I hadn’t even heard of this religion

Published November 6th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

I hadn’t even heard of this religion until my teacher mentioned it. I didn’t believe him until I looked it up. I’ve heard about weird alien religions and knew people believed in them, but this? I thought it was a joke. I read your ‘evidence’ and frankly, that wasn’t evidence. There is no proof, they didn’t say there was proof, and you’re not good at defending your faith if you include hate mail on your website. I find it very funny that you’re Spaghetti Bible or whatever won the COMEDY award. That shows what a big joke it is to other people. Can you even pull out proof that there ever was a Spaghetti Monster god? Like, fossilized noodles or something? No. Spaghetti is only a few centuries old, there can’t possibly be a god made of something that a human created, when supposidly the spaghetti created humans. This religion makes no sense. I think that if you belong to this church, you should evaluate what they’re teaching. That a giant ball of noodles somehow created the world. How can a pile of limp noodles even move? It can’t. If you belong to this, I’m sorry, but whoever created this website made it possible for people to comment on it, so I am. This is a brainless, hilarious religion, and I wouldn’t convert because frankly, I don’t believe that food created this world, or people. Too far-fetched and stupid.
-Leigh

429 Responses to “I hadn’t even heard of this religion”

1. Mike says:

Leigh,

Thank you for you enlightening post, but you missed the whole point of our religion. Did you research it any more than by just coming to his website? Probably not. Here’s an excerpt from the Wiki on the Flying Spaghetti Monster;

“It was created in 2005 by Bobby Henderson as a satirical protest to the decision by the Kansas State Board of Education to require the teaching of intelligent design as an alternative to biological evolution in public schools.”

Maybe, just maybe, if you would take a little time and educate yourself on our religion, along with all religions as a matter of fact, you would see why Mr. Henderson founded our religion and why we are all here.

And in my honest opinion it is no more “far-fetched and stupid” than Christianity;

“The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by talking to a snake to eat from a magical tree… yeah, that makes perfect sense.”

Sincerely,

Mike

• madcow says:

I think that it is more reasonable then believing that a flying lump of drunk pasta created the world before spaghetti was invented

• nun sequitur says:

Regarding what mike just said…yes, exactly, we want to see THAT, the zombie j part, that kind of thing made into a movie. since the site is already getting flack, how much worse can u get? we think, if it were done godzilla style, u could add in the FSM…it could work. Those 2 guys whom did team america could do a good job…or quentin terintino, or collaboration..seriously, someone go pitch it…jesus as a vampire zombie mutant vs fsm. im already good as dead here,so my proposing it wont bother me & u all r used 2 criticism…

2. Ric Otta says:

Another genius has seen through us! Bless! Read the introduction Leigh

3. Carverite says:

This is my favourite of all the emails. ZERO sense of irony, nor sarcasm. True bewilderment. So funny to follow along as we find out what is impossible and what is possible. She gets it, but just doesn’t GET it. Mmwah, bella!

4. BlackBard says:

“The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster” won a comedy award? Who knew! I can not even remember when the Bible or Koran won any kind of award. This is great news. Thanks for sharing.

RAmen

• madcow says:

The truth usualy isn’t funny

5. Novparl says:

Thank you for explaining that. You have saved me from this terrifying heresy.

6. Sean Boyd says:

You need to relax, Leigh. And you might consider developing a sense of humor.

7. Trey says:

“Too far-fetched and stupid.” its just as far-fetched as believing in a great diety who died for our sins. i suggest reading about our fine website before posting on it. :)

8. Holly says:

Somebody needs to Google “Godwin’s Law.” :)