I hadn’t even heard of this religion

Published November 6th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

I hadn’t even heard of this religion until my teacher mentioned it. I didn’t believe him until I looked it up. I’ve heard about weird alien religions and knew people believed in them, but this? I thought it was a joke. I read your ‘evidence’ and frankly, that wasn’t evidence. There is no proof, they didn’t say there was proof, and you’re not good at defending your faith if you include hate mail on your website. I find it very funny that you’re Spaghetti Bible or whatever won the COMEDY award. That shows what a big joke it is to other people. Can you even pull out proof that there ever was a Spaghetti Monster god? Like, fossilized noodles or something? No. Spaghetti is only a few centuries old, there can’t possibly be a god made of something that a human created, when supposidly the spaghetti created humans. This religion makes no sense. I think that if you belong to this church, you should evaluate what they’re teaching. That a giant ball of noodles somehow created the world. How can a pile of limp noodles even move? It can’t. If you belong to this, I’m sorry, but whoever created this website made it possible for people to comment on it, so I am. This is a brainless, hilarious religion, and I wouldn’t convert because frankly, I don’t believe that food created this world, or people. Too far-fetched and stupid.
-Leigh

429 Responses to “I hadn’t even heard of this religion”

1 42 43 44 45 46 49
  1. Bobby says:

You missed the point, Leigh. This is a satire of religion in general. Think about it and come back.

2. Rob Jameson says:

In all seriousness, comments like this are literally the most depressing thing I witness on this planet. Any faith one has in humanity is surely crushed when a person cannot tell a humorous device designed to poke holes in (and fun at) religion, and a religion itself. When you consider how many people in the world can be so fundamentally idiotic (and yes I’ve met incredibly stupid atheists as well) you have to wonder how on earth progress can be made.

On the bright side, the fact that people like Leigh can wholeheartedly think this is serious belief is pretty damning evidence that we’re the best of the beasts, not the least of the angels (ie, Evolution over Intelligent Design, with the emphasis on ‘Intelligent’)

3. scott johnson says:

“I find it very funny that you’re Spaghetti Bible or whatever won the COMEDY award. That shows what a big joke it is to other people.” AS IT WAS MENT TO BE GENIUS!!!! Wow…it never ceases to amaze me how realy stupid some of you theists realy can be….i’m glad your on the theist side and not the atheist / agnostic side…..people like you go a long way making people like us look good without even trying…..asshole….

4. theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

“Can you even pull out proof that there ever was a Spaghetti Monster god? Like, fossilized noodles or something? ”

Using that logic, we would need to find the mummified body of Jesus to prove Christianity. But that would pretty much rule out his divinity, wouldn’t it??

5. Alex says:

It is very funny that someone can argue how the evidence of FSM is not evidence at all while failing to recognize their own text as a lack of evidence for anything.

And I say that as someone who does enjoy practicing their religious tradition and heritage, albeit not in a manner that enforces it or its “science” on others.

I know many others have already pointed out the irony of this person’s logic. Just sayin’.

6. Precambrian Rabbit says:

‘I find it very funny that you’re Spaghetti Bible or whatever won the COMEDY award.’

So do we Einstein, so do we..

Leigh, you made my day.. :-)

• Konstantin says:

Now that you mentioned that weird person (Einstein), was it not him that said
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the the universe.”

7. Saint Jimmy says:

have you ever heard of religions like oh i dunno… christianity? actually no religion, FSM includes makes any sense. trust me. ive been every religion from hindu to satanism to wicca. they dont add up ever. even pure atheism doesnt. the thing that kinda makes sense is atheism borderline satanism. youre pretty damn sure there’s nothing out there but on the off chance you’re wrong you’re goin to hell so ya might as well be on their side.

• Andy says:

Ahhhhhahahaha! LOL You are so stupid!

• erik & joe says:

danm man when i heard of this i thought it was a joke but its fuckin not this shit is so wack man. what the fuck is your have retarded prblem are you serous with this shit its all a joke and you will meet a real god who you cant EAT who will rape your shit for even coming up with these fake lies on how you thing food created us! im not sure what your smoking but lay off dog it will kill you in like 3 or 4 days if you keep it up.
      fuck you and your stupid food god

• Danimal says:

Wow it took two of you to come up with that?
        1. It IS a joke
        2. Learn to spell “problem” before you call someone retarded
        3. Your god would totally “rape my shit” and that’s why I don’t worship him
        4. Your god is made of crackers and wine our god just resembles spaghetti. It is in fact your god who is the “stupid food god”
        Get an education,
        Danimal

• Zuri says:

Ditto. Thank you.

• Hernando says:

Recommendation: Spell check, grammar check, brain scan. That being said, the “god” of Eric and Joe is pretty strange. Shit raping? Is that a new term? Yuck. Do gods do that? Assault my excrement?

• TiltedHorizon says:

Wow, Erik AND Joe, you identify yourself as two people yet display zero sense. Please ride the short bus back to summer school, start here: http://www.rif.org/.

8. Jonah says:

You say that Pastafarianism has no proof backing it up. the truth is, proof is not needed. There is no proof that the Catholic God exists, or buddhist, or any other religion. religion is built primarily on belief, not proof. you cannot prove any other religion to be correct, so you cannot disprove pastafarianism.

• Devin says:

Actually, Pastafarianism’s proof is based on logic.
      FSM is perfection in every way.
      Reality and existence is perfection.
      Therefore, FSM exists in reality.

• shadaki says:

atually there is no buddhist god

• Keith says:

That is quite true. Buddhism has, however, been adapted to include gods in several countries. China and Japan spring immediately to mind.

1 42 43 44 45 46 49