Ok people really?

Published July 25th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

Ok people really? im not trying to discriminate anyone who beleives this but this is bullshit. Whoever created this sight is obviosly a smart man and an even better buissness man but this is fucking retarded.
1.Spaggetti was created in the 9th century. PEOPLE created spaggetti in ITALY. So how is Spaggetti creating shit that created it? Everyone who beleives this i am sincerely sorry you beleive this shit and i hope you do whatever makes you happy and one day you will find the one true lord god.
AMEN

-Eli

237 Responses to “Ok people really?”

1. Justin says:

im confused, some other h8r said it was the 12th century, this is like religion, someone is wrong (lol)

2. darwingirl says:

I am truly amazed that there are people out there who still think that this is a legitamate religion. Mostly the oober obsessive religious nuts. Do a little more research on what this is all even about and maybe you can get back to us. It’s always sad when we can make someone look dumber without saying a word.

• Noodlity says:

Tricky thing is, this *is* a legitimate religion, by any applicable standard. That’s pretty much the point – that any Tom, Dick, and Harry can invent a god, write a book about it, and claim it’s divine truth. And, with luck and leverage, push it in schools, on equal terms with real science.

The Prophet Bobby Henderson has, IMO, helped create an actual no-win situation for the ferverent suporters of organized religion: on the one hand, we already have official heavy hitters like Dawkins, who get trash talked by the religious zealots precisely for strict adherence to logic and the scientific method; supposedly, they lack inspiration, they don’t trust their inner senses enough… something like that.

This is where we come in. For we *do* trust our feelings; we *have* received divine inspiration. It just takes the form of a Flying Spaghetti Monster. Refuting *that*, however, is much more difficult for the zealots, simply because it really is their own argument, and so far they’ve played it as irrefutable.

If they go against logic, they lose. If they play the divinity card, thay still lose.

Looks to me like a real no-win situation. I would, however, appreciate if someone’d point out any faults in my reasoning. One can never have too much constructive criticism.

• Ami says:

Actually, I can make you look dumber, albeit with 1 word: uber. There really should be an umlaut above the u, but that’s impossible on my keyboard.

3. Dante Lista says:

Aside from “spaggeti”, “buissness”, “beleives”, and “obviosly” you forgot the “R” in RAmen.

4. Tyger says:

By saying that anyone who believes this is retarded, you are discriminating in 2 ways: 1) against Pastafarians, and 2) against mentally ill people.

5. Kakistos says:

*r’AMEN

6. Observer says:

Hey, look, a small fire! What small fire is not improved by the addition of a little gasoline? (purely metaphorical, not to be taken as either a thinly veiled threat or an endorsement of arsonists)

Why would it matter when spaghetti was invented? Is a Supreme Being not unconstrained by the unidirectional property of time as it applies to us? I believe that would be one of the trappings of possessing title ‘Supreme’. You can’t be ‘Supreme’ and still have to check your Movado. If so, then the following time machine reference applies: If it is ever going to exist at some point in the future, then it always existed and always will exist. Perhaps, judging by the tone and form of the post to which I respond, I should simplify this a bit…

‘A Supreme Being that comes into existence tomorrow also existed yesterday.’ That’s the best I can do. Can’t dumb it down any more than that.

Observation: It seems that the detractors have great opposition to the Spaghetti part of the deity, yet, from the lack of posted objections (unless I just missed the posts), seem to have no problem with either ‘flying’ or ‘monster’. I wonder why there is such an avalanche of objection to something that is both nutritive and benevolent?

On a serious note, the term ‘retarded’ should not be used as an insult. I wonder how the author of the original post is going to explain that one to his personal Supreme Being.

7. chenzheng says:

Hack again?!

8. Chris Jones says:

could it not be argued that the Italian who invented spaghetti did it to show his love and devotion to the Flying Spaghetti Monster? I know when I eat spaghetti I always remember how he boiled for my sins, perhaps the man who invented it intended it as just that, a sacrament in honor of FSM. Ramen.
    -Chris

• Keith says:

Some people say that the worship of the FSM started in China: hence, his “noodleyness” as opposed to his “spaghettiness”.