I hadn’t even heard of this religion

Published November 6th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

I hadn’t even heard of this religion until my teacher mentioned it. I didn’t believe him until I looked it up. I’ve heard about weird alien religions and knew people believed in them, but this? I thought it was a joke. I read your ‘evidence’ and frankly, that wasn’t evidence. There is no proof, they didn’t say there was proof, and you’re not good at defending your faith if you include hate mail on your website. I find it very funny that you’re Spaghetti Bible or whatever won the COMEDY award. That shows what a big joke it is to other people. Can you even pull out proof that there ever was a Spaghetti Monster god? Like, fossilized noodles or something? No. Spaghetti is only a few centuries old, there can’t possibly be a god made of something that a human created, when supposidly the spaghetti created humans. This religion makes no sense. I think that if you belong to this church, you should evaluate what they’re teaching. That a giant ball of noodles somehow created the world. How can a pile of limp noodles even move? It can’t. If you belong to this, I’m sorry, but whoever created this website made it possible for people to comment on it, so I am. This is a brainless, hilarious religion, and I wouldn’t convert because frankly, I don’t believe that food created this world, or people. Too far-fetched and stupid.
-Leigh

429 Responses to “I hadn’t even heard of this religion”

1. Wes Hagen says:

The noodly one only makes himself apparent to those who do not deny his existence for the lack of proof and faith.

Expect to be thrown into the maelstrom of a Pestofarian Hell upon the end of your mortal life here on Earth.

2. PlagueChicken says:

…As I’m sure many will have undoubtedly pointed out by the time this gets posted…
    Noodles making everything is no more (or less) ridiculous than jewish zombies, giant turtles poised on the back of elephants, Odin, Thor and that crew, Mishra, Baphomet, Allah or Santa Claus.
    I might add that our level of ‘proof’ meets or exceeds the level of ‘proof’ for any of the aforementioned entities / concepts.
    If you turn your rapier sharp powers of disbelief on the other major accepted ‘religions’, I think you can ask many of the same questions (sans spaghetti references of course). See what they say.
    What I say is that you need to improve your butter-knife dull powers of observation. See the tab up on top that says ‘ABOUT’? Look at that one and know that I am having a good chuckle at your expense.

Thanks!

PC

3. jodieaitken says:

“I wouldn’t convert because frankly, I don’t believe that food created this world, or people. Too far-fetched and stupid”

And invisible sky men ISN’T far fetched?!

“There is no proof, they didn’t say there was proof, and you’re not good at defending your faith if you include hate mail on your website.”

There is no proof of other religions.

“Can you even pull out proof that there ever was a Spaghetti Monster god?”

Can you even pull out proof that there ever was a christian/catholic/jewish/protestant/other god?

“there can’t possibly be a god made of something that a human created”

This was my personal favourite. god was created by man to explain the existence of things we couldnt explain in the absense of the knowledge of the existence of us.

4. Belgian Girl says:

Whahahahaha! Thanks Leigh, you just made my day! What an awesome comment, and I’m so happy to hear that even teachers are preaching our beautiful religion. But I’m less happy to hear that you didn’t took the time to check out our be loving website and that you didn’t took the time to go and check your dictionary. Try to look for the words: ‘satire’ and ‘irony’. And, our ‘evidence’ is just as good as the ‘evidence’ of any other religion.

RAmen!

5. Marie Marinara says:

You know what’s really stupid? People who come to this web site and don’t get that it’s satire. A response to the Kansas school board’s attempts to add creationism to the science classrooms in that state. Try as we might to get that point across, there are still oblivious folks like you who wander in, don’t read a word that’s published on the site, and then admonish this community for beliefs we don’t really even hold. Wow.

Of course the Gospel won the comedy award. IT IS COMEDY.

That being said, believing that there’s a beer volcano and a stripper factory awaiting us in Heaven is no more ridiculous than believing there will be fifty virgins, or white puffy clouds and angels with harps. Religion is ridiculous. Get over it.

RAmen!

6. ronster666 says:

Ah, but can you prove that it is not true? There’s the rub…and the point of this website. It’s similar to the way that believers in other religions cannot prove anything regarding their belief in a god. All this website started out to do was prevent creationism from being taught in public school science classes. We don’t care if people teach it in church or in religious schools until they are blue in the face, just keep it out of public schools.

7. Cardinal Fang says:

Okay – go to the library, get a dictionary and look up “satire”.

Then come back to us.

CF

8. ham nox says:

“Can you even pull out proof that there ever was a Spaghetti Monster god? Like, fossilized noodles or something?”
    Are suggesting that our wonderful, benevolent, saucy God might at some point have DIED and been embedded in silt and preserved for millions of years? Or that a delectable plate of holy carbohydrates might have gone *sob* uneaten and been thrown to the ground like common trash? How.. How could you insinuate such blasphemy? How could you say something so CRUEL??!?
    ~~~
    On the other hand, I must say I take his statement that “this is a brainless, hilarious religion” as an unequivocally gratifying compliment! There is nothing worse than religion without a sense of humor or that proposes to be ‘rational’ and ‘scientificly based’ (thereby undermining the value of a believer’s undoubting faith). If less enlightened peoples than ourselves feel threatened enough to require labeling our beliefs a comedic sham, then that’s their problem. Joke’s on them, really. I for one am perfectly content sailing the oceans blue and giving out candy to all the good little children, that I might be greatly blesséd by his saucy approval and not contribute to global warming, regardless of what they say.

RAmen