your movement is pointless

Published July 7th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

Do you really think you’ll get your point across by creating a fake religion?

The reason why Mythology is taught in schools is to enrich our knowledge of cultures that existed way before your ancestors were born. There’s a similar reason as to why religion is taught, those who don’t believe in it, can just go along and learn the views that people had hundreds of years ago, again it enriches them by showing them why others believe.

I find that the church of The FSM is a big joke, no it wasn’t found such a long time ago, you dweebs, I can’t believe there were people who actually considered believing that. Did you, for one second, think that MAYBE just MAYBE your insulting a large group of people out there, that they will be deeply hurt because of your sick ingorance towards basic facts.

And what’s up with the website? Dude, do you not have a life? Shouldn’t you be studying if you’re in college, at least.

I”m not going to say that you’re in my prayers and that crap, because you aren’t, and all those people who said you were in their prayers lied to you, because they probably forgot all about it when they navigated from the page, that’s the type of impact you’re making on the world.

Well, what can I say, it IS your time to waste. Have fun, if it makes you happy.

~ Stela~

222 Responses to “your movement is pointless”

1. Gigglestick says:

Quote: “Mythology is taught in schools is to enrich our knowledge of cultures that existed way before your ancestors were born”

No sport, that’s history.

Mythology, in it’s basest form, is the study of very old made up stories, allegories, all powerful figures with mad skillz, and tales of fantastical endeavour. You know, like the Bible.

• Alphy says:

I say Ahmen brotha, Ahmen! good ‘ol spooky boogy man in the sky made up stories and allegories like in the buybull. It makes me feel so warm and fuzzy to know that buybull gawd and buybull Geezuz luv me! Hallelujah! Just feed me more fundy shit. I’m addicted to it ’cause I can’t dink four meself. I need buybull to tell me duh way!

2. DarthFennec says:

We did get our point across, we changed the minds of multiple school boards. I never said mythology and religion should not be taught in schools. I agree that they should be taught. Just, in a history class, not a science class. Teaching world religions in History is fine, because it gives the students a more holistic and diverse view on the world in which we live. Teaching religion as if it were a science is not fine. It’s bullshit. Why? Because religion is not a fucking science.

I never tried to insult anyone. If you feel insulted, then that’s your problem, not mine. Also, you never told us what basic facts we’re ignoring, so I can’t help you with that. And if coming here was such a waste of time, you wouldn’t have bothered to write a six paragraph email. Cheers.

3. Brad Sherwood says:

well, she isn’t a very good christian at all. I go to Catholic school, but i am decidedly agnostic/atheist/Zen Buddhism[go religion of no religion] but the only thing i ever remember from mass, and perhaps the best thing about the christian faiths that almost no one, christian or otherwise, respects, is when Jesus supposedly said: Love and you will be loved, forgive and you will be forgiven, CONDEMN AND YOU SHALL BE CONDEMNED.– or something like that. these people who condemn us, are, if they are christian, going straight to their own hell. plus i don’t think she read up on the background of this religion at all.

• Keith says:

You are probably right about Stela not reading up on the FSM. Some people have read up on it and still can’t get it into their noodles that it was invented to show how absurd teaching creationism (oh, sorry, intelligent design: tarted up creationism) is. As a psychiatrist once said to me: you can only offend yourself, because (barring aliens, the Deros and the Illuminati), you are the only one responsible for your feelings and reactions.

4. charrells says:

I don’t know much about the ins and outs of Christianity, but wasn’t Jesus supposed to be nice, turn the other cheek and leper stuff? also i’m english so this all looks ridiculous- but isn’t ‘Mythology’ (already a subject)-History?

• charrells says:

I didn’t mean the FSM was ridiculous, excuse my vagueness.

rAmen

• TiltedHorizon says:

Yes, Jesus was generally a nice guy. However, it seems nice guys finish last, hate-mailers appear polarized by the darker side of the bible. They echo what they are most concerned of, languishing in hell, an afterlife without reward and being forced to actually tolerate and be kind to other people like Jesus recommends.

• wulff says:

In the immortal words of Gandhi: “I like your Christ, I just don’t like your christians.”

5. Garrett says:

Well to be honest that doesnt sound very christian and i thought that Christians should let every one into their prayers. And honestly i believe that most of what you said is actually about christians. So sit back and have a beer cause u got a lot of thinkin to do mate.

6. Pastafarian Dave says:

Ignorance of basic facts pretty sure that’s the definition of creationalism

7. TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

“There’s a similar reason as to why religion is taught”. There’s an EXACTLY similar reason religion is taught with mythology. They’re one and the same.

8. Bob says:

Disgust at ignorance of basic facts is, I think you’ll find, the atheist default position.