Anza Borrego sighting

Published August 1st, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

As a biologist, I have been following alternative theories to evolution for many years. While lacking certain elements of testability and reason, I admit I have always found your theory of a Flying Spaghetti Monster that created the world to have a certain credibility that is lacking from other alternative theories to evolution.

I recently went into Anza Borrego State Park for 40 days to reflect on the value of logic in science. During my journey, I stumbled across a vision of a Flying Spaghetti Monster in the rocks (please see the attached image). In my shock, I failed to record the GPS coordinates of the vision; however, I would be happy to show you on a map roughly where the vision occurred in case your followers would like to go on a pilgrimage.

Consider me converted,
Michael Baltzley, Ph.D.

8 Responses to “Anza Borrego sighting”

1. Doctor of Pastdivinity says:

Obviously, we have here a reflection of Our Noodly Creator in the moment He created Anza Borrego. I say that because in some Anti-Pastafarian forums on the Internet some people are telling that the image is a “fossil of FSM”. When I have read this monstruosity I have been as shocked as Epimenides in Creta when he was shown the Tomb of Zeus.

2. ATSAP REVOL says:

Dear Dr. Mike,
    I think you had been smoking too much Anza Borrego when you saw this vision. The image is clearly not the FSM, but rather the Virgin Mary holding Baby Jesus aloft for worship by the Magi in Bethlehem. How could you have been so unobservant?
    Did you experience any healing of, for example, athletes foot or a malignant hangnail while in the presence of this Miraculous Image?
    The Catholic Church will want to establish this Holy Place as an official shrine. You should immediately send a map showing the location of the rocks to ThePope@TheVatican.con.
    Were you tempted by Satan while fasting in the Anza Borrego wilderness for 40 days? If so, this fits a familiar pattern. Although you probably were misled by Satan about the subject of the vision, I trust that your faith in the value of empirical observations and logical thought in science was renewed by your pilgrimage. Keep the faith, Brother Biologist.
    RAmen
    Dr. ATSAP REVOL, Pastafarian Professor of Systematic Snarkiness

3. TheGavin says:

Ah, most assuredly this man is misled by Satan or other demonic forces. He IS a scientist, after all :D

4. Nangleator says:

Wow, I was hoping no one would point out the striking resemblance to the mother of Christ. Unfortunately, it is particularly clear in this image that no only is she not virginal, but her appearance would make Madonna, Pam Anderson and Paris Hilton look remarkably chaste, in comparison.

5. Jeff says:

I have one problem with the OP. Couldn’t His Noodliness have kicked off evolution? Why is Our Noodly Creator seen as mutually exclusive to evolution?

6. Brian Grover says:

It hasta be pasta!!!

7. Brianna Desir says:

Tell me about yourself answer. http://www.hotanswer006.com

8. Sai says:

Can these heathens not see that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the only known Creator, with the type of skewed sense of humor, that would create such a thing as the Platypus?

Praise be upon the Prime Purveyor of Pasta Perfection, may He Slather you with His Sacred Savory Sauce and touch you with His Noodley Appendage as you gaze into His Majestically Monstrous Meatballs.