42025 Views

The Spaghetti Constant

Published June 22nd, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

I work as a scientist in the area of coating nanotechnology, or more precisely in the development of so called nano sputtering methods. Nano sputtering is a way to position single atoms or clusters of many atoms onto a surface to form a pattern with a nanometer thickness. Often the result is rather random; it is a little bit like firing off a shotgun against a wall with the atoms as shots. My research is aiming for methods to fine-tune the sputtering in order to achieve a desired pattern and thickness instead of just a random pattern, and I did recently a quite fantastic discovery I would like to disclose at your web site. An important parameter is the Diertmann-Zeigler value (d/z value) which easily can be understood as the lateral spin energy of the atom when the Möbier coefficient is set to 1 in the equation below:

When the d/z value is continually changed from 0.24 (which is focal zero point) to 9.56 (which is van Haank’s theoretical maximum) the achieved atom pattern should according to the theory be totally random. However, according to my findings there is one single value (d/z = 1.115) which does not give a random pattern, but always exactly the same pattern (see below).

The d/z value 1.115 is equal to π/e and obviously a natural constant which I hereby would like to denominate the spaghetti constant s.

Dr. Erik Ronne

60 Responses to “The Spaghetti Constant”

1. detcader says:

According to Wolfram, pi/e = 1.1557273497909217179100931833126962991208510231644158204997…

You sure it’s 1.155, or 1.115?

2. Berman says:

This is so fucking perfect! His Noodleyness has proved His holy existence to us through this!

RAmen!

3. Pip says:

“…which easily can be understood as the lateral spin energy of the atom when the Möbier coefficient is set to 1 in the equation below:”

Right. Piece of cake. That didn’t make my brain explode or anything…

That being said, this is pretty freaking cool!

4. Luis says:

Is FSM considered a “religion”? I mean by you believers. Just wondering if you consider it a religion or a belief, cause I dont like religions, but this website is freaking awesome.

I found it by mistake a few hours ago but now I think it was destiny. I think this is hilarious but also a serious belief for strong-minded people. Not everyone can go on the streets and tell their friends “I believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster”, so they can say: “OMG what? Are j00 st00pid? There’s no such thing!”.

However, how can anyone really know what really exists and what doesnt? There’s no real proof of any God’s existence, at the end it all goes down to personal beliefs and faith, so wether it is a man with a beard (Jesus – Christians), a spaghetti monster (FSM) or a vampire (Wyccans), the only important thing (IMO) is our faith on it, what are our intentions with it, and how it changes our lives and others’s.

So as long as this belief, religion, cult or whatever it is, has noble intentions and /unlike *most* of the religions out there who will slap/degradate anyone who believes in something different) you “live and let live”, then consider me a new follower.

Excuse me for any spelling mistakes.

Yours,
    Luis, a new believer.

5. Juli says:

His Holy Noodles have graced us with their presence!
    All hail His Holyness!
    RAmen.

6. erock says:

Wow, i am now completely convinced and consider myself a full convert.

7. Oliver Beatson says:

I’m an ardent believer in the holy spaghetti, but in the name of skepticism, this seems too coincidental to be true. If it isn’t, obviously it’s tres cool. I’d love to see some further explanation of the physics of this.

8. MarcyMarc says:

Irrefutible proof that FSM and not God is the one true lord. He has hidden himself and it is only now through technology can we find his answers.