I hadn’t even heard of this religion

Published November 6th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

I hadn’t even heard of this religion until my teacher mentioned it. I didn’t believe him until I looked it up. I’ve heard about weird alien religions and knew people believed in them, but this? I thought it was a joke. I read your ‘evidence’ and frankly, that wasn’t evidence. There is no proof, they didn’t say there was proof, and you’re not good at defending your faith if you include hate mail on your website. I find it very funny that you’re Spaghetti Bible or whatever won the COMEDY award. That shows what a big joke it is to other people. Can you even pull out proof that there ever was a Spaghetti Monster god? Like, fossilized noodles or something? No. Spaghetti is only a few centuries old, there can’t possibly be a god made of something that a human created, when supposidly the spaghetti created humans. This religion makes no sense. I think that if you belong to this church, you should evaluate what they’re teaching. That a giant ball of noodles somehow created the world. How can a pile of limp noodles even move? It can’t. If you belong to this, I’m sorry, but whoever created this website made it possible for people to comment on it, so I am. This is a brainless, hilarious religion, and I wouldn’t convert because frankly, I don’t believe that food created this world, or people. Too far-fetched and stupid.
-Leigh

429 Responses to “I hadn’t even heard of this religion”

1 2 3 49
  1. StJason says:

C’mon Leigh… you are so close. Just think it through a little more… If we are a phony religion, then what about other religions whose sole proof of existence is a book..?

…Unless, you’ve heard of some place with fossilized Krishna bones…?

2. LeftOfSean says:

It never ceases to amaze me the stupid people who send in mail like this. Ignorance like this is why George Bush was elected….TWICE!!

• Me says:

No, he was elected because he cheated in Florida.

3. Justin Chase says:

Name any god backed up by “proof”… The probability of the universe being created by a spaghetti monster is the same as it is for any other god, except this one comes with a beer volcano. Nuff said.

4. Doug G says:

why do people always take FSM so literally, it says on the about page what this is actually about.

5. Brent says:

Usually these make me laugh, but this one made me a bit sad. This person is so close to an epiphany, if only she would take one more intellectual step! Maybe a hearty pasta meal would give the carbohydrates needed for some extra critical thinking and the chance to be touched by His noodley goodness!

6. Dan Moody says:

Well done! Now take a look at your own religion with exactly the same level of common sense and logic :)

7. darkstar says:

Can I please stamp “ABOUT TAB” across your forehead for future reference?

8. Shawn says: