Pirate boat feedback please

Published October 15th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson
James Wharram Pahi 63

James Wharram Pahi 63

What do you guys think of something like this for the FSM voyaging church? I will tell you a few reasons it appeals to me.

It’s something we can build together.

We can start right away. We have enough money to get started and we can buy more materials as we raise more during the build process.

It’s more realistic and practical. I like 200′ Galleons as much as anyone, but I don’t see a lot of them sailing around. Pirate boats are extremely expensive to buy and maintain, and require a large trained crew to sail. If we get one, it’s going to spend much of its life being rented out to pay for itself.

Something like this is relatively cheap (hundreds of thousands vs millions), simple to sail, lots of room.

The one in the picture is ~65′, I’m not sure the upper limit on sailing catamarans.

What do you guys think? Build or buy?

99 Responses to “Pirate boat feedback please”

1. Skullhag says:

Why not a sea worthy fixer upper? with just a little searching I found this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/55-Wooden-Ketch-S-S-Design-Hull-Classic-Sailboat_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a55f3d41cQQitemZ250550146076QQptZSailboats
    it looks like it already has pirate sails! and a couple more bargains at that price and you could start a fleet (providing enough volunteers show up for work detail)

2. Ham Nox says:

@ Chris B

“I think all the Pastafarians would love to have a visit from the only man to so-far write a book in the Ghospel of the FSM.”

I dunno about that. You know there’s an entire board over at the forums dedicated to compiling a gospel of the FSM called The Loose Canon.

PS. It’s a really important collection of words ;-)

3. Hamish Rule (aka peckingbird) says:

BIGGER, BIGGER, BIGGER! =D
    I’m sure you could find a trained crew somewhere =/

4. Josh says:

Just about perfect, although it is a cool $200,000. This is at least the second posting of this ship.

5. wpolscemamymocneseo says:

Mate, you are a good writer. Your article is really good. You ought to do it for a living

6. the us flags says:

Good Examine and fascinating. Appreciate you taking the time in sharing these particulars. Thanks.

7. locksmiths glasgow says:

There is certainly no doubt that the facts posted here definitely adds value, nevertheless the various views of the consumer will constantly vary.

8. James says:

I’ve only sailed small boats, but I would love to be part of this wonderful crew. Please inform me if she needs more hands.

-J