I find your ‘religion’ extremely offensive

Published September 7th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

I find your ‘religion’ extremely offensive you are clearly making a mockery of Christianity and I feel this is wrong. You should be ashamed of yourself!

-27160

276 Responses to “I find your ‘religion’ extremely offensive”

1. Vinny the Red says:

Ahoy there Sheep #27160,
    I am ashamed.
    Ashamed of the fact that millions of my fellow human beings are wasting their lives on bronze age mythology.
    Ashamed that education, science, logic, and plain old common sense take a back seat to superstition and fear.
    Ashamed that people love their nonexistant gods more than they love themselves or their fellow man.
    Ashamed that people commit horrible acts in the names of their nonexistant gods.
    Mostly though, I am ashamed that I don’t have the power to convince people like you that you only have one shot at life.
    Eat, drink, be merry, do no harm and enjoy your brief stay here.

2. Michaela says:

I find it extremely offensive that you find my religion offensive. and that you put quotes around the word religion. you people really need to get off your high horse.

3. Ryan says:

You imply that Pastafarianism is not a real religion.
    That is far more offensive than making fun of your christian god.
    You should be ashamed of your self.

4. Lol . says:

i am sorry that you feel this way. I am a christian, but i can also understand a joke.

5. Brian says:

Well. Now you know how I feel about your hatefilled “religion.”

Thanks for reading the about section, you seem well read about what this is really all about <- hyperbole.

6. anti inan says:

Dear 27160

I find YOUR religion in which, amongst other things;

Slavery is condoned
    Human sacrifice is used to test faith
    Stoning of women and children are condoned
    Infanticide is executed
    Should I go on?

immeasurbaly offensive.

Who should be ashamed?

7. Shelldigger says:

…and we should give a damn what you think because…?

Honestly, I am ashamed that people living in the “information age” with all the knowledge in the world at their fingertips, and instead of trying to learn what they can about the world around them, they lock themselves up in an inpenetrable vault of ignorance.

8. gimmethegepgun says:

Huh, looks too benign to be Hate Mail, I think it might count as “Concerned Criticism”. Don’t get those often. Also impressive that the person actually grasps that it’s mocking religion. Get that even less often (and almost exclusively in the “Concerned Criticism” category)

Anyway, the major thing to point out is that we’re not making fun of Christianity specifically, but rather religion in general. However, please note that we have Freedom of Speech, meaning that as long as it doesn’t present an immediate danger to someone (shouting “Fire!” in a crowded theater, for instance) or is an outright lie meant to defame someone (though I think that’s still TECHNICALLY legal, in that it’s not a misdemeanor or felony, it still gives open grounds for lawsuits), then we are allowed to say what we want.