw that you were “addicted to crack, meth, heroin, sex with prostitutes, arson, and murder” so i was like: ok that’s fine… then i saw “and Coca Cola” and i was filled with rage… YOU DARED TO DRINK COLA?!!! I WILL KILL YOU!!!

Post Scriptum: just kidding ;)