Successful Outreach

Published June 9th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

I ordered the gospel of the flying spaghetti monster and sent the glorious word to a minimum security federal prison in Yankton SD. As a token of gratitude one the the guys spent 2 months in his cell crocheting this blanket glorifying the FSM. I put my guitar next to it for a perspective of size. Who says ex-cons can’t be a productive member of our society!?!?!

All my best,
Tom G.
Fort Worth, TX

24 Responses to “Successful Outreach”

1. Amelia says:

WOW! Post the pattern! I’m not in jail but I crochet too!

2. Amelia says:

Postscript: I’ll send him an FSM T-shirt if I get my hands on the pattern.

3. ShannonM says:

That is SO sweet! It looks really really good to. Bless his heart!

4. Tom G says:

Wow..I didn’t expect such a response! Never under estimate the power of the FSM! This blanket was made Eric Burkett. He is being released to a half way house in November of this year. He is 35 and a VERY nice guy. (no violence – no theft)

I know he appreciates mail so if anyone wants to write him I know he will respond with pattern request ect. He did make the blanket from just the picture in the book so I don’t know if he made a pattern or just tapped into the Noodlie Cosmic Energy! =)

ERIC BURKETT
    #11601-081
    P.O. BOX 700
    YANKTON, SD 57078

As for a meet up in Fort Worth I always game. I work at the info mart in Dallas so lunch is goo also. My e-mail address is tom7678@spamarrest.com

Thanks!
    Tom G
    Fort Worth, TX

5. Barnacle Bill the Sailor says:

Sean Boyd – You may be on to something, Matey!
    I’ll admit it. One of the things I love about our church is that we have so many beautiful women, who look smashing in pirate regalia. If we can get them on TV to say,
    “Send in your donation now, and you can drink beer with me all night long when we get to Pastafarian Heaven!”
    then maybe we can get that pirate ship in no time!

6. J-rod says:

May the Dread Lord Eric Burkett have a prominent place upon the majestic cosmic pirate ship!

7. . says:

That is so cool! I must find someone to make me one…

8. Cassie says:

That is too much win to describe, right there.