Pirate boat feedback please

Published October 15th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson
James Wharram Pahi 63

James Wharram Pahi 63

What do you guys think of something like this for the FSM voyaging church? I will tell you a few reasons it appeals to me.

It’s something we can build together.

We can start right away. We have enough money to get started and we can buy more materials as we raise more during the build process.

It’s more realistic and practical. I like 200′ Galleons as much as anyone, but I don’t see a lot of them sailing around. Pirate boats are extremely expensive to buy and maintain, and require a large trained crew to sail. If we get one, it’s going to spend much of its life being rented out to pay for itself.

Something like this is relatively cheap (hundreds of thousands vs millions), simple to sail, lots of room.

The one in the picture is ~65′, I’m not sure the upper limit on sailing catamarans.

What do you guys think? Build or buy?

99 Responses to “Pirate boat feedback please”

1 2 3 13
  1. Bashirsmomma says:

I’m on a boat!

2. James says:

I would rather build a arc. Also why would pirates build a ship, wouldn’t they steal it?

3. Marf says:

Wow, I never actually thought this day would come…

When you say build, do you mean custom built from the factory? Or gathering together the raw materials in someone’s backyard? Because I don’t think the backyard option wold result in a trustworthy ship.

No offense to do-it-yourselfers, but the companies that build these things have years of research and development.

4. kez says:

This just made my day. I say an inspiring qoute should be put on the side. “Made by Human Hands, Touched by His Noodly Appendages”. Something like that. You should totally build this!

5. Parmesanic says:

Sounds great! I am sure it will do the trick. Besides, we can always grow later…

6. Lieutennant says:

Build, definitely. If we do not build it, it is not truly a messenger of the FSM. We need to build it, so that it can be built according to his will.

7. tyler says:

i think ill go with build so we can have it look the way we want it to ,and so it would be like NO OTHER . BUT I THINK THE ONE IN THE PIC IS PRETTY AWESOME.

8. Madden says:

This has a lot of potential… Since this would be relatively affordable it would actually be possible to sail the seas spreading the word of the FSM. Not sure how to retrofit this and have it look really “piratey” though…

1 2 3 13