I hadn’t even heard of this religion

Published November 6th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

I hadn’t even heard of this religion until my teacher mentioned it. I didn’t believe him until I looked it up. I’ve heard about weird alien religions and knew people believed in them, but this? I thought it was a joke. I read your ‘evidence’ and frankly, that wasn’t evidence. There is no proof, they didn’t say there was proof, and you’re not good at defending your faith if you include hate mail on your website. I find it very funny that you’re Spaghetti Bible or whatever won the COMEDY award. That shows what a big joke it is to other people. Can you even pull out proof that there ever was a Spaghetti Monster god? Like, fossilized noodles or something? No. Spaghetti is only a few centuries old, there can’t possibly be a god made of something that a human created, when supposidly the spaghetti created humans. This religion makes no sense. I think that if you belong to this church, you should evaluate what they’re teaching. That a giant ball of noodles somehow created the world. How can a pile of limp noodles even move? It can’t. If you belong to this, I’m sorry, but whoever created this website made it possible for people to comment on it, so I am. This is a brainless, hilarious religion, and I wouldn’t convert because frankly, I don’t believe that food created this world, or people. Too far-fetched and stupid.
-Leigh

428 Responses to “I hadn’t even heard of this religion”

1. Iron Mike says:

You shouldn’t mock the ArrrrrrMighty One. No spaghetti and meatballs for you.

2. Hudzen10 says:

Beautiful, restores your faith in the intellectual capacity of the human race. :)

3. Jorge says:

It’s funny how you can sit here and call this religion far-fetched. You should try to ask the same questions about your religion that you do of this one. Where is the proof of your god? where is he fossilized as you say? How is a Giant ball of Noodles any differnt than a all knowing invisible man?
    I think any religion is brainless and hilarious as you stated. Why don’t you ask yourself those same questions and see if they make sense?

4. Ack says:

Leigh – you are so close to getting it, you can’t grasp the frustration. While there are many “devout” pastafarians (myself included), I don’t feel that you are cynical enough to understand the intent behind Venganza.org nor the Church of The FSM.

PS: Fossils are just there to confuse modern scientists. Didn’t the bible teach you anything?

5. Paul T says:

Haha!! i reeeeally hope this is a joke.

6. theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

I know what you mean about being far-fetched, Leigh. I saw an old movie “Red Dawn”, and not only did the Soviet Union NOT invade Kansas back in the 70′s, but the leader of the rebels was barely out of his teens, and I know he just died a middle-aged man. What’s up with that? It couldn’t be real.

Now as far as proof goes, Pastafarians have their Gospel, and the Christians have their Buybull. Looks like a tie to me!

7. The Brickler says:

You, sir, are and idiot. ^_____^

8. Hickstaff Openshaw says:

Heh Heh Heh. N.S.O.H. (No Sense Of Humor.)