your movement is pointless

Published July 7th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

Do you really think you’ll get your point across by creating a fake religion?

And what’s up with the website? Dude, do you not have a life? Shouldn’t you be studying if you’re in college, at least.

~ Stela~

222 Responses to “your movement is pointless”

1. Ron says:

I find it both depressing and ironic that this post is completely pointless.

2. theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Don’t look now, Stela, but the Pastafarians DID get their point across by preventing the Mythologists from foisting their unfounded beliefs on school children as science.

There was a cult that believed they’d be whisked away to a spaceship behind a comet after they castrated and killed themselves. Would you want THEIR beliefs taught in schools?

P.S. What “basic facts” are you talking about, Stela? What are we sickos so ignorant of? Name one – that’s right, ONE – give us ONE – fact that justifies ANY religious belief, aside from “do unto others as you would have them do unto you”.

3. Ham Nox says:

“Do you really think you’ll get your point across by creating a fake religion?”
    No, no I don’t. I believe too many of the people who this is aimed are too entrenched in their own backwards beliefs to listen to hear any argument we might use. This is just my favorite way so far because it has pasta and pirates.

“The reason why Mythology is taught in schools is to enrich our knowledge of cultures that existed way before your ancestors were born. There’s a similar reason as to why religion is taught, those who don’t believe in it, can just go along and learn the views that people had hundreds of years ago, again it enriches them by showing them why others believe.”
    Woah, where is this coming from exactly? I wouldn’t argue against the world’s various beliefs being taught about in schools, because there is a lot of culture and understanding that comes from it. (Notice that I said being taught ABOUT, not TAUGHT or PREACHED.) But that’s an argument for History and Geography classes, not for science.

“I find that the church of The FSM is a big joke, no it wasn’t found such a long time ago, you dweebs, I can’t believe there were people who actually considered believing that. Did you, for one second, think that MAYBE just MAYBE your insulting a large group of people out there, that they will be deeply hurt because of your sick ingorance towards basic facts.”
    No, we didn’t realize that we might have stepped on a few toes when we parodied a MAJOR WORLD RELIGION. Oh no, we never considered that when we force someone to take look at a mocking picture of the fallacies of their belief system, it might rattle them up a bit. And even with all those ridiculous cult followers out there, we never thought that there might be a few people crazy enough to literally believe our joke. Gosh darn, it’s going to be hard to separate all those people from the numbers of us who ironically pretend to follow the teachings of the FSM with their entire being to prove the ridiculousness even further. (And in case the humor is too subtle, I am in fact being SARCASTIC in this paragraph!)

“I”m not going to say that you’re in my prayers and that crap, because you aren’t, and all those people who said you were in their prayers lied to you, because they probably forgot all about it when they navigated from the page, that’s the type of impact you’re making on the world.”
    Finally, someone who gets just how hollow and insulting any prayer on our behalf to YOUR god is. I feel so much safer knowing that my name will reach such nonexistent ears of the sadistic, loving, distant, ever-present, intolerant, self-contradictory Judeo-Christian God one fewer times.

“Well, what can I say, it IS your time to waste. Have fun, if it makes you happy.”
    THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH, THIS HAS BEEN A RICH AND ENLIGHTENING EXPERIENCE TALKING WITH YOU! ^_^

4. BlackBard says:

Stela,

Our holy book, The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, makes it clear that Pastafarianism is the only real religion. Maybe you should read our book before you start criticizing us. We have the proof. It’s in the book. And, haven’t you noticed evidence of His Noodly presence in the world via all the sightings published on this web site. I mean, get a clue!

RAmen

5. JHZ says:

Darn it, I thought this was toilet humor when I saw the title. Foiled again!

6. Didi says:

WHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAH!! This one makes me laugh XD Did she/he really used the words “basic facts”?

7. Ode to a Grasshopper says:

Wasn’t Bobby’s original point that ID isn’t science and shouldn’t be taught as such? Mythology is fine as long as it’s acknowledged for what it is, but it ain’t science. Faith and facts aren’t the same in the slightest…that’s the point.
    Also, he’s a physics graduate.
    ‘Sides, quit bashing our faith! Our beliefs deserve the same respect as any others dammit (& more than Scientology)!

8. Mike says:

The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is not a joke. How dare you persecute me because of my religious beliefs.