I am a practicing Roman Catholic

Published July 3rd, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

I am a practicing Roman Catholic. And I am also 13 years old. I was on Yahoo Answers and found a question about “The Flying Spaghetti Monster” So, I clicked on it. I probably shouldn’t have but when the link finished loading, I almost cried. Its hard enough for me to have faith in God already, I’m the type of person who needs to have things proven to them, but I just found your site… Disgusting for lack of a better word. I also heard that you made this site because you wanted to get back at the Kansas School Committee or something. I am hoping and praying that this is a true fact, and that you really don’t believe in this. I know this is wrong of me to say. People should believe in whatever they want, but really, looking at some of the articles that you have written, It seems that your site is more of an “In your face” thing to the Christians saying “Haha, we can make a religion just as easy as you guys can, see how stupid it is now?” For example ‘Your just jealous that our god has bigger balls then yours’? Excuse me for my language, but thats just crap, again, for lack of kinder terminology.
Even so, if you made this as a joke, or something to pass the time, that doesnt mean everyone else sees it that way. I mean, come on, you have a majority of collage students believing in this, and hopefully they’ll see how stupid (excuse me for saying that, im just trying to tell you my opinion without criticizing you further then everyone else already has) this all was, and that they may want to rethink their ways, that maybe you’ve gone a little too far?
I relize this all probably sounds silly from a 13 year old, but please take this into consideration…. If this whole thing is not a joke, im sorry, but if it was bobby… Thats kind of sad.

-erin

285 Responses to “I am a practicing Roman Catholic”

1 25 26 27
  1. test says:

lovely page, eh!

2. Amelia says:

I am also 13. However, I think that you’re taking this too seriously. Pastafarianism is a protest against the teaching off intelligent creation in schools. I’m sorry to insult you, but evolution has evidence. Perhaps there is a god, and maybe you’re right, but freedom of religion is part of the constitution, and teaching creationism in schools is like brainwashing children to Christianity. I’m trying to say this without insulting you, because I respect your beliefs, but my opinion is that everyone should be able to express their thoughts. I’ve believed that since second grade, when I learned about the Constitution. As I said, I respect your beliefs, and I would appreciate it if you would respect mine.
    ~Amelia

• wulff says:

Well said Amelia. You are already showing more intelligence and rationality than many people who are much older than you. Please continue to show the same level of respect and open-mindedness as you continue to mature, so that you may inspire others of your generation by your example. With enough children like you, our future will be in good hands indeed.

• Amelia says:

O_o My name is also Amelia, I am a 13 year old girl, and I agree with you. Are we twins?

3. I have says:

Hey, you used to write excellent, but the last several posts have been kinda boring… I miss your super writings. Past several posts are just a little out of track! come on!

• Keith says:

Why don’t you practice what you preach?

• BadClams says:

hate to be “that guy” but does irony constantly defeat you, or just this once?

• nun sequitur says:

i kno this is not directed @ me, but since it is the backstory of my life, & not just once, for sure (on irony)…

4. nun sequitur says:

that’s interesting. i was going 2 b a practicing roman candle. then, i discovered this was more than statistically impossible. ..

• nun sequitur says:

being that rigatoni is cylyndrical, roman candles r, 2…& noticed the balls of light..i swear i saw a reported manifestation of this elsewhere on the site?

‘Like, totally tubular’- Moon Unit Zappa

(frank zappas kid…
      ever hear 1 of that guy’s albums? talk about content barely suitable 4 adults, let alone kids…)

• nun sequitur says:

all but for dental floss tycoon.

5. nun sequitur says:

& please don’t make fun of collage students…i learned how 2 make these & never had managed 2 gradu8…

6. nun sequitur says:

i cannot locate the post, now…but swear i saw some1 mention body parts & delicately alluded 2 violations of a sexual nature, 2 a poster claiming 2 b 12? i had not noticed the age myself, on another thread before pointing out something i do not know i would have…otherwise…but have a suggestion. a warning, mature content marker, somewhere on the homepage? sorry if this is a dumb suggestion…i do not propose 2 b all that smart.

7. nun sequitur says:

I believe these 2 were practicing catholics also, but opted out of continuing expertise:

synopsis:

Disarmed and dangerous: the radical lives and times of Daniel and Philip Berrigan [Book] What transformed Daniel and Philip Berrigan from conventional Roman Catholic priests into “holy outlaws”—for a time the two most wanted men of J. Edgar Hoover’s FBI? And how did they evolve from their traditionally pious, second-generation immigrant beginnings to become the most famous (some would say notorious) religious rebels of their day?Disarmed and Dangerous, the first full-length unauthorized biography of the Berrigans, answers these questions with an incisive and illuminating account of their rise to prominence as civil rights and antiwar activists. It also traces the brothers’ careers as constant thorns in the side of church authority as well as their leadership of the ongoing Plowshares movement—a highly controversial campaign of civil disobedience against the contemporary arms trade and nuclear weapons.Murray Polner and Jim O’Grady plumb the Berrigans’ contradictions: among them, Philip’s secret marriage, while he was still a Josephite priest, to Elizabeth McAlister, then a Catholic nun, which led to their dismissals by their respective religious orders and Philip’s excommunication from the church; and Daniel’s speech faulting Israel’s treatment of Palestinians, and the resulting criticism loosed upon him from pro-Israeli Americans and many of his allies on the left.Disarmed and Dangerous is a fascinating study of brothers linked by faith and the dreams of peace and social justice in a century bloodied by war, mass murders, and weapons of immense destructive power. It is, above all, an original contribution to modern American history that is sure to be widely read and discussed.

• nun sequitur says:

now they r what i would equate as
      closer to ‘practicing roman candles’…

incendiary…

• nun sequitur says:

i was just asked here by some1, if i wrote that synopsis…no, it is cut & pasted (my book review skills r more like ‘it’s really relevant…about these former priests…well, you will just have 2 read it’)

8. nun sequitur says:

just found out noam used 2 get beatdowns as a kid, as someone in my family did (that persons father had their business vandalized by…vandals, it was including anti jewish sentiment) & nevermind whatd happened with me…but someone introduced us to noam …which upset people whom accuse him of being non pro israel & by extension, us for even blinking @ the book which i lost & never even READ.

anyway, on mr chomsky:

He describes his family as living in a sort of “Jewish ghetto”, split into a “Yiddish side” and “Hebrew side”, with his family aligning with the latter and bringing him up “immersed in Hebrew culture and literature”,

though he means more a “cultural ghetto than a physical one”. [22] Chomsky also describes tensions he experienced with Irish Catholics and German Catholics and anti-semitism in the mid-1930s. He recalls “beer

parties” celebrating the fall of Paris to the Nazis. [22] In a discussion of the irony of his staying in the 1980s in a Jesuit House in Central America, Chomsky explained that during his childhood, “We were the only Jewish family around. I grew up with a visceral fear of Catholics. They’re the people who beat you up on your way to school. So I knew when they came out of that building down the street, which was the Jesuit school, they were raving anti-Semites. So childhood memories took a long time to overcome.” [23]

• nun sequitur says:

glad 2 know eveeything cut & pasted here TOTALLY INACCURATE …my fault not reading it thru. Yiddish not a language its a dialect, a slang mashup of two languages & not clear how he grew up and didnt grow up in the neighborhood, article makes no distinction, or both rather…i never heard of anyone getting beaten up by an entire school for that matter…our relative would get junped by same 2 kids, never mentioned what church they went 2, but fathers store was vandalized enough they had 2 close ultimately.WHAT does rabid antisemitism mean, ive heard the term applied to dogs, raccoons, nevervthis way…technically those from israel & surrounding areas are all semitic peoples. anti semite does not merely refer to jews, anyway. I actually have started recalling other things id learned, ,,but i was made fun of in hebrew school by the kids my age @ the one place, nothing was ever done & i stopped going…i was not learning much anyway. This is y i say i m not a representative…my spouses aunt several years ago began a campaign asking me about various practices..about things to do with orthodox marriage, religious rites….my spouse said instead of my getting upset, which i had, i ought just have answered yes…its part of the standards to yodel after the bed is prepared, etc…i could not bring myself 2 do it.

so…if there are jews for jesus,,,are there pastafarians for jesus? what about jews for joseph smith?

1 25 26 27