amazing painting

Published October 20th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

Amazing
Full Size | 8.5×11 PDF

As an artist and a Pastafarian, I deemed it necessary to heed the calling of his noodliness and commence work to bring His glory to the two dimensional surface.

And I have used the principles of composition, of values, of line, and chromas, and I have painted pixels in his image. Blessed be the FSM for giving us the rules of composition!

And I arranged the masses of light and dark, and behold, they pleased His noodly Eye. Blessed be the FSM for creating contrasts in value!

And I cooked spaghetti for visual reference, and rendered His holy form, guided by His Noodly Appendage. And I have consumed the spaghetti, and rejuvenated by this holy communion, I placed the highlights upon his noodles. Blessed be the FSM for creating light and shadow, so that we could see our pasta!

And I placed colours and pirate regalia upon the army of His deciples, and behold, I spent many a day putting details in their midst. Praised be the FSM for showing us the way, for to err is human, but to Arr is Pirate.

R’amen brothers and sisters, may the image of His Noodliness please thy eye.

Pastafarian Miłek aka Ethically Challenged

Huge thanks to Milek … I was blown away when I saw this painting. Click on the picture for the full-resolution version.

55 Responses to “amazing painting”

1. Victor Mendoza says:

Wow, this is awesome!
    What i truly appreciate about this image is the fact that his noodliness seems to be popping right out of the picture.

RAmen

2. robotulism says:

Wow!
    I love the reflection of the parrot in the sword. Really well done with all the little details. I really feel like I can just touch his noodley appendage right back!

3. MarcyMarc says:

Could you make a poster to buy off the shop?
    I want one for my room.

4. slayer says:

i would love to buy a print,and some of youre website too.

5. mother Africa says:

that painting looks amazing! great job! the color combination and everything looks professional! thanks very much for sharing!

6. Dudeman says:

Pastafarian Ceddy (#40): You can make stained glass in photoshop cs3, but it doesn’t work very well. I tried it on this picture, and it looks bad.

7. Miłek says:

Dear fellow pastafarians. I was so happy that you liked my painting. To read your comments was a great joy, and although, as with all my works, with time I see all sorts of flaws and shortcomings emerging, I still feel very glad I painted this. To hear that you use it as wallpapers, and would like o see it on your walls and t-shirts and mugs was an amazing boost to me.

As to selling it as prints unfortunately I cannot say when or if it will be available as it’s outside of my area of competence. I gave permission to Bobby Henderson to use the artwork as he sees fit. But since you can download the full resolution picture there’s no reason why you couldn’t print or have it printed yourselves.

To answer Pastafarian Ceddy’s question, painting took about one-two weeks, around 2 hours per day, so I estimate around 20 hours painting time, give or take.

Once again thank you for looking and for wonderful feedback and for visiting my online gallery.

Sauce be with You! R’Amen!

Miłek

8. cindyb says:

All appendages up for this painting! And I do mean ALL. This is a beautiful and artistic painting – what a tribute to his Noodliness.