your movement is pointless

Published July 7th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

Do you really think you’ll get your point across by creating a fake religion?

The reason why Mythology is taught in schools is to enrich our knowledge of cultures that existed way before your ancestors were born. There’s a similar reason as to why religion is taught, those who don’t believe in it, can just go along and learn the views that people had hundreds of years ago, again it enriches them by showing them why others believe.

I find that the church of The FSM is a big joke, no it wasn’t found such a long time ago, you dweebs, I can’t believe there were people who actually considered believing that. Did you, for one second, think that MAYBE just MAYBE your insulting a large group of people out there, that they will be deeply hurt because of your sick ingorance towards basic facts.

And what’s up with the website? Dude, do you not have a life? Shouldn’t you be studying if you’re in college, at least.

I”m not going to say that you’re in my prayers and that crap, because you aren’t, and all those people who said you were in their prayers lied to you, because they probably forgot all about it when they navigated from the page, that’s the type of impact you’re making on the world.

Well, what can I say, it IS your time to waste. Have fun, if it makes you happy.

~ Stela~

222 Responses to “your movement is pointless”

1. Treeguy says:

“Do you really think you’ll get your point across by creating a fake religion?” Apparently so. After all, whether or not it got to the heart of satirizing religion, it proved that its definitely inciting some responses. After all, people come all the way out to a website that they hate and think is slander, just so they can whine and complain about it. Not to mention all those threats of extreme violence towards the creators, threats of “You should stop, or the Sky Bully is going to punish you for all of eternity.”
    Its not like they’re forcing this on anyone. People should choose to believe what they want to.

2. Logan says:

Did YOU consider you may be insulting a group of people by forcing religion down their throats? Also, if you paid attention you’d know that Bobby doesn’t have a problem with religion being taught, just being taught in a science classroom. Read up next time before you make yourself into an idiot, idiot.

3. Logan says:

173 – ~Stela~ That just made me laugh. You say your world is sitting in peace with people of other beliefs, yet you came here and insulted us with no provacotation. And you speak of an open mid and accepting people of other faiths. You’re kidding right? That’s the opposite of what you’re doing. You are the largest hypocrit I have ever had the misfortune to meet, larger then most Christains are. May you have stale beer for enternity.

4. Pastafarian Convert says:

“Did you, for one second, think that MAYBE just MAYBE your insulting a large group of people out there, that they will be deeply hurt because of your sick ingorance towards basic facts.”

I didn’t realize that the book of Genesis was a fact.
    It is a fact that people believe in God as seriously as they once believed in Horus or Mercury, but that doesn’t mean that any of those religious figures have ever existed. Have you not considered that perhaps I am insulted because you belittle my faith? You cannot prove that your God is real and mine is not, you must simply have faith in one over the other. It’s as if you’re telling me that the color blue is ugly just because you say so, and I am ignorant for not believing you.

“The reason why Mythology is taught in schools is to enrich our knowledge of cultures that existed way before your ancestors were born.”

My ancestors had been living during these historic times and before, they didn’t just fall out of a tree during the 1600′s.

5. jolan says:

well 1 thing i can say this is certanly not pointless: i have alredy laughed my ass off so i woud say mission acompliched

6. steven says:

For someone who said they wern’t going to ramble on, that was one epic piece of hate mail.

7. Bryan says:

I must say. I like Stela. She’s one of the few who not only recognize this as a joke but formulated a coherent response. Typically its “OMFG u are blasphemers burn in hell 4ever EXPLETIVE EXPLETIVE GENERALIZATION Your in my prayers kthanxbye”

8. Lynn says:

You know, if Religion is ACTUALLY taught as Mythologies, I’d be so thrilled! I have no qualms about schools teaching Greek mythology and Roman mythology and Norse mythology, as mythologies; what folks here object to is to teach Greek mythology, Roman mythology and Norse mythology in a SCIENCE class. I hope you agree that they are not science.