Mexico sighting

Published October 13th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

work of art

closeup

We’re working hard at spreading the message of the Holy Flying Spaghetti Monster throughout Mexico and Latin America. You might know that the Virgin of Guadalupe is the holiest figure of the Mexican catholic religion – but things have changed. Now we know that the FSM is also present in one more of the many far away lands. Attached is an image of our findings. We hope you enjoy it!

Bendito sea el Monstruo de Spaghetti Volador! (blessed be the FSM).

Sincerely,

Ana Pimentel, Diego Ramirez and Alfonso Ballesteros
Followers of the FSM in Mexico

82 Responses to “Mexico sighting”

1 3 4 5 6 7 9
  1. Jesus says:

@Raptor
    Wow! What a coincidence last week I was just telling my wife that the image on the Shroud of Turin looked like a dinosaur!!! Thanks for clarifying that it’s a dromaeosauridae

Do you know where I can find more information about it?

2. Jesus says:

Opps I missed a bunch of msg.

@EvilAtheist
    Nope, not literal, Catholic teachings and the science behind evolution are not against each other

@JESUS
    Really, there’re even book about their construction? You mean it’s all fake? All created by evil conspirators bound to control our minds? That want us not to believe in the Holy existence of the great-architect? The monument-maker?
    That’s just awful, those bastards!
    Carpet stains, chips! Hehehehe! Good one… I’ve never worship a potato chip.
    Peter Jackoff’s Miracle Water who is he? The new prophet?

@Jesso
    As you said, nice try, nope
    You know what a decision tree is?
    Well God knows them all, for every single action and unaction he doesn’t decide you do, he only knows the outcome.

“So, I don’t think he would mind.”
    Neither do I.

“So, if you are hearing voices or seeing things, then you should probably see a psychiatrist and get on some meds.”
    Voices and visions, hehehehe, now you’re the one with assumptions.

And about to consider what’s sacred and what’s not, it’s based in a little overlooked concept called Respect.

@Horace Hogsnort
    Oh, silly, he wouldn’t

3. Jesus says:

Further clarification
    “And this Michelangelo painting that you are so worried about?”
    I’m not and I said it before I’m ok with it, I do have a problem about using sacred images for mere amusement, there’s no need for that. you might have stop believing in God but that doesn’t justify being disrespectful.

4. ATSAP REVOL says:

@JESUS

Oh, I’m sorry for the typographical error. “Evangelist Peter Jackoff” should have been “Evangelist Peter Popoff.” I know the name itself looks like a joke, but unfortunately he’s real. Look him up on the web or go to You Tube.
    Old Pete has made lots of money peddling his “Miracle Spring Water.” It’s a good example of how the gullible masses can be exploited by Miracle Peddlers. Perhaps the Catholic Church’s dispensation of indulgences or praying a soul through purgatory for a fee is similar?
    ATSAP REVOL, Pastafarian Miracle Worker (send your contribution of $27 C/O Bobby Henderson. You will receive a packet of my Miracle Sphagetti, which will cure all ills and make you rich. The first 1,000 contributors also will receive a small jar of my Miracle Marinara Sauce.)

5. Jesso says:

You know what a decision tree is?
    – Yes

– I did not say that god decides for me, and you just proved my point. Since god has always known everything that was going to happen from the beginning of time and into infinity, then he knew my choice before I even had the option to make the decision. If he knows the outcome I don’t REALLY have a choice because I cannot make a decision contrary to what god knows will happen. I must choose that choice because he is never wrong. Therefore, decision is an illusion.

“So, I don’t think he would mind.”
    Neither do I.
    – Good.

Voices and visions, hehehehe, now you’re the one with assumptions.
    – That would be the “IF” part. I qualified it, so there was no assumption. I never said that you were definitely hearing or seeing anything anything.

– You need a comma there. Otherwise you are saying that respect is NOT often overlooked. However I understand what you are saying so here we go:
    Sacred: concerned with religion or religious purposes;
    consecrated: made or declared or believed to be holy; devoted to a deity or some religious
    ceremony or use
    hallowed: worthy of religious veneration;

So something being sacred has nothing to do with respect. It has everything to do with religion. Religion is made by man. Which brings me back to my point. What is sacred is determined by man. So, again, I’m not concerned with what man considers sacred.

It isn’t disrespectful. You just find it so, and are offended, because of the god part. You wouldn’t think twice about it if the picture had no religious connotations. We are actually honoring Michelangelo by using his painting to represent our views. As I already said, he often mocked the church and some argue that he was an atheist. If that was the case, he may have even been offended to paint it! He could have just done it for the money! It is really all about the artists opinion anyway, and we have both agreed that he wouldn’t mind, so it is a moot point.

Still waiting on proof…

6. Jesso says:

Remove the double anything. Apologies to His Noodlyness for my poor editing!

7. F. Dwarf says:

Ana, Diego y Alfonso: gracias por traer a la luz esta bellísima imagen, está genial.

¿Saben? A veces me he preguntado qué haría el gobierno de nuestras ciudades si de pronto los pastafari nos unimos y queremos hacer una peregrinación como las que hacen los católicos el 12 de diciembre. Dudo mucho que nos dejen bloquear calles para andar bailando por ahí disfrazados como lo hacen ellos.

8. Someone says: