I hadn’t even heard of this religion

Published November 6th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

I hadn’t even heard of this religion until my teacher mentioned it. I didn’t believe him until I looked it up. I’ve heard about weird alien religions and knew people believed in them, but this? I thought it was a joke. I read your ‘evidence’ and frankly, that wasn’t evidence. There is no proof, they didn’t say there was proof, and you’re not good at defending your faith if you include hate mail on your website. I find it very funny that you’re Spaghetti Bible or whatever won the COMEDY award. That shows what a big joke it is to other people. Can you even pull out proof that there ever was a Spaghetti Monster god? Like, fossilized noodles or something? No. Spaghetti is only a few centuries old, there can’t possibly be a god made of something that a human created, when supposidly the spaghetti created humans. This religion makes no sense. I think that if you belong to this church, you should evaluate what they’re teaching. That a giant ball of noodles somehow created the world. How can a pile of limp noodles even move? It can’t. If you belong to this, I’m sorry, but whoever created this website made it possible for people to comment on it, so I am. This is a brainless, hilarious religion, and I wouldn’t convert because frankly, I don’t believe that food created this world, or people. Too far-fetched and stupid.
-Leigh

429 Responses to “I hadn’t even heard of this religion”

1 43 44 45 46 47 49
  1. DarthFennec says:

That’s funny, I think I’ve said the exact same thing about Christianity and Hinduism and any other religion on this hunk of rock we call a planet. We have as much proof for our faith as anyone else has for theirs, and that should be good enough for anyone.

2. Justin says:

How can air make the earth (where is heaven? space ships havent crashed into ppl up in the atmosphere so im assuming its not there), where is ur PROOF (not writing) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRING IT

3. Mr Cooper (all hail FSM) says:

you asked if there was spagghetti fossils, if the FSM is god he can’t of died and there fore can’t be fossilied.

4. ToriIsChristian.! says:

You guys can’t be serious.! Maybe a Monkey God, but a Spaghetti Monster????? Insanity isn’t the same as religion.

• Drained and Washed Clean says:

Insanity is a legal term. Not a psychological one.

But when taking a look at certain mental illnesses, it starts looking kind of familiar…

Definition of schizophrenia:
      a group of severe brain disorders in which people interpret reality abnormally. (Like there is some god controlling your life)

Symptoms:
      Schizophrenia may result in some combination of hallucinations, delusions and disordered thinking and behavior. (hearing voices, cannibalizing, speaking in tongues, praying on knees, seeing visions…)

Hmm… Have you seen YOUR psychiatrist lately?

5. English Andy says:

I am sorry but do people do not realise that attacking the FSM purely turns the focus onto what religion they are repesenting? Every time I read 1 of these posts I think “shouldn’t you be asking yourself the same question?” Don’t these people understand that attacking his noodleiness gives carte blanche for people to attack their belief system? all I can do is read these posts while shaking my head at the sheer hypocrisy shown

6. jon mehta says:

I am totally surprised to see your blog. It’s very attractive and beautiful.

7. Yojembo says:

“How can a pile of limp noodles even move? It can’t.”

It’s called magic Cletus! Duh!

What a heathen eh?

Hail FSM (pbhn).

RAmen.

PS: He was sent by His Noodleyness to test us.

8. charlotte says:

one thing that has been annoying me while reading these hate mails it that many criticise on having a totally stupid god and one made of spaghetti. Where does spaghetti come from? People. Where does a person come from? Two people. Which came first the chicken or the egg? The egg or the chicken?
    All religions are flawed in many ways. But the pasta followers are being insulted for following a religion they believe it (some anyway lol) they are being insulted for insulting other religions so who is worst? The answer if both sides should come to peace, they r both sides in the wrong for insulting each other. It takes two to tango.
    Fiction books often make their own religion for their worlds, so why not a man trying to make a point?
    i hope ppl consider what ive said,
    there are many things we cant explain flying noodles is just one of them.

• myriam says:

really nice criticism…youre totally right!!

1 43 44 45 46 47 49